Maybe another reason to switch to P3DV4

Thread: Maybe another reason to switch to P3DV4

Watch out Baz, on your six!

Tried that on a test with a Piper (not quite the same as an Emil ) and it was a little freaky, I have to admit...

Blog Entries
    Combine live mirrors with DR working on the interior glass surfaces as well and things begin to look really nice. Only drawback at this point is LM needs to refine the scaling of the reflections. Some autogen reflects wayyyyy to big on inside glass.

Love V4!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

That does look nice. I liked the video immediately following that one as well:

Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Now that just might be the upcoming BOB Special Spit perhaps Baz?
    Looking great.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

is this something we as pilots have to impliment?..set up anyway,lol,? or does it come ready to work in planes?

The modeler has to make it. It is just that it is possible with v4 as it features dynamic reflection. It seems this upcoming AH Spit will have this feature. Nice!

No dynamic reflections it is a proper rear view running in the mirror. Users can set the zoom level and angles if they wish (and they know what they are doing!).

You had me at 'Spitfire'....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    No dynamic reflections it is a proper rear view running in the mirror. Users can set the zoom level and angles if they wish (and they know what they are doing!).
    TRICK!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Well to be fair, many of Dinos aircraft have had working mirrors in P3d for years using a camera view mapped to a dynamic texture. Did take quite a frame rate hit though.
    I assume that this is the same, or similar technique, although the resolution does look better.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Thanks for that description Bazaar. Really interesting.

You can get rear view mirrors in FSX native planes too, since the dynamic reflections are automatically applied to all surfaces made to reflect the default envmap file.
    So that works for any reflective surface in your plane, including the canopy for example.
    In the Harrier from RAZBAM, the rear view mirrors will become functionnal in P3Dv3 or P3Dv4 when you activate the dynamic reflections options.

Are we talking about a different technique here ?

Yes. This has nothing to do with dynamic reflections.

Very, very cool!
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    That does look nice. I liked the video immediately following that one as well:

That’s from a film version of Grandad’s Great Escape​, which in my children’s opinion is a poor adaptation from the book. Just fyi.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Members who have read this thread: 0