FSPilotShop support sucks!

Thread: FSPilotShop support sucks!

FSPilotShop support sucks!

Over three weeks ago I tried to order something from FSPilotshop during there sale and ended up buying the wrong version.

I did not download the installed and there is no license key so I contacted there online support system saying what I did and could they fix it, if the answer was no they can't I would accept that but its now been over three weeks and not a peep out of them. On top of that now that the sale is over if I was to get the correct version I would have to pay full price.

Grumble, Grumble, Grumble...
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Over three weeks ago I tried to order something from FSPilotshop during there sale and ended up buying the wrong version.

I did not download the installed and there is no license key so I contacted there online support system saying what I did and could they fix it, if the answer was no they can't I would accept that but its now been over three weeks and not a peep out of them. On top of that now that the sale is over if I was to get the correct version I would have to pay full price.

Yeah so sad. I know how disturbing it is and i know that sometimes websites like this suck. Recently i checked their seller policies if you want to become a dev. Man, i was really surprised when i saw that they take 35% in commission. If i'm a dev and for example i put 1000 hrs in aircraft creation it's like taking 350hrs of works. It's really high... Its a shame. Now, i will always buy directly from the dev website.
    Last edited by jeffv01; January 11th, 2018 at 18:34.

If you want to get your money back and paid the vendor with a credit card, I would suggest you contact your credit card company and challenge the transaction. They will immediately suspend the payment and invite the vendor to respond to your complaint (assuming not too much time has passed). Then they will determine who wins-- all in accordance with U.S law. I have used this method a couple of times in the past few years to deal with vendors who have zero customer service and have not responded to my inquiries. In each case, I got the money back because the vendor did not respond to the credit card company. By the way, if you use Paypal for your transactions, contact them first and they will work the problem.

these are the best guys I have found, they prompt, they keep files current and well organised

Normally I would support a local store, but my local hasnt provided a decent service in a while, so I purchase 95% addons from simmarket

food for thought

I would as for a refund through PayPal but complicating things is that I purchased a second item, and I that one I got the correct version and downloaded it. I don't think PayPal supports partial refunds.

I buy most of my FS stuff from JustFlight or PCAviator but in this case only FSPS had the item on sale.
    Joe Cusick

FS PilotShop support Rocks!

Can't agree. Have never had any bad experience with FS PilotShop support.

I accidently bought something in the excitement of a sale that I already owned from another vender. I wrote right away and asked if I could return it for store credit. No problem. They were able to keep the money and a customer.

Another time I got there the day a sale was ending and even though the sale prices still showed on the website the store computer was back to normal pricing on those items. I was trying to use up the store credit I had from before so I contacted them and they give me additional credit so I could make the purchase at regular price and still not have to shell out any additional funds. None of this happened immediately but within a 48-72 hours each incident was rectified.

And maybe things have changed but we're not giving 35% -- they only take 30%. But then we've been there a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

I accidently bought something in the excitement of a sale that I already owned from another vender. I wrote right away and asked if I could return it for store credit. No problem. They were able to keep the money and a customer.

Another time I got there the day a sale was ending and even though the sale prices still showed on the website the store computer was back to normal pricing on those items. I was trying to use up the store credit I had from before so I contacted them and they give me additional credit so I could make the purchase at regular price and still not have to shell out any additional funds. None of this happened immediately but within a 48-72 hours each incident was rectified.

And maybe things have changed but we're not giving 35% -- they only take 30%. But then we've been there a long time.
    How long ago did you have your issue? I contacted them within an hour of my purchase and have pinged the support ticket several times so they know I am still waiting. Now on day 25 without any response from them.
    Joe Cusick

How long ago did you have your issue? I contacted them within an hour of my purchase and have pinged the support ticket several times so they know I am still waiting. Now on day 25 without any response from them.
    I have bought a few things from them and have had no problems with the purchase, one thing I bought a few years ago was an ORBX scenery that was sent to me on a DVD.
    Recently on the ORBX website, it told me that there was an update for that scenery. When I clicked the box to get the update, it said that since I bought it from the FSPilotshop, I would have to contact them for the update. I did contact them with my request and was given a ticket number and they said they would contact me within 2 days. I never heard from them, even after asking again using the support ticket.
    I contacted ORBX and told them what happened, within an hour they directed me to how to get the update from them. They had a separate download page for people who had bought DVD's instead of using an internet download.

27 Days later they finally come through. Not only refunding the original but giving a credit that would cover the non-sale price. There reason:

We've had some trouble with our ticket system recently and are just getting some missing tickets back and are still catching up with answering them
    Well they did come through so I will forgive them the delay.
    Joe Cusick

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

I agree. When my computer crashed I started reloading everything from the CD backups they send you, but a couple didn't work. When I inquired what had happened this was their response. "Due to the number of items you have purchased we can't find the item you refer to." They then unlocked all my time limited file backups (which would have been $5 a pop). This was also great because I had bought quite a few before they started sending backups on CD in the mail, which I have no problem paying the extra $4.95 for. I do have all my downloads and any serial keys saved to flash drives now though. (And thankfully I was able to salvage my Skysim Sea Vixen off the old hard drive! I would be unable to replace it now.)

I DID however buy something that I should have had a discount on having already owned Aerosoft's Lightning F.3 and F.6. The T birds were on heavy discount for existing owners, but I was so excited that the T.5 came out I didn't read anything, just instantly add to cart. I never did say anything as it was my own fault, but I think if I had they would have taken care of me.

August 2017. First emailed Nels as soon as I realized what had happened. He responded the same day and passed it along to Adam Howe who also responded with apologies the same day.
    Adam runs the store and came over from Abacus Publishing when Arnie Lee sold it to Flightsim. I'm not dropping names but I've met all of these people over the years.

Members who have read this thread: 0