Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released
Page 1 of 28 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Read about it and download it here .......
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...se-2-0.441890/

Package is for FSX-Accell, FSX-Steam, and all P3D versions (including P3Dv4).

NOTE:
    Package is pre-configured for P3Dv4 (64bit gauges).
    For FSX and P3D-32bit, all you need to do is rename a panel.cfg ....
    See included FlightManual for instructions .

Enjoy,

Rob

Downloaded and installed. Looks good so far. Hope everyone reads the part that the panel.cfg is configured for 64 bit and will need to use the
    32 bit panel.cfg for 32 bit systems....like mine!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Downloaded and installed. Looks good so far. Hope everyone reads the part that the panel.cfg is configured for 64 bit and will need to use the
    32 bit panel.cfg for 32 bit systems....like mine!
    Right.
    And reading the part that you need to have the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable"s installed for the VSTOL to work ....

Like Rel1.0, this is NOT a simple download-unzip-and-fly package; way too advanced ......
    Hence: Start with reading the FlightManual ...LoL

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Right.
    And reading the part that you need to have the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable"s installed for the VSTOL to work ....

Like Rel1.0, this is NOT a simple download-unzip-and-fly package; way too advanced ......
    Hence: Start with reading the FlightManual ...LoL
    Sounds good! There was no problem with VSTOL on the Rel1.0, so not anticipating any problems with this version. Now if UPS could just get my new joystick delivered!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I will be checking out this beauty ASAP.
    AND I may even read the directions, although I am almost embarassed to admit it. Real pilots don't need no directions!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Icon5

Any one know off hand if the repaints that have been done so far work on this new version ?
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Quote Originally Posted by T Square View Post
    Any one know off hand if the repaints that have been done so far work on this new version ?
    I know that the ones that I packaged together with mine and Letourns repaints work ok, But I may update it if I can get my hands on the ambient occlusion layer that Maryadi created.

https://simviation.com/1/search?subm...Osprey&x=0&y=0

I know others have made repaints as well, but they are scattered across different websites. I think someone has uploaded some of theirs to this site.

For support/questions on Rel2, please use THIS thread and not the Rel1 thread !!
    Rob

Guys, for some reason cannot get this aircraft to function. For FSXA, downloaded and once in the aircraft file, changed the panel.cfg from 64 to 32 as instructed. I have no battery power, as such no panel functions. Can I get a brother to help me out?
    Hawkdriver

Getting same in fsx se. With last version as long as you cycled through the views to the vc everything was up and running for flight. Not with this version. Mfds are on but no running engine's.

Matt

Please somebody tell me the nacelle controls.I have tried ctrl num4 and ctrl num6.i have tried the spoiler / key.All to no avail.Is there a setting on the overhead that I am missing?

Cheers chris

With FSX Standard edition with SP2....No problem with battery, displays, engine start or takeoff. Using the 32 bit panel.cfg.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Please somebody tell me the nacelle controls.I have tried ctrl num4 and ctrl num6.i have tried the spoiler / key.All to no avail.Is there a setting on the overhead that I am missing?

Cheers chris
    CTRL+ Num4 and Num6 work perfectly sitting on the runway in a cold and dark situation. Gotta wait till my joystick arrives before a test flight.

The Nacelles are controlled by "Aileron Trim". Whatever key or joystick button that you have that set as. Do you have the Nacelle Auto button on or off?

Link is broken (inop) - for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Read about it and download it here .......
    http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/thr...se-2-0.441890/

Package is for FSX-Accell, FSX-Steam, and all P3D versions (including P3Dv4).

NOTE:
    Package is pre-configured for P3Dv4 (64bit gauges).
    For FSX and P3D-32bit, all you need to do is rename a panel.cfg ....
    See included FlightManual for instructions .

Enjoy,

Rob

Yeah, it seem the bandwidth is exceeded for downloads. Hopefully it will be available again soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Link is broken (inop) - for now.
    Hi,

First, in my OP I referenced to a thread on FS-Developer, who were suddenly in the middle of a forum/server upgrade.
    This is solved now.
    Second, it appears that the package is too popular ..LoL..., so the Dropbox link doesn't work anymore (generated too much traffic).
    I will ask Maryadi to upload the Rel2 package to SOH as well.

As to problems with aircraft initialisation, nacelles control, engines, systems, etc etc :
    PLEASE, read the FlightManual first .....

Summerised information on that:
    Because this Rel2.0 is completely reworked, it is no longer compatible with flights saved with Rel1.0 (if you use those as a start).
    So you have to create new default flights for the MV22B Rel2, for Ready-to-Run and Cold&Dark situations and save those flights for future use.
    Reason is, that at aircraft/flight initialisation, the code reads some internal systems data which is NOT saved in the standard FSX/P3D flight files.
    So at saving a flight with the MV22B, the codes writes systems-data in an additional flight-save file (with extension .mv22) which is used to load data when you load that flight again.

Additionally, there is a timing "bug" in FSX, which causes some data not to be initialised properly.
    Remedy for that: after starting FSX and load a saved MV22B flight, load the flight a second time via the menu (select the flight again, NOT "reset" the flight)

The best way to create saved flights from scratch:
    1. Start FSX and create a flight with a default aircraft (like the B737) and make sure it's engines are running.
    2. Select the MV22B via the Aircraft menu
    3. In the VC overhead panel, make sure all systems (APU (RUN/ENGA), Starterlevers (FLY), MasterBattery, Avionics, etc) are set properly.
    4. Check if the aircraft works now
    5. Save this as a Ready-to-Run flight.

For a Cold&Dark saved flight:
    1. Load the Ready-to-Run flight.
    2. In the VC, disable all systems in the Overhead panel and (in the MFD) apply full BladeFold/WingStow after the props have stopped rotating.
    3. Save this as Cold&Dark flight.

Why so complicated, you may ask ????
    Because the real MV22B has some unique features, which are modelled in this addon release, but are unknown/unsupported in FSX/P3D.

To name just one (apart from the whole VSTOL behavior, rotating nacelles concept and BFWS function):
    The MV22B (and this simulation of it) is able to fly on just ONE engine, which drives BOTH proprotors via a gearbox.
    This concept is unknown in FSX (where each engine has it's own prop), meaning that none of the standard engine sound structures (start, spoolup,etc) and left/right prop animations can be used.
    So this is all implemented with proprietary coding, which needs to be initialised properly at aircraft/flight load.
    Trust me, Maryadi created an exceptional piece of art here, modelling all this "unsupported" stuff in FSX/P3D; but it also makes aircraft/systems initialisation very complex.

Rob
    Last edited by rcbarend; January 12th, 2018 at 18:04.

Lot of hoops to have to jump through to get Ver 2 flying, Ver 1 was much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by jymp View Post
    Lot of hoops to have to jump through to get Ver 2 flying, Ver 1 was much easier.
    And the purpose of your post is .... ?????

Well, stick to Rel1 then.
    Or use other addons simulating an V22 Osprey; which are even far more easy to jump in and fly ...
    And have no "very choppy prop animations" (your comment in the Rel1 thread) ....

* sigh *

Rob

Hey Jymp! Great to see you here! Yes, it's a few more hoops to jump through to get her flying but it's very rewarding once learned and honestly it's not at all a steep learning curve. I have to say, this is one of the finest freeware models (actually finest FS models period!) that I've ever seen. To Maryadi and Rob (and all others involved), you're all very generous in the work you've done on this model. Personally, I say a huge Thank You!

I know a while back I posted that I have retired from FS. Technically that is still so due to my schedule and a good bit of burnout factoring in and as I noted months ago, I shared this hobby with my late father (who passed nearly a year ago). During his prolonged illness, my introducing him to new models provided him with a good bit of enjoyment while he was forced to stay at home (which I was his caretaker a good bit of that time). His absence & not being able to share it with him now is another reason I don't do this as much anymore but I will always support this hobby in any way I can and keep poking my head in here. Again, Maryadi & Team, Great Job!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry for my ignorance but I don't get the proprotors turning.
    I read the manual, nevertheless no success. There must be something I'm doing wrong.
    Can somebody give me advice, please.

Dieter
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

first, what is your Sim?

as state at first post, the package are pre-configure for P3D v4.
    to use in FSX, in panel folder there 2 file cfg:

panel.cfg >>>> rename this, to panel64.cfg

panel32.cfg >>>> rename this, to panel.cfg
    done.

I recommend to rename rather than delete. setting up inside panel(32/64).cfg aren't easy and need precise. with renaming you will not lose anything, even though you have original package.

I made as simple as I can to install the package. if you look inside panel.cfg (using notepad) you can see, what/where *.dll file referring to.
    Maryadi

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention, I'm using P3Dv4.
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - P3Dv4
    Greetings
    Dieter
    Win10 Pro 64 bit - RAM 16GB -1 SSD 1TB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 HD 1TB/Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,2 GHz - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - MSFS

[\QUOTE]
    Trust me, Maryadi created an exceptional piece of art here

Rob[/QUOTE]

Absolutely ... same true of your part in it Rob. Thanks for summary of key points... hopefully I can get it working.

Matt

Many thanks to Maryadi and the Osprey team!

It's awesome how you keep improving the simulation and find new ways to do "impossible" things.

- JP
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Members who have read this thread: 4