Let's hear it for A.F. Scrub!

Thread: Let's hear it for A.F. Scrub!

Members +
    Blog Entries

Let's hear it for A.F. Scrub!

Scrubby's gone over the the dark side I've noted a number of FSX native models cropping up, the man's as prolific as
    Mozart; A Widgeon, I see a P-36 today, a Peashooter, a Merlin Engined Beaufighter. Marvellous! It may not be A2A, but if folks can get past the 'ultrarealism' (which isn't...) and 'systems intensive' (mostly a pain in the afterbody...) snobbery, we see solid, ascetic modelling, enough VC to fly IMC, and wicked frame rates in MP.
    Ripping the top off a Lindeboom in toast. Cheers, Scrubby!

I wonder if he'd be willing to do a Piaggio P.136 Royal Gull. The FSX/P3D world is lacking one of those.

Thumbs up from me as well.

The the grumman Widgeon with the
    default Goose VC is really nice. Hope some repaints appear.

Well done Sir.

Anthin.

I do respect Scrub. There are those designers who spend years working on one model getting it perfect in every detail, Scrub is not that type, neither was Jens B. Kristensen or Mike Stone who like A.F. Scrub were very prolific and produced low detail but very acceptable models for there day.

We are often spoiled by many of our local designers who produce very detailed aircraft, just less frequently.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Still wondering how he manages to pump out so many models. Must be a source file conversion thing.

SOH-CM-2023
    Scrubby does very fine work and he's certainly a prolific modeler. I am personally hoping he will finish off his F/P-51 Mustang series with an FSX conversion F-82 Twin Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Still wondering how he manages to pump out so many models. Must be a source file conversion thing.
    Probably sacrifices virgins to the Gods...

Well done, BTW, Mister Scrub...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    A Kawasaki Tony, various iterations of Cessna 170, 150, 172, 182, Cap4, Vought VE7. I don't know how the man does it, either, just glad he does.
    But then, I don't know how Bjoren manages 8000 + posts and has time to run the sim

SOH-CM-2020
    I love the Widgeon.

It looks good, flies well, great VC.

Contact points need a wee tweak but that's minor.

Well done A.F. Scrub

Pete.

I love his Bf109B and wish he would revisit it to refine it to his present higher standards. He is very prolific. Much to admire.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I'm no often right but I'm probably wrong this time .
    I thought I read somewhere that A.F.Scrub is actually a little syndicate of devs . How does that stand ?

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    But then, I don't know how Bjoren manages 8000 + posts and has time to run the sim
    That's just 2.3 posts per day, so that leaves time enough to run the sim and keep reloading aircraft to check code changes (flying is for weenies anyway).

And I just realized that I've spent around a third of my life being registered here. Oh god!

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Probably sacrifices virgins to the Gods...
    Well done, BTW, Mister Scrub...
    So that's why there is such a short supply!
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Lazarus, Bjoern, Scrub - we are indebted to you for your time and effort on any and all FSX native model conversions - many thanks!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

J-M, forever in debt !!

hertzie

Members +
    Blog Entries
    ...And I just realized that I've spent around a third of my life being registered here. Oh god!

You really want to plotz, look at your log book!

Uh, thanks. I'm just a hack, though. I see a native Piaggio 166 on simviation. Amazing! Might just see that Royal Gull someday.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Scrubby's gone over the the dark side
    Do we still have cookies left?

Piaggio P 166 for FSX

Thank you to A.F.Scrub

It has been a long wait for a complete overhaul of the Piaggio P166 SAAF for FSX.
    I love it and have textures made for an addon of ZS-NJS if any one is interested.

Will The Real AF Scrub Please Stand Up!

Quote:'' A.F.Scrub is actually a little syndicate of devs . How does that stand ?''

I myself suspected that, but was too scared to say anything that would make me sound paranoid. So I am not the only paranoid simmer out there. You just CAN'T produce that many models (from scratch) by yourself. One every 2 months maybe? If it's a 'simple' model? Who is zooming who? Eck Eck! Not buying it.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    PS: And all of his FDEs are absolutely attrocious. Not buying those, either.
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2024
    Greetings, everyone-

No conspiracies here... A.F. Scrub is just one guy- FlightSim.com interviewed him some time ago. Pretty interesting- he basically doesn't want to see a lot of aircraft disappear because they were made for relatively older sims... I don't believe any of his releases are made 'from scratch'. His Ki-61, for instance, started out as Akemi's Tony- compare the vc, the file names of most of the texture files are dead ringers for Akemi's, and any skins made for Akemi's Ki-61 fit perfectly. His P-26 can be traced back to Wolfgang Faber's Peashooter. I've made the same type of connections with other releases of his. This is how he seems to crank them out so quickly. If I recall, he explains some of the process in his interview.

Don't get me wrong- if I had the time and the talent, I would be doing the same thing he does, because there would be a lot of aircraft types that we would not have available to fly in FS9 or FSX if it weren't for his efforts...

Salute! -Mike Z.

Members who have read this thread: 4