F1 Cult Heroes

Thread: F1 Cult Heroes

Pretty strange selection Ed.
    Gilles Villeneuve, Kimi Raikkonen, Ronnie Peterson, Dan Gurney, Jean Alesi and maybe James Hunt are on my list, but the rest are 'not quite right'.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Nigel Mansell deserves to be on the Cult list.... He created his own 'Cult' following with his style and his accomplishments on-track.
    After F1, his 3rd place finish in his Rookie drive at the Speedway was legendary. He was the epitome of Guts & Grit!! I was lucky enough to see Mansell win his first Oval race in Milwaukee '93. There was never a doubt in his two years in CART that he was a force to be reckoned with. A driver I will always respect.

Hey All,

Fangio!!! Bar none the greatest F1 driver of all time. Research says so.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by MustangL2W View Post
    Nigel Mansell deserves to be on the Cult list.... He created his own 'Cult' following with his style and his accomplishments on-track.
    After F1, his 3rd place finish in his Rookie drive at the Speedway was legendary. He was the epitome of Guts & Grit!! I was lucky enough to see Mansell win his first Oval race in Milwaukee '93. There was never a doubt in his two years in CART that he was a force to be reckoned with. A driver I will always respect.
    Possibly the most ill mannered, ignorant and thoroughly unpleasant man I have EVER spoken too!
    And dumb as a bag of hammers into the bargain.
    Almost every driver in the CART round at Surfers Paradise were great ambassadors for the series and their countries, shame Mansell was the one spoiler.
    Mario Andretti made a telling comment on Mansell, he could never understand why the who man made such a great start in his first season of CART just lost interest and contributed nothing to the team in the way of development second time round.
    You want a cult hero?
    Mario Andretti is right up there with the best.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    And dumb as a bag of hammers into the bargain.
    Please don't insult hammers. They have a double digit IQ unlike Mansell.
    Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0