Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 7
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Mr/Mrs/Miss "Seahawk72s",

With all due respect ...

To keep people in this forum motivated to help other people to solve (real or perceived) "bugs" in this freeware gem, IMHO it would be appropriate that you answer questions asked to you c.q. reply to suggestions made, before asking for new features or post new (perceived or not) problems.
    Like:
    - Apperantly ? you have solved your problem of not being able to move the nacelles. It would be helpfull if you posted how or what you did wrong. Which may help other users.
    - Apperantly ? you have been able to find the HMD switch now after reading the FlightManual, making your request for a NEW GAUGE obsolete.

If you read through page 5/6 (upto this post) of this thread, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Kind regards,

Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob,
    I've taken the liberty of sending you a PM.

Regards

Seahawk you still have not answered me.

Did the numlock key enable you to use the controls for the nacelles?

Cheers Chris

NUMLock was correct so no effect.

I changed button assignments. Intermittent results.

Then I got flights with different nacelle settings.
    Editing those I was able to change repaints without a complete reset.

Now I can fly and continue to work on my issues.
    No magic solution, yet.

Tony,
    Don't mean to horn in on your issues, but for me, I used that first suggestion in the manual "PART VIII: Miscellaneous Remarks and SIM controls" - AileronTrim Left (Ctrl + Num4) and AIleron Trim Right
    (Ctrl + Right) with the Numlock key on and am able to raise/lower the nacelles. Now, the other alternative suggestion from the manual was Alternatively, you can control the nacelles with a free controller
    axis lever or thumb wheel axis, assigned to the FS "Spoiler Axis" function. I'm not sure what that alternative thumb wheel axis is all about but the aileron trim commands work for me, at least in P3D V3.
    Hope you get your issues ironed out.
    Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post

No magic solution, yet.
    Last edited by gray eagle; January 18th, 2018 at 12:54.

Quote Originally Posted by kdl View Post
    @Josh

I completely reorganized my Bell MV-22 Osprey installation and now all textures are displayed, thank you.
    I used your new textures.

Dieter
    Oh thats great to hear! I still dont know what the issue was. But it may have something to do with the texture.af folder.
    In release 2, the CV-22 texture used the folder "texture", which also included all of the other files that the other textures reverted to (like VC and lighting textures). In release 3.0, the CV-22 textures were separated into the new texture.af folder, while the other files that all of the other repaints used were kept in the texture folder. Now im not sure what exactly the issue was, but v2 of the Texture Package didnt correct for this when it installed textures and [fltsim] entries. I believe the cause may have lied somewhere in there.

If anyone else would like to try the v3 texture package, download from this link, and let me know if the textures do not show up in your P3D or FSX.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x_...kE4AzqKtrG6oin

No magic solution, yet.
    This probably doesnt contribute to your issue specifically, But in the Key/button assignment settings, ensure the repeat slider is halfway. I would say put the slider at max, but during my testing in multiplayer, this makes the nacelles very glitchy to other players who have the MV-22

MFD Screen

I am enjoying flying this aircraft and at first, found it a bit over whelming but taking little steps towards understanding how it functions, we'll get there.
    I do have on minor issue and that is with the MFD screen displaying GPS info. I wish that the map had just a little clearer lettering on those airports and
    the red lettered navigation points crowd out the blue airport stations, to where it's hard to make out or separate the two or not have them superimposed over
    each other. I'm tempted to add my own GPS and assign it to a windows key for clarity of map detail. Other then that, I'm enjoying the challenge of getting this
    aircraft started up and either VTOL or STOL takeoff.

Navy Ospery will be called CMV-22B

Looks like the Navy is buying into the V-22 to replace the C-2A COD.

https://news.usni.org/2016/02/05/navys-osprey-will-be-called-cmv-22b-procurement-to-begin-in-fy-2018

look like it combine opportunity of CV-22 and MV-22. I can see on extended range fuel system, which is CV-22 have more fuel on board than MV-22. CV-22 have more air force stuff (which mean it heavier), while MV-22 have less stuff but strengthened to deal in combat.
    Maryadi

Hi Rob,
    I've taken the liberty of sending you a PM.

Regards
    ... To which I just replied in a PM ..
    I hope this gets "the cold out of the air" (if that's the correct expression in English).

Regards, Rob

If anyone detects this little "bug" ....:

"The fadec errors displayed on the center CDU-EICAS panel is correct when the engines are not running, but if you turn the left one off when the engine is running you get an error displayed for the right and vice versa."
    I.o.w.: it gives a FADEC warning for the wrong (left/right) engine.

@Maryadi: very minor and simple issue to solve if you ever build a new version of the dll ..LoL

Rob

... To which I just replied in a PM ..
    I hope this gets "the cold out of the air" (if that's the correct expression in English).

Regards, Rob
    No more cold air here...

Regards,
    Tony

If anyone detects this little "bug" ....:

"The fadec errors displayed on the center CDU-EICAS panel is correct when the engines are not running, but if you turn the left one off when the engine is running you get an error displayed for the right and vice versa."
    I.o.w.: it gives a FADEC warning for the wrong (left/right) engine.

@Maryadi: very minor and simple issue to solve if you ever build a new version of the dll ..LoL

Rob

yes Rob, still being gathering every issue.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post
    This probably doesnt contribute to your issue specifically, But in the Key/button assignment settings, ensure the repeat slider is halfway. I would say put the slider at max, but during my testing in multiplayer, this makes the nacelles very glitchy to other players who have the MV-22
    Hi Josh,

Yes, good advice.
    This whole issue on controlling the nacelles via keyboard keys / controller buttons is a trade-off between:
    - What's possible using a "proxy" function like AileronTrim and/or SpoilerAxis (to control a FS-unknown feature like nacelles tilting).
    - Work around the FS-limitations of transferring such specific aircraft configuration data in SharedCockpit and MultiPlayer.
    - Combined with the realism of implementing a maximum on nacelles-angle change speed.

Best regards, Rob

Little off topic from the flight sim world, can anyone tell me why the MV-22 makes a Darth Vader breathing noise when its shutdown? Is it the apu?

If so, would anyone know if FSX/p3d supports external apu sounds (as in you can hear it from outside, and not just VC)? haha

LIGHTING MV-22B_v2.0
    my Sytem :
    FSX / WIN-7 / 64bit

Process / Vorgehensweise

Sequence / Reihenfolge

1.) CDU
    2.) LTS
    3.) Master CTRL / than appropriate settings / dann entsprechende Einstellungen

Ulrich-Richard

What a fabulous freeware creation, many thanks to all who made this possible. Just performed my
    first flight in FSX-A with no problems and just by using info from this thread. I'll delve into the
    impressive manual when time allows to really do this fine bird justice.

One thing, on my aging system I get a dramatic fps hit when in VC view. External views always show
    a (locked) 30fps but in VC I frequently drop under 20.

Any tips or tricks to optimize VC performance? I realize there's a lot of glass in the cockpit and no
    doubt this contributes to the phenomenon; can any of the displays be adjusted, turned off, changed
    to other pages, that may yield meaningful performance increases?

My fsx is already pretty much tweaked to it's maximum finely tuned potential, over the course of many years.

Got the paint kit 2.0. there is more detail in this paint kit than in the 1st. More shadows etc, Letourne (hope I spelled that right), added some other details in his repaints that I have transferred to this new paint kit that really give it attention to detail. Im adding some stains etc although not as dirty as my 1st repaints . Here is the 1st to be finished .

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Got the paint kit 2.0. there is more detail in this paint kit than in the 1st. More shadows etc, Letourne (hope I spelled that right), added some other details in his repaints that I have transferred to this new paint kit that really give it attention to detail. Im adding some stains etc although not as dirty as my 1st repaints . Here is the 1st to be finished .

Bill
    Some stains much appreciated! Like flying these Ospreys like they're in the Fleet, not from the factory!

A big thank you to all involved in this project. Great model and great time flying it. Im running FSX accel windows 7 pro and have had 0 problems at this time
    again Thank you for all your hard work

Bill

I like this one, where can I find it? Looks like a Navy Plane. Don't think Navy has any V-22's officiously commissioned, I know they want to buy into the program.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich-Richard View Post
    The last Samurai

salutations , greetings , Gruesse

Ulrich-Richard

that's one on my orig ones Gray Eagle, it has some anomalies from the 1st paint kit, im redoing all of my repaints with the new paint kit , that one included .

Bill

P.S. I just need a little time lol

Hello Maryadi or Rob,

I have just installed your marvellous Rel. 2.0 of the MV-22 and it looks lovely! I'm running it in P3D v. 3.4.18 and all is well: the engines start and the nacelles rotate, etc.

I have one question though. In Rel. 1.0, I was able to have the PFD and the Map showing up as 2D windows in the Spot view, which I found useful (if Un-prototypical!), especially when hovering to pick up a load.

The additions I made to Panel.cfg (and put on the forum at the time) were as follows:-

[Window Titles]
    Window00=PFD/MFD 1
    Window01=MAP
    ... etc.

// PFD FOR EXTERNAL VIEWS

[Window00]
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    window_pos= 0,0.07
    Type=SPECIAL

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1

//--------------------------------------------------------

// MAP FOR EXTERNAL VIEWS

[Window01]
    Background_color=0,0,0
    size_mm=512,512
    window_size= 256,256
    Type=SPECIAL

gauge01=mv-22b!peta, 420, 158, 92, 160

- and they worked well.

But in Re.2.0, neither of them work. I did add Mar_MV22B.dll to the Panel folder, but the best I could do was the produce a black rectangular window where the PFD should be.

Is there a reason for this change of behaviour - preferably one that I could find a workaround for?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    I have one question though. In Rel. 1.0, I was able to have the PFD and the Map showing up as 2D windows in the Spot view, which I found useful (if Un-prototypical!), especially when hovering to pick up a load.

gauge00=Mar_MV22B!mar_pfd, 0, 0, 512, 512 ,1
    dll gauge change name by adding "_32" or "_64":
    Mar_MV22B_32.dll
    Mar_MV22B_64.dll

which is dll gauge you being use the name must correct.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post

Bill
    thanks to youtube guys that give tutorial about Ambient Occlusion (AO), it bit pain full when setting up to get right AO(as I already mapping it), but it worth with what I get.
    Maryadi

Members who have read this thread: 5