Perhaps the Ultimate Home Simulator?

Thread: Perhaps the Ultimate Home Simulator?

Perhaps the Ultimate Home Simulator?

A friend of mine shared a picture of his new home simulator. He lives in Las Vegas, and had a new addition to his home constructed, and commissioned this B777 "home cockpit". ~$600,000 not including the building addition. It is run by six computers loaded with P3Dv4 (started with P3Dv3):

Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Now that is a true enthusiast!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    It’s beautiful but 600K? That would buy you lessons to atp level and for the hours needed to be hired by an airline. Of course if there are physical disqualifications that’s a different story. Only thing I would change is to put full motion on it.

this guy truly has the flight sim bug.

Nice set up but man 600K, you can get half-arse motion from a Red Bird sim.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Happiness Consultant
    Bet he has a hell of a time flying fighters.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Now that's what I call having "friends in high places" right there! He is either single or has a VERY understanding wife!
    The Old Master Sergeant
    Last edited by oldmsgt; January 12th, 2018 at 14:54.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmsgt View Post
    Now that's what I call having "friends in high places" right there! He is either single or has a VERY understanding wife!
    The Old Master Sergeant
    He remains single, so he has no one to nag him about what he spends his money on.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    That's beautiful and if you have the budget, sure why not. Aesthetically, it appeals to my personal sense of design, and the technical build seems super clean. Nice work.

I know from my own experience that I would probably feel a bit isolated committing to a single airplane but we do have a lot of options now days. If I had the money to build the building and the sim, I'd be looking at the big radial fighter/bomber version next.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Tampa, Florida, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    He remains single, so he has noone to nag him about what he spends his money on.

Fixed that for ya.

-Irish
    O'Donovan aka "Irish"

odonovan1 on World War II Online - ODonovan on Star Citizen - Formerly @Power Play on City of Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    That's beautiful and if you have the budget, sure why not. Aesthetically, it appeals to my personal sense of design, and the technical build seems super clean. Nice work.

I know from my own experience that I would probably feel a bit isolated committing to a single airplane but we do have a lot of options now days. If I had the money to build the building and the sim, I'd be looking at the big radial fighter/bomber version next.
    Maybe 3 smaller ones for me..a GA, a modern jet fighter, and helicopter....

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Simply amazing !! Wish i had a set up half as good as that ! Guess i can always dream.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    Simply amazing !! Wish i had a set up half as good as that ! Guess i can always dream.
    Well, at least you have a very nice guitar!

I thought I was doing well to have a two manual Conn Artiste concert organ.
    I went to visit an old friend yesterday afternoon and discovered that he had five bloody organs, a concert grand piano, and an antique player piano.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations

Marbles

I have a old chest full of marbles of all sizes and colors. Started collecting back in 1964. Maybe 26,000? Yep. I got that. Bet he don't have any marbles. Or maybe he just LOST all of HIS MARBLES - HA.
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    [SIGPIC]i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz, Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, Sapphire Ati Radeon HD-5700 1 Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Acer 23 in LCD, Windows XP SP2, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse[/SIGPIC]

At least you know where you left yours, Chuck!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 1