Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 3
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    The APU switch is not to responsive to my mouse. I see a hand over the switch and left click on it and usually nothing happens (no movement) I usually get lucky and the knob will rotate
    a little only once did it rotate to full on. I thought that APU switch was controlled with a left click and it would rotate in increments. I have to really fiddle with it to get it to move and not
    always will it rotate. Getting it to the run setting is a bit of a hassle for me. Seems non responsive to left mouse clicks most of the time. Is there a specific hot zone/spot where to place the hand on my mouse cursor?
    I place it on the center of the knob and left click and nothing.

Currently almost all switches and knobs only support scroll-wheeling, unlike Rel1.0. This would include MFD brightness knob and APU

The engines will (sometimes) shutdown during flight, I find that the throttle control levers have move to off and I have to reset them.

It sounds like you overloaded the engines. You normally NEVER want to put the TCL (thrust control lever/aka throttle) to full 100%. This model simulates engine overload and the engines will become “damaged" and shutdown.
    With engines stated, push your tcl to full, and you will notice th MASTER/ALERT light is illuminated, as well as on the EICAS you will notice that the Ng is near or in the red. When I push up the TCL, ive made it a habit of mine to watch the MASTER/ALERT light when it lights up, after which ill slowly pull back the TCL until it is no longer on.

Maryadi has implemented this feature in a way where it takes about a minute or so before the engines shutoff from overload. In the REAL Osprey, it takes a mere 3-5 seconds of being in the red before engines are seriously damaged!

Litltle question : has somebody managed to switch on the rotors blades tips lights?
    The control panel is rear far left side of the overhead panel but it seems that it doesn't work...
    The more you do, the less you dream

Icon14

@"...Mr Zippy / 2018-01-13 / 22:15h .."
    Thank you very much .
    The mouse-wheel , small cause, big effect :

Ulrich-Richard

Still having issues with the mouse rotating that APU switch to the ON position. I left click on the APU knob, and it doesn't do anything. I have a mouse with a scroll wheel.

Edit: Issued solved. I failed to rotate the scroll wheel to make the APU switch rotate - kept pushing on the wheel - no wonder the APU switch wouldn't move.

Still having issues with the mouse rotating that APU switch to the ON position. I left click on the APU knob, and it doesn't do anything. I have a mouse with a scroll wheel.
    As I said before, most knobs only work by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Left click and dragging does not work on the APU.

You must hover your mouse over the APU Knob and use the middle scroll wheel (without clicking it in i might add) to turn the knob to the RUN/ENGAGE position.

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Litltle question : has somebody managed to switch on the rotors blades tips lights?
    Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    The control panel is rear far left side of the overhead panel but it seems that it doesn't work...

Yessir,
    Just in case you weren't aware, there are two switches in the left overhead panel that turn on the blade tip lights.
    Looking backwards towards them, the one on the right, is like the "master switch". Left click that to get it into NORMAL position.
    The switch on the left is a three way switch; TOP-OFF-BOTTOM. By default, this is in the OFF position. Move the switch into either TOP or BOTTOM, depending on what side you want the blade tip lights to show.

In case somebody still misses it:

From the FlightManual:

""
    3.5 Mouse clickspots.
    Mouse Clickspots in the VC depend on the clickspot type.
    In general:
    - Buttons are operated with a Left Mouse click.
    - Selectors (like: AP AltitudeSelector), multi-position switches (like: APU) and levers (like: Starter levers) are operated with the MouseWheel.
    ""

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by wltaylor View Post
    Figured it out seems have to be above 200 kns to 0 rotor tilt.
    Not quite correct ...

First, since you operate the Nacelles with a Spoiler Axis:
    See Part VIII, item-4 in the FlightManual.

The SpoilerAxis needs to be properly calibrated.
    Meaning:
    It reaches full range between 0 and 100%.
    - Calibrate the axis first in Windows.
    - In the FSX/P3D menu (Options-Controls) set the Sensitivity of the axis to MAX, and add a small Nullzone if needed.

To test if it's properly calibrated:
    - Shut down the engines on the ground, and wait until the proprotors have stopped rotating.
    - Observe the value of the nacelles indicator in an MFD (PFD screen, top/left).
    - When moving your SPoilerAxis lever over the full range, the nacelles angle should go from 0 to 97 v.v.
    - If not: the axis is NOT calibrated properly !!

As to the min. airspeed needed to rotate the nacelles to 0 (APLN mode) in the air:
    That depends if the AutoNacelles button is On or Not (Default: ON)
    See section 6.1.3.1.14 of the FlightManual.
    - When OFF: you can freely set the nacelles to 0 (or any other value) at ANY airspeed (when in the air).

- When ON ("ACT"): the nacelles are limited within the range specified in the fig. at page 26 of the FM.
    Meaning that:
    oo below 100 Knots airspeed, you cannot command the nacelles to 0 degrees.
    oo above 200 Knots airspeed, the nacelles are forced to 0 degrees (APLN mode)
    These actual limits are also visualised in the nacelles indicator ; see section 6.1.1.1, bullet "nacelles indicator".

Just another example how detailed this aircraft is modelled according to real-world specs.
    And if you allow me to add (again) : why it's so important to properly read and understand the FlightManual, before flying this MV22B simulation and fully enjoy flying it.

Rob

For new readers in this thread .....

The MV22B Rel2 package now is available in the SOH Warbirds library too.
    Section Prepar 3D / P4D Addons.
    (one package for FSX, and all P3D versions)

Rob

I am one of those new readers of this thread, and downloaded this gem from the SOH site.

I also enjoyed reading this thread from the first post all the way through the one before this post.

This certainly is taking me to a totally different flight sim experience. I know it will be a steep learning curve. YES, I will "Read TFM", lol. Even though I am, like any man, used to "just dive in" to come to the conclusion that reading the manual will help getting to grips with any new "toy", or explain why something is not working the way I thought it would.

But at least I will not blame it on the product, but always say: "the issue is between the keyboard/mouse and the chair". This ends up being true most of the time.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Maryadi, Rob and anyone else involved in this project for all their efforts in bringing this beautiful rendition to the flight sim community.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post
    As I said before, most knobs only work by using the scroll wheel on your mouse. Left click and dragging does not work on the APU.

You must hover your mouse over the APU Knob and use the middle scroll wheel (without clicking it in i might add) to turn the knob to the RUN/ENGAGE position.

Yessir,
    Just in case you weren't aware, there are two switches in the left overhead panel that turn on the blade tip lights.
    Looking backwards towards them, the one on the right, is like the "master switch". Left click that to get it into NORMAL position.
    The switch on the left is a three way switch; TOP-OFF-BOTTOM. By default, this is in the OFF position. Move the switch into either TOP or BOTTOM, depending on what side you want the blade tip lights to show.
    My issue was not about moving the switches but after having
    placed them in the position stated by the manual there were NO
    lights effect in the external view. (Yes the battery switch is ON).
    Also formation lights commanded from the EICAS LTS page
    don't appear in external view.
    (Effect files correctly installed in the effect folder).
    (FSX Gold - Windows 7 - 64 bit)

beside the light issue, is other animation, button light, PFD/MFD,CDU works? I just want make sure that dll gauge working.
    you can give screenshot if you want
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    beside the light issue, is other animation, button light, PFD/MFD,CDU works? I just want make sure that dll gauge working.
    you can give screenshot if you want
    Hello!
    I'd have to further check but now I'm out of home...
    ASAP I'll do it. THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I am one of those new readers of this thread, and downloaded this gem from the SOH site.

I also enjoyed reading this thread from the first post all the way through the one before this post.

This certainly is taking me to a totally different flight sim experience. I know it will be a steep learning curve. YES, I will "Read TFM", lol. Even though I am, like any man, used to "just dive in" to come to the conclusion that reading the manual will help getting to grips with any new "toy", or explain why something is not working the way I thought it would.

But at least I will not blame it on the product, but always say: "the issue is between the keyboard/mouse and the chair". This ends up being true most of the time.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Maryadi, Rob and anyone else involved in this project for all their efforts in bringing this beautiful rendition to the flight sim community.
    Thanks for putting things into perspective ...
    Cheers, Rob

Can you advise which key on the keyboard is the "TAB" key so I can change the values on the EICAS?

Thank you,
    Reggie

Manfred, you have a way with words! I say that most of my problems are caused by the "Loose Nut Behind the Wheel".

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieC View Post
    Can you advise which key on the keyboard is the "TAB" key so I can change the values on the EICAS?

Thank you,
    Reggie
    It should be just above the Caps Lock key.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails index.jpeg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I was looking for it on the FMC panel on the center console of the aircraft.

Thanks,
    Reggie

just push and hold TAB key, still holding it, push any other key, a character will show up in EICAS.
    Maryadi

Autopilot

Thanks Rob for the note on autopilot. I appreciate it. Went in and recalibrated axis and works fine now.

Bill

With the APU on, and the CDU & MFD switch ON there are no CRT displays. See red arrows. What did I miss? It is hit and miss with these displays screens
    (display/no display)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh/Heater View Post

Yessir,
    I had to use some keys to pan up to find those switches. In a normal overhead view, these switches are not visible within the screen parameters. I have to manipulate some key to move the overhead
    view to where those switches are visible.

I am finding that the switches knobs and levers are functioning fine, if not slowly due to my computer specs. The mouse scroll wheel works way better than trying to use the mouse click and drag method. Yeah, like grey eagle describes, you kinda have to stand on your head and look upside down to find the proptip light switches, but no big deal. Looks great in the outside view.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Proptip lights.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

With the APU on, and the CDU & MFD switch ON there are no CRT displays. See red arrows. What did I miss? It is hit and miss with these displays screens
    (display/no display)
    According to your picture, Avionics does not seem to been ON (center button just above StarterLevers)

Don't give up ... you'll get it in the end ...LoL

Cheers,
    Rob

Yes, the lights do work fine. My point ^ was to make known that on my rig those prop rotor light switches were not within the normal overhead view I saw on my screen. I had to scan upwards to find them.

Obviously, I found the prop rotor light switches

This is my normal overhead view -

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    According to your picture, Avionics does not seem to been ON (center button just above StarterLevers)

Don't give up ... you'll get it in the end ...LoL

Cheers,
    Rob
    Thanks for the help. Slowly, but surely, I am learning where all the bells and switches are. This is one nice and cleverly put together addon
    A bit of a challenge and sometimes overwhelming, but as I learn how to operate it, I like it more and more.

Members who have read this thread: 4