Contacting Iris support

Thread: Contacting Iris support

Contacting Iris support

Does anyone know how to get into contact with Irissimulations?
    I bought an aircraft from them on the 19th December and its now the 16th January 2018 and I have not received it yet. I have tried the support ticket/email/even facebook with no response so far.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Does anyone know how to get into contact with Irissimulations?
    I bought an aircraft from them on the 19th December and its now the 16th January 2018 and I have not received it yet. I have tried the support ticket/email/even facebook with no response so far.
    I have a lot of Iris products maintained thru 4 versions of the simulator. What kind of problems are you having? Which product and sim version?

Thanks for the reply, I bought the grob 115e 19th December 2017 something went wrong and the payment has gone and I have not received a link or anything to download the aircraft, I have checked the email spam box. So far I have tried the submit a support ticket no reply, leave a message on the website we are offline no reply, irissimulations message facebook no reply, Davids email on a previous post on this site no reply.
    With it being the Christmas holidays I gave them the benefit of doubt, I have tried to contact them to resolve this as it has been 3wks since I paid for it.

I contacted David through the IRIS Facebook page (Message not post) and he replied within minutes.

I wish he would reply within minutes to me its been 3wks. Thanks for the reply I will try facebook again later +11hrs.
    Last edited by erican2; January 16th, 2018 at 08:44.

Thanks for your reply tried facebook again even though I hate using it and still no reply taking into account the +11hrs time difference, tried to login to irissimulations and got this error there is a problem with the websites security certificate and can't get any further.
    I have tried the method explained in the irissimulations wheres my product?I paid but no download link on their ecommerce support page with no response.
    I will let you know the eventual outcome.
    Last edited by erican2; January 17th, 2018 at 01:42.

I left David a message on his Facebook page outlining the problem you're having. No guarantee that I'll have any better success than you have, but maybe it'll get thru to him this time.

I have to say that when I had contacts with David in past years both he and Karen were always willing to work with customers to correct problems. I know they both have had medical problems in the past and that has caused problems with working new projects or getting to support problems. Also, their website has suffered numerous hacks that have caused his sites to be revamp more times than I can count, and with that customers have been forced to re-register due to loss of data. David's a good guy, but customer support has always been a problem and he's tried, in times past, to get a handle on it by having a dedicated customer support rep. . .as you can see that apparently hasn't been successful either.

I would hope that he contacts you sooner than later. As good a guy as he is, lack of customer support, constant hacks to his site, loss of customer info and long stretches between projects have caused me to go elsewhere for aircraft. too bad really.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Thanks only time will tell.

erican2,

If you paid by PayPal, just start a dispute. That will certainly get his attention quicker than awaiting his reply on FB Messenger. If he does not then reply, just elevate to a claim and they will eventually refund your money. PayPal sends him a message inquiring about the purchase and if hie does not reply to their inquiry with substantiating evidence contrary to your claim, then you get your refund.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Thanks for your reply Stryker, I was hoping to have got it sorted out by now without getting Paypal involved, it might come to that if I don't get a reply soon.

Just to let you know Paypal had no joy in contacting Iris simulations and are refunding me, not the
    outcome I wanted.
    Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by erican2 View Post
    Just to let you know Paypal had no joy in contacting Iris simulations and are refunding me, not the
    outcome I wanted.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Not surprising. A shame that David has never been able to get a handle on Customer Service. He builds nice airplanes but that's not much good if you can't get in touch with the Company for problems. . . . .and there's always problems.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I know this is an old post, but someone has brought it to my attention via PM, If you need to get hold of me for support, drop me an e-mail at help@irissimulations.com.au. I check it at least once a day after work, more on the weekends. We've also got discord which I'm on regularly...I'm on it now in fact. https://discord.gg/fkGZSd

Hi David
    I just tried to contact you on help@irissimulations.com.au. and I got INVALID EMAIL ADDRESS, any ideas?

Regards Paul Day.

Try it...

....without the period after au

Kent

Hi Kent
    It worked without the fullstop, message sent.

Regards Paul Day.

Thanks for the new support links.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Hi Kent
    It worked without the fullstop, message sent.
    Glad to help...

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 0