Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 22
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    which switches?
    not all switches are included in saving system. I'll include it on next update.
    Maryadi, The 'Switches' I mean are the three in the 'Engine Control' section at the bottom of the Overhead panel.
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Maryadi, The 'Switches' I mean are the three in the 'Engine Control' section at the bottom of the Overhead panel.
    ah... the master avionic and engine 1/2 generator?
    it will not included in saving system, but it will read engine status (running or not running).
    Maryadi

Bill, those new paints look amazing. Thanks from an inactive Marine!

Mark, yes, that is the correct procedure.
    I just turn all my AI off and leave it that way, if I'm going to be making any changes, or reloading the bird for any reason. By the way, you can find the SDK I use here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx . Yes, it's the ESP SDK, but I've found it is accurate for FSX:SE, at least. I can't speak for any other sim, as that's my main install.

One note: there IS an SDK usable by FSX:SE. There isn't much of an SDK included with SE, unlike the FSX Boxed version, but you can download and install the P3D v3.14 SDK and it functions nicely in SE, if you want an actual SDK you can call from within the Sim, as is necessary for certain functions. There is a fair amount of information on how-to, where, why, and so on, over on the FSDveloper forum site. The link I provided is information only, but it does have numerous links to the various SDK executables needed for performing any of the function an SDK provides. You can dig them up as you go, and download install them, or you can DL the P3D SDK I mentioned and install it. You will have to make the entries in your DLL.xml, and EXE.xml to get in working properly in the sim.

Just so you know, there is a key combo available for "Reload User Aircraft", but it's not assigned by default. I assigned a button on my joystick to it, as I do make changes to various .cfg files, and then test them as I go, and having such a button simplifies things a lot.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks Pat , Semper Fi Brother , I realized this am that I used the wrong Fonts on the lettering and numbers for ALL the repaints . I used Amarillo Font and it should have been US Navy Font . So I am changing them all today. Got most of them done but have a couple more to finish . They just didn't look right and now I know why. . Im not sure how to update those repaints in the Library ? maybe admin can PM me with how to do that . Believe it or not they actually look better with the proper Fonts .

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Thanks Pat , Semper Fi Brother , I realized this am that I used the wrong Fonts on the lettering and numbers for ALL the repaints . I used Amarillo Font and it should have been US Navy Font . So I am changing them all today. Got most of them done but have a couple more to finish . They just didn't look right and now I know why. . Im not sure how to update those repaints in the Library ? maybe admin can PM me with how to do that . Believe it or not they actually look better with the proper Fonts .

Bill
    Maybe Bill you could just make one mega-package since it seems only you are doing aftermarket repaints. Just a suggestion...

THANK YOU for all your hard work on this Osprey!

JoseFk that is what I was thinking . I just hate to have all these other repaints taking up space here in the Library especially if the ones in the library are all wrong . Ill get in touch with Admin and see what they suggest . Like I said I think the Repaints that I am redoing look better than the old ones But that's just me

Bill

JoseFk that is what I was thinking . I just hate to have all these other repaints taking up space here in the Library especially if the ones in the library are all wrong . Ill get in touch with Admin and see what they suggest . Like I said I think the Repaints that I am redoing look better than the old ones But that's just me

Bill
    Thanks Bill. :-)

finished it tonight. Ill upload tomorrow

Bill
    Oh that looks fantastic, a download for sure! A very good friend flew the 46 for VMM-166 in Iraq.

I was lucky enough to visit Miramar with him a few years ago as his good friend was still in the Marine Corp and then the Sqn Commander, he secured us both a ride in the sim which was fantastic. "007" was in the Hangar at the time, I believe they had just painted the Bond graphic on the aircraft.

Keep up the great work! I must admit this aircraft in my opinion is possibly one the best pieces of freeware ever uploaded.

Best,

Fras

Fras , I could not agree more . I love painting and adding little details to this bird . Maryadi and Rcbarend have done an outstanding job . Really fun to fly and very unique . Wish I had these in the Corps when I was in .

Bill

Hey, Bill,
    Thanks for doing that update, I have beating my pitiful little brain out trying to figure out what was wrong with those paint. Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic, there is something just a little...off about them. NOW I know what
    Semper Fi, and OOOhRah!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

And this one too
    Thank you for your efforts man, she looks amazing.

ah... the master avionic and engine 1/2 generator?
    it will not included in saving system, but it will read engine status (running or not running).
    Maryadi,

Yes, "the master avionic and engine 1/2 generator" is what I meant. I got the name wrong because I can't decrease the size of the Overhead panel enough to see the names between the indicators and the engine control levers. Is there some way of decreasing this panel size to less than this?

See image:-

<- Bottom of screen when fully minimized

Other results of trying to reload a saved Flight/Scenario are that the PFDs and MFDs, etc. are turned off and can only be turned on after the Master Avionic indicator has been clicked. Also the Lighting and Primary Lighting switches are turned off. Is this normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overhead Panel [part].JPG  
    Cheers,

Mark

Icon23

Originally Posted by PhantomTweak

Bill, those new paints look amazing. Thanks from an inactive Marine!

Mark, yes, that is the correct procedure.
    I just turn all my AI off and leave it that way, if I'm going to be making any changes, or reloading the bird for any reason. By the way, you can find the SDK I use here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx . Yes, it's the ESP SDK, but I've found it is accurate for FSX:SE, at least. I can't speak for any other sim, as that's my main install.

One note: there IS an SDK usable by FSX:SE. There isn't much of an SDK included with SE, unlike the FSX Boxed version, but you can download and install the P3D v3.14 SDK and it functions nicely in SE, if you want an actual SDK you can call from within the Sim, as is necessary for certain functions. There is a fair amount of information on how-to, where, why, and so on, over on the FSDveloper forum site. The link I provided is information only, but it does have numerous links to the various SDK executables needed for performing any of the function an SDK provides. You can dig them up as you go, and download install them, or you can DL the P3D SDK I mentioned and install it. You will have to make the entries in your DLL.xml, and EXE.xml to get in working properly in the sim.

Just so you know, there is a key combo available for "Reload User Aircraft", but it's not assigned by default. I assigned a button on my joystick to it, as I do make changes to various .cfg files, and then test them as I go, and having such a button simplifies things a lot.

Hope this helps a little...
    Pat☺

Hi Pat,

I've turned off the AI for everything (even though the MV-22 isn't one of the AI aircraft) but still the saved Flights/Scenarios are not the same as they were when saved.

I've had a look at the SDK and it's interesting (and loong!). It says this, "Turn off AI Traffic. AI traffic aircraft are maintained in the cache and even if you update the aircraft you are currently piloting, if the same aircraft is being used by AI traffic, then your cache won’t get updated automatically by simply reloading the plane. So to ensure your aircraft is reloaded from disk, you must also go to the Settings Screen, choose Traffic, and set the Air Traffic Density slider all the way to the left to 0%."

So it doesn't mention any AI besides 'Air Traffic Density'. BTW, what does ESP mean? Surely not Extra-Sensory Perception!

I'll see if I have a spare joystick button to assign for "Reload User Aircraft". As you say, could be useful... Nope they're all assigned on the P3D 'Buttons and Keys'.

Thanks anyway for answering my query.
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Maryadi,

Yes, "the master avionic and engine 1/2 generator" is what I meant. I got the name wrong because I can't decrease the size of the Overhead panel enough to see the names between the indicators and the engine control levers. Is there some way of decreasing this panel size to less than this?

Other results of trying to reload a saved Flight/Scenario are that the PFDs and MFDs, etc. are turned off and can only be turned on after the Master Avionic indicator has been clicked. Also the Lighting and Primary Lighting switches are turned off. Is this normal?
    it's ok, I see what you mean.
    it normal to have master avionic on to power up system. Master avionic is gather all electricity and send to system, source would be battery or APU or engine generator. other source could be GPU that not simulated yet, still finding what GPU for this Osprey. not found yet a single picture while osprey using GPU.

for lighting and Primary lighting is not yet implement, it have different method from present cockpit lighting system and still not sure with the method.
    Maryadi

Bill
    Maybe just upload those files that have the lettering changed and add ver or change 1 before the zip name or, if you upload all the ones you previously did. (change out the old ones with the new
    ones) and affix a correction or some such to the name of each paint that you are correcting. Just a thought.
    -Butch

it's ok, I see what you mean.
    it normal to have master avionic on to power up system. Master avionic is gather all electricity and send to system, source would be battery or APU or engine generator. other source could be GPU that not simulated yet, still finding what GPU for this Osprey. not found yet a single picture while osprey using GPU.

for lighting and Primary lighting is not yet implement, it have different method from present cockpit lighting system and still not sure with the method.
    Maryadi,

Sorry,I didn't make myself clear. What I was really asking about was why the Master Avionics are always turned off when reloading a saved Flight, even though the Flight was saved with it turned on?

And, quite annoying, is the problem of being unable to decrease the size of the Overhead panel (and others, too) so that the whole of the Engine levers at the bottom of the panel are completely in view and, at the top of the Overhead, the switches for the Rotor Tip Lights. Is there a fix for this?
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi, Mark!
    As far as your panel view troubles: I don't have P3D, so this is entirely a WAG on my part, but...
    I looked at the 64bit version of the panel.cfg, and the only pop-up panel I aw was the HMD HUD view. Can I presume you meant that when you pan up to the over-head panel, you can't zoom far enough out to see the entire panel at once?
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, as usual. I'm not sure of the P3D zoom commands, but are you using the zoom out key combo for this or...?

Let me know what gives
    We'll get ya squared away, like always
    Pat☺

Edit: Was it when using the different Camera View views that your trouble occurs? About the overhead? In FSX the different camera views are accessed with the A key. Is this where you're encountering trouble?
    THAT I think can be adjusted. I'll take a look and see what I can find for ya
    Pat☺
    Last edited by PhantomTweak; April 15th, 2018 at 22:55. Reason: Added section
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

A bit of info for ya, Mark...

Since we're on an SDK kick, here is the one about Camera Views. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx
    Another long read, but it has all the possible [CameraDefinition.XX] parameters listed, with an explanation of each one. How they can interact as well. Might want to glance over it.

Hope this helps a little.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Icon9

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Hi, Mark!
    As far as your panel view troubles: I don't have P3D, so this is entirely a WAG on my part, but...
    I looked at the 64bit version of the panel.cfg, and the only pop-up panel I saw was the HMD HUD view. Can I presume you meant that when you pan up to the over-head panel, you can't zoom far enough out to see the entire panel at once?
    Correct me if I'm mistaken, as usual. I'm not sure of the P3D zoom commands, but are you using the zoom out key combo for this or...?

Let me know what gives
    We'll get ya squared away, like always
    Pat☺

Edit: Was it when using the different Camera View views that your trouble occurs? About the overhead? In FSX the different camera views are accessed with the A key. Is this where you're encountering trouble?
    THAT I think can be adjusted. I'll take a look and see what I can find for ya
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

I think the panel mechanisms are the same for FSX and P3D (as far as I can tell!). The Zoom commands in P3D are the + and - keys as in FS and these are what I use.

It isn't a case of 'panning up' to the Overhead panel, that's not what I do. I select which panel to display from the A key (and Shift-A to go back, of course). Most views (not all) can be zoomed out far enough but Overhead will not zoom out enough to show the extreme top and bottom, so, at the top, only part of the Rotor Tip Light switches are visible and then only if the Menu Bar is hidden; at the bottom, only the top parts of the Engine control levers and the Fuel Control lever are visible.

I can of course Pan from the Virtual cockpit view (the only view that allows this via the Hat switch on the joystick) but this is very difficult to do because it's so sudden and unpredictable. The best view I can get of the Overhead using this method is horizontal. See:-

- which is, to put it mildly, bl**dy inconvenient!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overhead Panel via Hat Switch.01.jpg  
    Cheers,

Mark

A bit of info for ya, Mark...

Since we're on an SDK kick, here is the one about Camera Views. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx
    Another long read, but it has all the possible [CameraDefinition.XX] parameters listed, with an explanation of each one. How they can interact as well. Might want to glance over it.

Hope this helps a little.
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

I've taken a look at the Camera Definition section of the SDK and can't see anything that applies to my problem.

Here's my section from the Aircraft.cfg:-

[CameraDefinition.6]
    Title = "Overhead"
    Guid = {1485bc7b-ec1a-4e44-943b-f2a199bf550d}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = No
    SnapPbhAdjust = None
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = None
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=-0.58, 0.0, -0.50
    InitialPbh=-57.0, 0, 0 // Orig:-40.0, 0, 0

Not sure why I (?) changed that 'InitialPbh' value or when...

Perhaps you could suggest some alterations?
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi, Mark

I'll look and see what's up. It works fine on my system, the entire panel is visible. I will see what I can see, though. I, honestly, haven't done much messing with the Camera system, but I'lll read through the SDK and see what's up. I suspect it has to do with your default camera views. The one's for the entire sim, but like I said, let me do a little research.

I can of course Pan from the Virtual cockpit view (the only view that allows this via the Hat switch on the joystick) but this is very difficult to do because it's so sudden and unpredictable. The best view I can get of the Overhead using this method is horizontal. See:-
    There's a trick to making that motion smoooooooth, rather than jumpy, and stay where you leave it when you release the hat switch. I just have to remember WHAT it is, and I will! Just give me a little time to look through my settings to find it. Busy day today...

We'll get this. We always do
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Ok, try this.
    In the same folder as your FSX.CFG, there is a file called Camera.cfg. These changes will solve some of your problems. Remember to SAVE the file before editing! Open it with Notepad, as usual.
    Here are the changes you need:
    Code:
    [CameraDefinition.001]Title = Cockpit
    Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
    Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
    Origin = Cockpit
    ShowPanel = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
    SnapPbhReturn = True

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel //Ordinal
    PanPbhReturn = False  //True
    PitchPanRate=8
    PanAcceleratorTime=0

Track = None
    ShowAxis = FrontOnly
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.75
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    HotKeySelect=2
    Note the entries separated from the others. The values following the comment indicators (//) are the original, the values IN the entries are the new values.
    Remember, FSX must be closed, then opened after the changes are made and saved off, for these to take effect.

For the plane's individual [Cameradefinition.NNN] entries:

Code:
    [CameraDefinition.6]Title = "Overhead"
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = No
    SnapPbhAdjust = None
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = None
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
    I would try these:

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel //None
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel //None

This one will need a little experimentation:
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    Try increasing it or deceasing it slightly. Like up to 0.5, or down to 0.3, and see how that works. That should change the size a bit, and you can then adjust it to give you the view you want. To include the Engine levers, and Tip Light switches.

Hope this does what you need. If not, let me know, and we'll try more "stuff"
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Version 2 of the Knightriders
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

And while I was at it I thought I would redo the Dragon that came with V22 Version 2 , Im still working on the updates for the other repaints and adding a few more that I did from V22 version 1 model .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg  

Ok, try this.
    In the same folder as your FSX.CFG, there is a file called Camera.cfg. These changes will solve some of your problems. Remember to SAVE the file before editing! Open it with Notepad, as usual.
    Here are the changes you need:
    Code:
    [CameraDefinition.001]Title = Cockpit
    Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
    Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
    Origin = Cockpit
    ShowPanel = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
    SnapPbhReturn = True

PanPbhAdjust = Swivel //Ordinal
    PanPbhReturn = False  //True
    PitchPanRate=8
    PanAcceleratorTime=0

Track = None
    ShowAxis = FrontOnly
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.75
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    HotKeySelect=2
    Note the entries separated from the others. The values following the comment indicators (//) are the original, the values IN the entries are the new values.
    Remember, FSX must be closed, then opened after the changes are made and saved off, for these to take effect.

For the plane's individual [Cameradefinition.NNN] entries:

Code:
    [CameraDefinition.6]Title = "Overhead"
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = No
    SnapPbhAdjust = None
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = None
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialPbh=-40.0, 0, 0
    I would try these:

SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel //None
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel //None

This one will need a little experimentation:
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    Try increasing it or deceasing it slightly. Like up to 0.5, or down to 0.3, and see how that works. That should change the size a bit, and you can then adjust it to give you the view you want. To include the Engine levers, and Tip Light switches.

Hope this does what you need. If not, let me know, and we'll try more "stuff"
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for all that! I'll tackle it when I have some time to myself - it's a busy week with this & that! - and I'll let you know how it all works out.
    Cheers,

Mark

Members who have read this thread: 5