Thread: P4M-1 Mercator FSX Version.2

Hybrid View

Members +
    Blog Entries

P4M-1 Mercator FSX Version.2

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ok...zXCpy-AgPYd-TA

Attachment 57035

Jan 2018 FSX native Mercator- part 1, V.2, P4M-1

With the elimination of the animation zero point bug, the model has been refrobbed back back to base line, with the original parts instead of the bodged-up temporary main gear. The jet inlets still won't read, so I made and animated a new set of jet doors. These are on the tail hook command for now, the textures are mapped to the nacelle texture sheet. These have new external and internal color area's added for the doors, painters note- the other skins will be modified as the airtanker and Q birds come down the pipe.
    Still no click spots in the VC - that bug persists yet. But, it's getting better.
    External materials redone to conform to latest material specs, landing lights coded in.
    It needs the rest of the lights done. Bomb load on payload condition, though I have to go back at this, I want to put in some mapped bombs, a torpedo load, and make up a load of sea mines. Still, a much better version coming up to Dave's original specs, doing justice to some damned nice modeling.
    Alpha test, Part 1, Version 2, P4M-1 Mercator by David Wooster.

Took her for a quick spin using P3Dv4.1. First issues found.
    The bomb bay is open and could not find a way to close it.
    The sound file points at.

alias=Virtavia AJ-2 Savage\sound

Which is a payware aircraft that I don't have.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Bomb bay is, as the FS9 original, on water rudder key- ctrl-W in FSX. The sound...wups. I tend to use a couple of sound packs and alias the bulk to save on disk space. Down load the FS9 original here in the library, sub out the sound file, or alias it to one of your choice. The original is a pretty decent sound file. I'll put that back in to the general release.
    I don't do P3D, so... yer SOL, and OYO I don't even know if P3D has a water rudder. If it does, it should work. What I may do, to keep the P3D folks happy, is change that assignment to the door command, as those are unused otherwise.
    Thanks for the HU, that's supposed to be the point of testing. I'll try to accommodate.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    A beautiful, graceful aircraft, Cold War veteran. Many thanks, Lazarus.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    The big thanks goes to Dave Wooster for doing the hard part - smashing electrons into an aeroplane shape! Then letting hacks like Y.T. butcher his hard work about. I' happy it's finally up to spec, runs much smoother in native format, too. Some better textures than my feeble mash 'n splash would make an enormous difference!

Thanks Lazarus!

This and all your other FSX aircraft conversions take me back to my FS9 days, which for me was my golden years of flight simming; when everything was new, fun, and exciting. I still remember (like it was yesterday) when my ZEOS 386SX showed up to my front door. That was my first serious flight sim rig....

No P3D for me either as FSX Steam will be the end of the line for me as far as flight simming goes. I can no longer justify (to the wife) the cost of upgrading my current computer rig just to accommodate flight simming.

Thanks again!

Tommy
    Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 16 Gigs Ram
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe
    Intel Core i7-860 Lynnfield Quad-Core 2.8 GHz LGA 1156
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5
    SCEPTRE 27"
    WD Black 1 TB
    ASUS Xonar DS 7.1
    CORSAIR K95 RGB Platnum XT, PBT double-shot keycaps, Cherry MX Blue
    Logitech M510