Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 18
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Sure! Just add them to the bottom, and renumber them appropriately. Those .cfg files are extremely versatile. It's a lot like adding a paint, or series of paints, to an aircraft, really. You add the right entries to the plane's aircraft.cfg, and number them correctly. Same principle.

Like I said, you can add just about anything in the Simobjects\Misc folder to the .cfg file. Just need the correct name to add from the object's sim.cfg file's Title= line. You can name the "formation" anything you like, and can have more than one object per "formation", as you can see in the first entry in the new file. Just spread them out, or they'll all be piled on top of one another, which makes picking the one you want much harder. Make certain, when you enter an object in a "formation", and go to set the position coordinates, that you do NOT have a space between the object's title, and the first comma, thus: unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15 . Notice, no space after the object's name from it's sim.cfg's Title= line, and the first comma, prior to the first positional coordinate. AND no space after the first number, prior to the second comma. If you put a space in those positions, the object won't appear. I learned that the hard way

The Simobjects\Misc is in essentially the same place as the Simobjects\Airplanes folder, where you put addons like, just a random example, Marayadi's MV-22. Just down a few. Just above Rotorcraft. It's the folder for things like the hoistable objects used for missions, animals, and so on. If it doesn't belong to another category, like Airplanes, Boats, etc, it goes in Misc. All the droppable weapons from Chris Sykes Weapons4 addon go there, too, for example.

Does that help?
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Thanks. I've found the Simobjects\Misc folder now. Why didn't I look there before?

Been messing with the two 'Sling Loads for AIcarriers.cfg' files. Have amalgamated them into one. But noticed a strange line and am wondering if it's genuine or a typo. Here it is:-

[formation.10]
    title=box_of_drums_sm
    unit.0=box_of_drums_sm, 0, 15[B] "

Is there supposed to be that '[B] " ' at the end?

If you're interested, I could send you the complete amalgamated file...
    Cheers,

Mark

Is that from the first one, or the second, or no idea? It doesn't look right, but I'll take a look at both of them and see if I can see what's going on...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Is that from the first one, or the second, or no idea? It doesn't look right, but I'll take a look at both of them and see if I can see what's going on...
    Pat☺
    It's from the first one. I took the liberty(!) of deleting the extra '[B] " '.

A couple of other 'features' that have appeared:-

1. 'box_of_drums' doesn't appear on the P3D screen with Shft-J - that's the one that had that extra bit that I deleted.

2. My final version of Sling Loads for AICarriers.cfg reached up to [Formation.14], but I soon found that any entry above 12 did not appear on the menu. There's obviously an upper limit (which you already knew about!).

3. 'Humvee' doesn't appear. Seems to be because it isn't in Simobjects\misc...

Hope this interests you!
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    It's from the first one. I took the liberty(!) of deleting the extra '[B] " '.

A couple of other 'features' that have appeared:-

1. 'box_of_drums' doesn't appear on the P3D screen with Shft-J - that's the one that had that extra bit that I deleted.

2. My final version of Sling Loads for AICarriers.cfg reached up to [Formation.14], but I soon found that any entry above 12 did not appear on the menu. There's obviously an upper limit (which you already knew about!).

3. 'Humvee' doesn't appear. Seems to be because it isn't in Simobjects\misc...

Hope this interests you!
    1. It works in FSX, HOWEVER, P3D may not have it in the \Misc folder. Did you check that it was there? Alternatively, did you try with the [B] left in? I've never seen that in a AICarriers.cfg type file, but it came from Hovercontrol that way. I'll see if I can dig up a reason why, and what it's for.

I found the [B] situation solution. The file that comes with the Scar Creek sling load download, to be added to AICarriers so they show up, had it in it. They made the whole thing to show up in Bold typeface. There's a "[B] at the start of the file. Should be a different entry to make it show in Bold, but it's there. I got rid of the opening "[B] when I made it a .cfg file, but didn't notice the closing [B]" entry, and just copied it over as was. Sorry 'bout that.

2. The files, as far as I know, don't have that limit. I suspect that entry 13 may have an error of some sort, preventing the next 2 from showing. Check entry 13 VERY carefully for any minor little typo. Like a space before a comma. They sneak in and mess things up. Or just post it and I'll check it out.
    Having said that, P3D has some unique limitations and requirements, so there may be something I'm missing.
    It's not just a matter of going to the next menu page in the SHFT+J window, is it? Or expanding the menu window to see more entries?
    Alternatively, just make another .cfg file, with a different name, like Sling_Loads_2.cfg, and place the two entries you want in it, and see if they show up. Just remember to start it with [Formation.0] . You can have as many .cfg files as you want, as long as each has a unique name, and each is in the conf.d folder.
    Take a look at the cvn_68_69.cfg file that comes with Javier's Nimitz V2 downlload. It has 50 [Formation.X] entries. I don't have P3D, but you can check to see if it works for you. I presume you have Javier's Nimitz stashed someplace

3. See my answer to #1. P3D may not have that object. It doesn't come with missions, so I suspect it didn't have that object to begin with. If you still have a copy of FSX, check it's ...\Simobjects\Misc folder. It should be there, so just a simple matter of copying it over. In fact, I suggest doing that with the contents of the entire folder, so if you find another object you want to use, it'll be there.

Hope all my babbling helps some...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Next one up

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PF.jpg  

and then I was thinking this one but it may seem difficult if I cant find a clearer pic

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vmm.jpg  

Hey flewpastu

Hey flewpastu, you're awesome! Thanks!

Hi,

I've noticed that (in P3D) if you save a flight/scenario with the aircraft in Full Stow condition, that on returning to that flight the rotors won't un-Stow. This is because the engines are no longer completely stopped, as seen on the CDU's EICAS/NG display, which shows a value of about 12. it is not possible to completely stop the engines using the Overhead Engine State controls.

The only work-around for this is to change the aircraft/vehicle to e.g. the Default Cessna 172, completely close the throttle, and then go back to the MV-22B.

Am I missing something, or is this to be expected? Perhaps it's due to limitations in the basic FS/P3D coding...
    Cheers,

Mark

that weird, as default saved flight, if engine stopped when save a flight, engine will remain stop when load it.
    Osprey still use default save/load flight and add several part that not cover from default save/load.

if engine "hanging" (12 rpm) try move starter lever forward and back again (don't move too fast).
    Maryadi

[kalong, that weird, as default saved flight, if engine stopped when save a flight, engine will remain stop when load it.
    Osprey still use default save/load flight and add several part that not cover from default save/load. if engine "hanging" (12 rpm) try move starter lever forward and back again (don't move too fast)]

Maryadi,
    I tried moving the starter levers back and forth several times but still 12rpm showing. Perhaps I'm moving it too fast?
    Cheers,

Mark

Just uploaded

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Just uploaded

Bill
    Beautiful flewpastu,Thanks.

Thank you , got a bunch more comin, any requests ?

Bill

Thank you , got a bunch more comin, any requests ?

Bill
    Thanks Bill, I got a few ideas for you:

• VMM-165 White Knights CAG "Lady Ace" & VMM-165 Line Bird
    • Your take or takes on what a US Navy COD CMV-22B would look like... ;-). I'd recommend starting here with what the C-2 CODs are wearing and this artist's concept.

There you go.
    Last edited by JosefK; March 15th, 2018 at 23:47. Reason: VMM-365 already made

Oh yeah, those are definitely doable, vmm165 ,both models no problem. The navy conception will be fun, lots of ideas there

Bill

working on it this weekend JosefK

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lady ace.jpg  

Just uploaded

Bill
    I like it, Bill!

But I always have trouble finding new downloads, so would you tell me where to find It, please? Is it somewhere on SimOuthouse?

Thanks!
    Cheers,

Mark

A few minor touch ups and ill upload it this weekend hopefully

Bill

Mark you can find the Purple Fox's on the front page here at Simouthouse or go here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=23468
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   1.jpg  

A few minor touch ups and ill upload it this weekend hopefully

Bill

Mark you can find the Purple Fox's on the front page here at Simouthouse or go here

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...6&linkid=23468
    Thanks so much! :-)

Frequent CTDs of P3D when flying MV-22B Rel.2

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of CTDs when flying the MV-22B under P3D v3. This has only started to happen recently.

The problem doesn't happen immediately I load a flight; only after getting airborne. Also, sometimes P3D will fail to load and CTD at once.

Anyone having the same trouble? Any ideas what I should be checking? Would reinstalling P3D fix it?
    Cheers,

Mark

Uploaded this morning

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Awesome paints Bill.

Thanks PhantomP , This is the last repaint V2 for awhile. Im gonna play around with adding some Navy repaints for the brothers and sisters in the Navy, since it seems the Navy is gonna be switching over to the osprey in the near future.

Bill

P.S. This repaint has been uploaded as I write
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Its got potential for sure . Looks better than I thought it would , early stages though

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting a lot of CTDs when flying the MV-22B under P3D v3. This has only started to happen recently.

The problem doesn't happen immediately I load a flight; only after getting airborne. Also, sometimes P3D will fail to load and CTD at once.

Anyone having the same trouble? Any ideas what I should be checking? Would reinstalling P3D fix it?
    I need your error report when CTD occur.
    Maryadi

Members who have read this thread: 5