Hello Kalong ,

chapeau ,

ça veut dire / that means :

je retire mon chapeau à votre grande réussite -

I take my hat off to your great achievement

Ulrich-Richard

PS.: I live here in the region Soth Germany -Switzerland - Austria - France

Thanks again.

Wow that a nice place, hope I can go there if time permit.

in SIM, I very often fly to Zurich (using TU-144), then take medium aircraft (learjet) heading to LSPM for challenging approach.
    Maryadi

almost forgot, I redid the spec sheet, seems that the objects on the spec sheet were not aligned to the texture sheets, you can only tell when sunlight hits the fuselage at certain angles. then there would be 2 objects that could be seen, now they are aligned to fit the main texture sheets, minor detail . Thanks again Maryadi

Bill

ah ... yes, I forgot to adjust spec texture ...
    added to my correction to do list
    Thanks Bill
    Maryadi

Maryadi, I noticed that you have spec sheets for the interior but no spec sheets for the exterior . Just curious , will the model be able to accept spec sheets for the exterior (is it enabled ?). Trust me I am a novice on these matters . Just curious if a spec sheet could be made and used on the exterior or if there was a reason why you didn't do one.

Bill

wow just had a moment, I do have spec sheets for the fuselage , not sure what I was thinking. I guess going over 50 is true lol. no insult to anyone here over 50 .

Bill

OK I recovered, I meant to say BUMP maps for the fuselage , you have them for the interior but not the exterior. sorry for the confusion on my part. Im just curious

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    wow just had a moment, I do have spec sheets for the fuselage , not sure what I was thinking. I guess going over 50 is true lol. no insult to anyone here over 50 .

Bill
    None taken ....LoL
    I'm 64 and I don't want to scare you .... But it gets worse ......

Cheers, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    None taken ....LoL
    I'm 64 and I don't want to scare you .... But it gets worse ......

Cheers, Rob
    I've got you beat by 5 years! Just wait till your hair falls out!

Charlie
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

yeah I was afraid of that lol

Bill

Well, testing of the inverted-flight tanks and systems went as good as expected! Sure could have used a couple of barf-bags. Sorry about the cockpit....I'll clean it up later

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Osprey inverted.jpg   Barf bag needed.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Well, testing of the inverted-flight tanks and systems went as good as expected! Sure could have used a couple of barf-bags. Sorry about the cockpit....I'll clean it up later
    Now try flying inverted at 50-100 knots with nacelles at 60 or so.
    You need to switch off the AutoNac and SpecialFeatures buttons when trying ....

PS:
    Ohhh.... tried it myself, and just realised (after looking into my code) that I never modelled inverted flight in VSTOL config ... (like I did for all my recent Harriers implementations).
    So it looks a bit odd now ...When flying inverted and in STOL config (so part of the thrust is pointing upward instead of downward) altitude still increases instead of falling down like a brick ... LoL
    Oh well, next version maybe ...

Although I wonder how a real Osprey will behave doing such a inverted-flight maneuver in Conversion/VTOL config; probably crash immediately ?? (maybe the systems would even prevent such a maneuver, I don't know)

Rob

OK I recovered, I meant to say BUMP maps for the fuselage , you have them for the interior but not the exterior. sorry for the confusion on my part. Im just curious

Bill
    As I state in fsdeveloper.com, external model not much updated to keep old livery always can used.
    Added to my to do list.
    Maryadi

Bill
    Hi Bill,
    You're only 'over 50'?! What a kid! Just you wait, it's all downhill once you get to 80! Still got most of my marbles but not as smart or quick as I used to be... But I can (slowly) cope with FS/P3D - even Maryadi's MV-22.
    So take heart all you youngsters, if an old f*rt like me can fly it it'll be a doddle for you!
    Cheers,

Mark

Nice freded, I’ll keep that in mind lol

Bill
    p.s. I feel old now , what it’s gonna be like if I make it TO 80 LOL

Landing lights

In the MV-22B_v1 the landing lights were to be handled with Crtl-L.
    What comination is required in the MV-22B_v2 ?
    Ctrl + L is not permanent in my case .

Thanks

Ulrich-Richard

see FM: 6.1.2.4.11 LIGTHING SYSTEM. page 17-18

landing light at menu2
    Maryadi

Yaw pedal authority

Hi again,

In the hover I seem to have lots of roll authority (I take it due to the lateral thrust layout), reasonable fore-aft but very little yaw pedal, with one-two degrees per sec. Makes maneuvering in the hover quite exciting sometimes!

Tried adjusting the flight dynamics in the normal manner, but I assume these are within the VSTOL gauge?

Any way for me to increase the yaw response please?

Many thanks

Andy

Maryadi ,

thank you very much .

Landing-Lights and Navigation-Lights

LTS / Menue-1 and Menue-2

Greetings

Ulrich-Richard

Quote Originally Posted by andy277uk View Post
    Hi again,

In the hover I seem to have lots of roll authority (I take it due to the lateral thrust layout), reasonable fore-aft but very little yaw pedal, with one-two degrees per sec. Makes maneuvering in the hover quite exciting sometimes!

Tried adjusting the flight dynamics in the normal manner, but I assume these are within the VSTOL gauge?

Many thanks

Andy
    Hi Andy,

I have a similar problem: the MV-22 tends to roll to starboard even with no wind and stick calibrated. That too makes the hover hard to control. This happened in Rel1 too. Maybe it’s my system?
    Does anyone else have this problem?
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by andy277uk View Post
    Hi again,

Many thanks

Andy
    Yes, there is. Just a programmed parameter in the VSTOL gauge.
    I've measured it, and at present it's exactly 2 degrees/sec at full rudder deflection.

If you have a better real-world value, (like 4-6 degrees/sec or so??) I'l gladly change it.
    Note though that the MV22B is NOT a smalll helicopter ....

Rob

I have a similar problem: the MV-22 tends to roll to starboard even with no wind and stick calibrated. That too makes the hover hard to control. This happened in Rel1 too. Maybe it’s my system?
    Not with me.

But to make sure this isn't perception:
    1. Make sure the left/right tanks contain an equal amount of fuel.

If still the same problem:
    2. In the panel.cfg, disable the gauge:
    gauge03=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter, 0,0
    This removes all "random" turbulance and groundeffect.

If still the same:
    3. In menu Options-Controls, set the Nullzone of the Ailerons axis to Max., so you are sure that with a centered stick there is no Aileron axis input.
    Also, make sure that there is no other controller axis is assigned to Ailerons.

Does any of this solve the problem; and if so: what ?
    On my system, the Osprey hovers on the spot for more then a minute (if 1. and 2. is applied, speed and pitch 0, centered stick, and no wind)

Rob

Just my 2 bits on the roll "thing": It doesn't do it to me at all. I can make it hover relatively well (for me, anyway )
    I can even hover over a fixed point on the ground for a few seconds. Without any adjustments or changes.
    My joystick settings are jut a touch left of full on the Sensitivity, just a touch right of full left on the Null zones.

I haven't tried the inverted stuff yet, although I'd wager that it's one of those "prohibited maneuvers", especially low, slow, and nacelles up. Barrel roll, maybe, as long as you have positive G all the way round, like Bob Hoover's famous Iced Tea pouring video. I sincerely doubt it has anything resembling the inverted flight tanks most fighters have, though. Probably not stressed for it, either. It aint no fighter, folks

Have fun! I sure is
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Not with me.

But to make sure this isn't perception:
    1. Make sure the left/right tanks contain an equal amount of fuel.

If still the same problem:
    2. In the panel.cfg, disable the gauge:
    gauge03=rcb-gauges!VSTOL_Jitter, 0,0
    This removes all "random" turbulance and groundeffect.

If still the same:
    3. In menu Options-Controls, set the Nullzone of the Ailerons axis to Max., so you are sure that with a centered stick there is no Aileron axis input.
    Also, make sure that there is no other controller axis is assigned to Ailerons.

Does any of this solve the problem; and if so: what ?
    On my system, the Osprey hovers on the spot for more then a minute (if 1. and 2. is applied, speed and pitch 0, centered stick, and no wind)

Rob
    Thanks Rob, I'll try that shortly. Just got home from hospital after cataract surgery so don't feel like doing much right at the moment!
    Maybe tomorrow I'll go through your suggestions.
    Cheers,

Mark

Thanks Rob, glad I'm not hunting another issue down.

I've had a look at a display on youtube where the yaw rate was in the order of 30 degree per second. I can see at that rate with the roll sensitivity I'd come to grief quite quickly!

It's quite a fascinating vehicle to watch maneuver, a much more agile aircraft than you would think.

Many thanks

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 4