Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 26
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 161819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

CMV-22 Paints anyone?

Out of curiosity, would any one want a fictional (futuristic? considering it is replacing the C-2A C.O.D. role) paint of the CMV-22 Osprey? Im considering doing like a CAG and a low vis...

This one looks like a slightly different paint job, with wavy white paint underneath:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 307399-03_cmv-22b_pair_uss-gh-bush_-1024x635.jpg   CMV-22B-2018.jpg.8670786.jpg   Dag2p6pVAAAbj6u.jpg   29717623_564557120594663_5913360936487354368_n.jpg  
    Last edited by Josh/Heater; August 27th, 2018 at 12:56. Reason: added images

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post
    Out of curiosity, would any one want a fictional (futuristic? considering it is replacing the C-2A C.O.D. role) paint of the CMV-22 Osprey? Im considering doing like a CAG and a low vis...

This one looks like a slightly different paint job, with wavy white paint underneath:
    Please do one. Thanks.

Yeah,I think that would be very cool to add that repaint.

Please do man, it would not go amiss in the old sim

Hello,

-Yes!
    It's beautiful!

Alain

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post

Yes please !!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fsx 2018-08-16 12-08-00-21.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	63239

Awesome addon considering it is free

Thank you!
    Intel i5-2500K - Zotac GTX 750 Ti - 4GB G-Skills - Gigabyte B75M - Simbada 500 W PSU - 17' LED

untuk meyakinkan bahwa bagus itu tidak perlu mahal.

to proved that good stuff is not always expensive.
    Maryadi

Hi Maryadi,

just wanted to check whether you're still working on the tanker version?
    https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...jwbuhcqre7.jpg

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Maryadi,

just wanted to check whether you're still working on the tanker version?
    https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...jwbuhcqre7.jpg

Best regards,

Seawing
    for fun: yes,
    for another things? it something not worth to do, since the fuel transfer only could filled around half of internal fuel tank in a F-18 Hornet (I forgot where I read the source info)
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    for fun: yes,
    for another things? it something not worth to do, since the fuel transfer only could filled around half of internal fuel tank in a F-18 Hornet (I forgot where I read the source info)
    Are you sure that wasn't just the demonstrator - just looking at the payload capacities of the V-22? And the main receivers would be AV-8Bs and F-35Bs anyway.

Well, I guess for the fun in FSX/P3D it would be great to have it anyway!!

Best regards,

Seawing

Are you sure that wasn't just the demonstrator - just looking at the payload capacities of the V-22? And the main receivers would be AV-8Bs and F-35Bs anyway.

Best regards,

Seawing
    I read on-line articles about a possible contract for a MV22B tanker version.

But I really wonder if this isn't wishfull thinking, because the payload capabilities of a V22 would just be sufficient to provide only or two receiver aircraft (like a Harrier or F-35B) with fuel.
    And since such receivers have VTOL capabilities themselves, what would be the added value of in-air refuelling from a V22 tanker aircraft ??? I don't understand what the added value would be ….

Rob

Best regards,

Seawing
    let say, tanker version as less priority to do.
    Maryadi

Rob, maybe the V22 could start together with the other STOL/VTOL aircraft from the same base/ship, thus extending their operational range. With two refuels (one outbound and one inbound) even tripling their range.
    And even if every V22 can only refuel one or two other aircraft, you can use multiple V22 if you need more.

Well, Rob, it is actually pretty easy.
    The V-22s are rather big aircraft for this tanker role. Previous aircraft have been S-3s and KA-6s. And think of all the other body-body-refuelers, like Tornados, F-18s, or even Etendards. From a military perspective all that makes a lot of sense and is regarded with the highest priority! You can loose a lot of airplanes, if you don't have those tankers airborne in time when you need them. I can tell you from my flying time in Naval Aviation that the whole base would go haywire if the tankers seemed not to be airborne in time.
    Body-body-refueling is not normally used to allow for long-range missions as such, but rather to help other fighters get out or - probably even more important - to get back home.

Take the MV-22, it can take-off from carriers that previously had no refueling capability at all. AV-8B cannot do body-body-refueling themselves (that apparently changed with the F-35, but it is a question whether you can spare a high value strike asset to play the tanker role) and they have a limited take-off weight when flying off a deck. They also use a lot of fuel for take-off and climb. So it makes a lot of sense to top them up, before they begin their mission.

And, of course, it is a great reassurance when you come home with your jet and you quite literary run on fumes, to be able to top off again before attempting to land on a pitching deck under quite challenging weather and sea conditions. Mind you that military fast jets don't plan flights like civil airliners with alternates, holding fuel and extra contingencies. They regularly reach Bingo fuel. And if you do that on a angle-deck carrier, you might not be able to catch a wire. Can you see the stress building, not getting the trap, now getting really low on fuel, no alternate to divert to, being faced with the decision to try one last time and then eject, if it doesn't work? And then you throw away a multi-million-dollar fighter and you only have so many of them. And for the Harriers and F-35Bs, hovering or vertical landing uses a lot of fuel again.

That's why you want tankers around. All major carriers always have tankers airborne when they are in recovery operations. There is simply no need to completely fill up fighters when they are empty, but just to give them the extra miles they need to get safely home. Best, obviously, if you don't have to use one of your fighters for it, but a transport - not involved in the attack mission - could do it.

So, it would be great if we could get the tanker in the next release. For the military (both Navy and Marines here) it is a very valuable modifcation to an already very versatile aircraft!

Best regards,

Seawing

The STOW animations are impressive and it makes really fun to fly! Many thanks for all the work!

The V-22s are rather big aircraft for this tanker role. Previous aircraft have been S-3s and KA-6s. And think of all the other body-body-refuelers, like Tornados, F-18s, or even Etendards.
    I disagree.
    The CV-22 would a near ideal fueling source for slow-moving, long-duration flights performed by ACC and AFSOC HH-60 and JSOC MH-60 and MH-47s. All of these a/c are capable of inflight refueling but are typically low priority for tanker time especially when down-range (unless involved with HVT's or high profile missions).
    An additional refueling asset has been much needed for some time and I know for a fact that a pallet-based roll-on/roll-off tank (much like Benson tanks on our HH-130's) are being seriously considered in limited quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by CSARmedic View Post
    I disagree.
    The CV-22 would a near ideal fueling source for slow-moving, long-duration flights performed by ACC and AFSOC HH-60 and JSOC MH-60 and MH-47s. All of these a/c are capable of inflight refueling but are typically low priority for tanker time especially when down-range (unless involved with HVT's or high profile missions).
    An additional refueling asset has been much needed for some time and I know for a fact that a pallet-based roll-on/roll-off tank (much like Benson tanks on our HH-130's) are being seriously considered in limited quantities.

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying.

Best regards,

Seawing

If anyone is interested in additional views! These views are not fixed, so they can be moved in the viewing direction!
    The positions are the Loadmaster seat, Passenger seat and Ramp (sitting)!

Code:
    [CameraDefinition.30]
    Title = "Loadmaster seat"
    Guid={eefda2fc-feff-4491-97ef-a50c6b400798}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= -0.6, 0.2,-1.4
    InitialPbh= 10.0, 0.0, 5.0

[CameraDefinition.31]
    Title = "Passenger seat"
    Guid={50e71730-e4c2-4178-86a1-9286cd969029}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= 0.2,-0.2,-5.8
    InitialPbh= 10.0, 0.0, 190.0

[CameraDefinition.32]
    Title = "Ramp"
    Guid={9677a397-32d0-4019-8b6f-339f8f53b512}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz= -1.0, -0.7,-8.0
    InitialPbh= 10.0, 0.0, 180.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    If anyone is interested in additional views! These views are not fixed, so they can be moved in the viewing direction!
    The positions are the Loadmaster seat, Passenger seat and Ramp (sitting)!
    Hi,
    Just tried them. and thanks for the contribution !!

But if I may make a comment (and that's just my personal opinion):
    I don't like Zoom factors inside the VC anything less then 0.6, because they give a rather distorted picture.

Like the (default) 0.4 in the Ramp view.
    If you would shift the default eyepoint back (so forward in the cabin) and use a default zoom of 0.6, the view looks much better if you open/close the door/ramp.

I know, it's a matter of opinion; besides the view settings can be changed manually (position, zoom).
    It's just a remark on the default settings you chose.
    Please forgive me ….

Best regards, Rob

No prob Rob and again thanks for your work!
    For others who have the same opinion, change in all 3 Cam sections for the default zoom:

InitialZoom = 0.6

And in the "Ramp" section take these values for the new default eyepoint position:

InitialXyz= -1.0, -0.7,-7.0

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    No prob Rob and again thanks for your work!
    For others who have the same opinion, change in all 3 Cam sections for the default zoom:

InitialZoom = 0.6

And in the "Ramp" section take these values for the new default eyepoint position:

InitialXyz= -1.0, -0.7,-7.0
    Looks much better IMO ...
    Thanks for the update !!

Rob

Hi Maryadi,

any update on the VARS version?
    https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-n...ests-next-year

Best regards,

Seawing

Hello,

last week I asked Maryadi per Mail and he answered "please feel free to make it public".
    After this friendly answer I do that now.

Based on the Paintkit, I repaint this nice plane to a Canadien Rescue variant.
    If someone wants to use it:

A photo:
    https://imgur.com/bCPfPrz

A video from a fly simulation friend:
    https://youtu.be/PpMsDYIM-Nk

The texture downloadlink:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Dn...ew?usp=sharing

Best Regards and have Fun
    Matze

I've tried every switch in the cockpit that pertains to lighting, can't turn on the beacon, navs, or strobes. What am I doing wrong?

Members who have read this thread: 5