Sim Outhouse Freezes

Thread: Sim Outhouse Freezes

Sim Outhouse Freezes

Here on the left coast of the united states I am often looking online around 10:30pm our time and every day at about that time sim outhouse tends to freeze up for a while and I am locked out for a bit. I suspect some sort of online backup is firing off or something but would it be possible to push it back a couple of hours. Its usually one of the best times for me to be online as everyone else is going to sleep and I am finally free to go online and play.

Thanks
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Same here.

Either I get the "spinning wheel" or a message that the site is too busy, and to try again later.

Frustrating, as that is the time I get home from work and would like to scan the website. It is my way of "winding down" from a busy day at work.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Same here in Australia. Every late
    afternoon. It has been like this for many months.

Anthin.

Yup. Here in Haggisland, 6-7 am is frustrating.

But you have to remember, chaps, that every website needs maintenance, and someone is probably working hard to get the site back up again, so be patient !

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    Yup. Here in Haggisland!
    Sometimes here around 5-5:30 AM. Same area as you, blanston12. Never noticed at the time you stated because it is past sacktime!

Speaking of Haggis......Great stuff. Definitely need some Scottish pubs here that would serve it
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I get this around 7 AM in the morning, here in Denver, CO, USA. Sometimes it's just for a few seconds, other times, around a minute or two. I figure there must be some sort of re-org or IMPL running on the SOH servers. If I wait 5 minutes or so, all is good.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

MY brother has lived in New England for 30 years and still longs for haggis - trouble is, your food people wouldn't let it in.

There was a guy in Boston making it for a while, but very, very few Americans will touch offal of any kind, and that, sir, is what's in it !

I believe the laws have eased a bit, and, after all, your new beloved President has strong Scottish blood, so, maybe.....?

Quote Originally Posted by lefty View Post
    MY brother has lived in New England for 30 years and still longs for haggis - trouble is, your food people wouldn't let it in.

There was a guy in Boston making it for a while, but very, very few Americans will touch offal of any kind, and that, sir, is what's in it !

I believe the laws have eased a bit, and, after all, your new beloved President has strong Scottish blood, so, maybe.....?
    No president that I voted for! I know how haggis is made and the one I got through Amazon was canned and made from lamb lobes. Very

tasty, indeed. Made it with tatties and neeps, and a little brown gravy. OK, is it lunchtime yet?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

That would correspond to the time that the server runs its backups.

For a couple of minutes the server because extremely busy as it copies files and the forum database.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Here on the left coast of the united states I am often looking online around 10:30pm our time and every day at about that time sim outhouse tends to freeze up for a while and I am locked out for a bit. I suspect some sort of online backup is firing off or something but would it be possible to push it back a couple of hours. Its usually one of the best times for me to be online as everyone else is going to sleep and I am finally free to go online and play.

Thanks
    now listen ,were on the RIGHT coast not the left,,them over in that area that touches the Atlantic are on the wrong coast,oops left coast,,,see we dont look at the world from space down on to earth,we look from earth to the heavens,so that puts us on the best coast,,i mean right coast.and do they have a Mavericks ?,,,,no they dont,,have they got mountains ?..no they have hills at best...i mean they all need to watch the movie "The man who went up a hill,but came down a mountain" to truly understand that concept.....ofcourse im only (half) joking...

Happiness Consultant
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    now listen ,were on the RIGHT coast not the left,,them over in that area that touches the Atlantic are on the wrong coast,oops left coast,,,see we dont look at the world from space down on to earth,we look from earth to the heavens,so that puts us on the best coast,,i mean right coast.and do they have a Mavericks ?,,,,no they dont,,have they got mountains ?..no they have hills at best...i mean they all need to watch the movie "The man who went up a hill,but came down a mountain" to truly understand that concept.....ofcourse im only (half) joking...
    Ummm .... face north.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

I prefer to face West. Especially right around sunset. Fog rolling in off the Pacific, bonfire just getting going, abalone and lobsters ready to cook, surf boards standing like a henge around the landward side, with the wet suits draped over them...
    Those were the good old days, indeed.
    To me, there's California, Oregon, Washington, Hawaii, and...back east (waves hands dismissively).

By the way, the "dead zone" hits me at 2215 every night, clears by 2245.
    Just me...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Abalone ? I remember them - used to be a favourite in our local Chinese restaurant - delicious.

Are you still allowed to eat them ? Or have they gone the way of turtle soup ? (Yum!)

Of course Sim-Outhouse freezes. It's been cold everywhere in the northern hemisphere lately.
    There's even water pipes bursting in Louisiana right now it's so cold. <--- stung cold

​.

​.

Yup. You can still get Ab in some restaurants, Especially in California. There are people that actually have ab farms going. The sad thing is, they've been so badly over-fished, like so many species humans like, that the biggest ab you can find any more are about 4" across.
    Even free-diving, which is the only way you can legally fish ab, you can't find any of the big ones we used to get for our beach parties. Heck, 10"-12" was about average when I was pulling them up for parties. Now, if you find a 5" ab you're lucky. And of course, the hardest part of cooking them is all the pounding you need to do to them
    The legal size in California for free-dive caught ab is 7", so finding legal size ones is a LOT harder than it used to be. You have to measure them before you pry them loose, which makes diving for them a lot harder.
    I still have my old ab-iron around someplace. I've seen some fools do it with their bare hands. Real tough guys. REALLY stupid guys actually. Ab can clamp down fast, and if have a finger or two under them, well, you can either cut them off, or drown, your choice. After talking to a guy with 3 fingers in a dive shop one time, I ALWAYS used an ab-iron to pop them loose. At the very worst, I lost a $5.00 iron...

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

a know,ive had three friends pass while diving for abalone,all drownings ofcourse,but two got stuck underwater by a rock or something,the recovery crews said they were pinned under water by rocks,the third guy was caught by a current that sucked him out and he couldnt recover and lost the battle..sad.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Here in Cajun land it's crawfish and shrimp and oysters. No drownings to report and good eating. I get a server too busy at various times but come here a lot and it just happened a few minutes ago. It always lets me back on in a few minutes.

This so much more fun, talking about food. Sounds great, Sixstrings...

and, as the owner of a '73 LP Custom, I love your avatar !

(What's more, got into the site first time of asking this morning. Things are looking up.)

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    I have a 1999 LP Custom in white. Have only a few guitars but when you have the best you don't need many.Sorry to get off subject.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Of course Sim-Outhouse freezes. It's been cold everywhere in the northern hemisphere lately.
    There's even water pipes bursting in Louisiana right now it's so cold. <--- stung cold.
    Not so 'Down Under', be nice when all the bloody tourists get off 'my' beach, they (mostly) spoil my camera shots.

And more high 3OC days coming up.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Mid-80s F temps are just about right. Besides, you all under there deal with Earth being about 3,000,000 miles closer to Sun this time of year than we northlanders are when July comes around. Were it not for that huge ocean surrounding you it'd be plenty hotter. Of course, across the interior Outback gets heap big heat this time of year (was pushing 41 C /105 F. today with more of the same tomorrow).
    Will appreciate the setting of your 2nd photo any day: nice, pastoral, and therapeutic. That single soul out on the rocks sort of looks like a mini Christ the Redeemer from down Rio De Janeirio way
    which reminds me of a question: What would Jesus fly? Why, Qantas of course, but I digress...

Back on task-- Have noticed the regular forum freezes half a dozen times these past several years when trying to log in. I just drag my feet and sign in later. Dangerousdave cleared up the regular mystery though, makes sense.

​.

Members who have read this thread: 0