Shaders texture problem

Thread: Shaders texture problem

Shaders texture problem

Hi folks have a look at my BoB Install,iv`e just installed the latest Ankors Shaders package and this is what i get,see pic
    also are there any changes to the config overides and default overides in /appdata also the main config overides that may improve the sim?
    Iv`e tried these settings but now the sim crashes CTD.and the texture problem remains;

*** Warning ***
    You must turn off Dual Pass Render, and turn on the High Resolution Z Buffer, and Disable Shadows. in cfs3confing.exe.

Z Bias Resolution should be typically be limited to 15. Higher values can lead to some rendering problems on some systems.

Z Bias Flat effects should be set to 25 to reduce flickering of the bomb crater decals.

The CFS3 Default Water Detail Texture Size is 5 and the SeaWater.fx settings in this package are preset to match. Using a different texture size will change the appearance of the wave dimensions unless you adjust the values in SeaWater.fx to match.
    alcanallen

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SHADERS.jpg  
    Last edited by alcanallen; January 13th, 2018 at 22:34. Reason: additional info

By the looks of the picture that has nothing much to do with AnKor's Shaders. The textures are not being mapped to the airplane in a way that lines up. The plane is either looking at the wrong dds files, or the files have been corrupted / edited incorrectly (shifted, resized, etc.).

CFS3 has a bad habit of looking through every folder to find a file. If you happen to have more than one named the same thing (this typically happens when you add new aircraft) very odd things like can result.

If this was me, I would start by looking in the m3d file with a hex editor to see what dds file it's trying to use. I would then do a Windows search through all the CFS3 directories for that name to see if I had more than one.

p.s. The CTD may just be a sound.cfg problem with the last aircraft you were trying to fly. Also selecting an invalid loadout can cause a CTD. You can edit the game.xml to make ShowUIWorld="false", and it should let the game start and you can select another aircraft, until you get the problem fixed.
    Last edited by MajorMagee; January 14th, 2018 at 10:13.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Textures and ctd`s

Thanks Major i`ll try getting it sorted but BoB was fine until i added the 17 Nov package.
    John.

I had a similar problem with my ETO install before I ever added the Ankor's shader.
    I traced it down to my NVIDIA settings. I could not use the antialiasing mode "override any application setting". See http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...-50?highlight=
    I'm not sure how to link to another thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0