Fire Power Reinstall

Thread: Fire Power Reinstall

Fire Power Reinstall

Yesterday I was looking at backups I had on an old external hard drive and came across my old CFS 3 install. I lost my Fire Power disk years ago and was wondering if I moved all the FP files from the old install into ETO, would it work or am I setting myself up for a CTD nightmare?

I also came across an old MAW install that just never seemed to run well on the old rig/Vid card combo, so I dropped that onto my SSD and launched it an it is amazing! I'd forgotten what a target rich environment it is even in Free Flight. Tanks, Ships galore!

The trouble with placing Firepower over the top of ETO will be compatibility with the FP pylons, weapons, and special effects. The aircraft themselves will most likely be okay. FP first then ETO is a safer bet.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

It won't let me install FP from scratch. I get a msg that my CFS3 install is corrupt.....maybe it should be installed to the vanilla CFS3 install?

Yes, Firepower replaces things like your effects.xml, so it's looking for plain vanilla as the starting point.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

I found an old thread from Grizz on how to, thanks Major!

When we say Vanilla, it still requires the patch right?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Correct. Patched up fully. Remember to get the update for Firepower too and install it also.
    Last edited by sixstrings5859; January 17th, 2018 at 12:53.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    You can still find FirePower for sale. Here is one site https://a2asimulations.com/store/ind...products_id=19 . Hope this helps. I also have a file for correct German markings if needed i can send to you. Just PM me if needed.

Members who have read this thread: 0