Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 21
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    And now you know just why what happened, had happened

I seem to recall an earlier post in this thread about getting rid of the v.1 gauges, but naturally, now I can't find it.

Make sure when you install the v.2, that if it asks to over-write anything in the gauges fold you allow it. There's is one gauge that can mess things up, but darned if I can remember which one. That was in the post I mentioned.

Sorry, my little pea-brain isn't more help, but I think we got the most of it fixed up fer ye!

Pat☺
    Pat & Rob,

Thank you both for your explanation of why I WAS getting aircraft from both Rel.1.0 and Rel.2.0. I have now fully deleted the entire folder for Rel. 1.0 and so no longer have the problem.

I think I must have overwritten all the Rel. 1.0 gauges while I was installing Rel. 2.0, as there seem to be no problems associated with them.
    Cheers,

Mark

ILS

Hi,

I am having trouble understanding the routine for capturing the ILS with the MV-22.

I find the Manual difficult to make sense of. I understand that English is not Maryadi's first language and congratulate him on mastering it as well as he does - it must be difficult for a non-anglophone as its syntax and grammar are, shall we say, idiosyncratic! However his descriptions of the ILS system I find confusing...

Can someone please make a concise list of the order in which to perform the sequence of actions to capture the ILS\GS. I have no trouble with this procedure in other FS\P3D aircraft.

Thanks!
    Cheers,

Mark

Next one up after some fine tuning on the colors

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi,

I am having trouble understanding the routine for capturing the ILS with the MV-22.

I find the Manual difficult to make sense of. I understand that English is not Maryadi's first language and congratulate him on mastering it as well as he does - it must be difficult for a non-anglophone as its syntax and grammar are, shall we say, idiosyncratic! However his descriptions of the ILS system I find confusing...

Can someone please make a concise list of the order in which to perform the sequence of actions to capture the ILS\GS. I have no trouble with this procedure in other FS\P3D aircraft.

Thanks!
    Hi again,

Here is what I mean, from the Manual:-

"6.1.3.1.6 APPR. APPR button as to activated navigate approach. this not yet full supported, it has function but still need more configure to make it work. ( developer never test in autoland mode)."

Here are three shots showing the MV-22 on approach to an airport (Canadian Forces base Comox - CYQQ - on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada):-

1. With the aircraft correctly lined up on Rwy 12 about 9 miles out and at 1500 ft MSL. This is a screenshot in Spot View from aft including the PFD. The VOR1/ILS is tuned to 111.700, the ILS frequency for Rwy 12, and you can see that the the runway is visible just below the horizon above the aircraft but the Localiser diamond is well off-centre. The Glide-Slope diamond appears to be centered.

2. This is a screenie from Plan-G showing that the aircraft is indeed on the centreline of the ILS localiser.

3. Here, the MV-22 is almost over the runway but the GS indicator is telling the pilot that the a/c is still on the GS!

I suppose this is explained by Maryadi's remark that "this not yet full supported, it has function but still need more configure to make it work."

So I suppose I should not try to use the ILS until Maryadi has finished configuring it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MV-22 centered on ILS RW 12 at Comox, BC, - P3D Spot view.jpg   MV-22 centered on ILS RW 12 at Comox, BC - Plan-G view.jpg   MV-22 centered on ILS RW 12 at Comox, BC, - P3D Spot view.2.jpg  
    Cheers,

Mark

from what I ever test it, it work. the doesn't work is it can't land with AP active due to VTOL limitation maybe you try in another airport. I'll investigate it.
    Maryadi

checking FSX default airport CYQQ, runway heading and ILS heading is not same. I check using ADE

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clipboard01.jpg   Clipboard02.jpg  
    Maryadi

As far as I can tell, an ILS approach works perfect ... See picture.
    (I'm using my own scenery VOR/ILS here, so I know exactly how it should behave).

What I've done to test:
    - I setup a flight, with the MV22 flying on AutoPilot: Heading set to Localiser heading, NAV1 set to the ILS freq, VOR/ILS button set to 1/NAV, WYPT button set to ARM, Alt set to 2500 ft, Speed set to 150 Knots and Flaps-10.
    With AP buttons CPLD to ACT, HDG Hold ON, SPEED Hold ON, ALT Hold ON, 20 nmiles out.
    - I click the APPR to Act (this is the ILS Hold button in a default AP gauge)
    - HDG Hold goes Off, since the aircraft is in range of the ILS Localiser; so the Localiser has been captured.
    - At 18 nMiles out (DME in the PDF), ALT Hold goes Off: it detects the GlideSlope, but flies well below GlideSlope.
    - At 9 nMiles out, it intercept the GlideSlope: ALT Hold goes Off, and the MV22 starts following the GS.

Works perfect, as I expected it to work.
    See Needles, Diamonds, etc. in the picture.
    Of course it doesn't Autoland, since that's not implemented; but all Needles (Localiser/ GlideSlope) and GS interception / GS following works as it should.

Meaning the ILS approach is implemented and works properly.

That said:
    I don't think a real MV22 will ever do an ILS approach/landing this way, because it can't land like a normal fixed-wing aircraft that way.
    But if you use it for the Approach part, it will work as any "normal" aircraft in FS. Including ILS Localiser and GlideSlope capturing.
    My test flight above, proves that.

Mark, not sure why it doesn't work in your scenery. But the ILS implementation in the MV22 Rel2 package works correct (like it did for Rel1).
    Disclaimer: my test is with FSX-Accell

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ILS approach.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    checking FSX default airport CYQQ, runway heading and ILS heading is not same. I check using ADE

Hi Maryadi,

Thanks for your replies.
    I see you have used ADE of the default CYQQ for your images. I am using an improved version of that airport 'CYQQ_2010' by Don Grovestine, who does a lot of up-rated scenery for FSX\P3D (More buildings and other details, etc.). In this one the runway and ILS headings are identical. Here is the result from ADE for CYQQ_2010:-

So the Rwy\ILS differences do not account for the odd results I was getting for the ILS Localiser/Glideslope. Must be something else?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CYQQ [2010] from ADE.2.JPG  
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    (I'm using my own scenery VOR/ILS here, so I know exactly how it should behave).

What I've done to test:
    - I setup a flight, with the MV22 flying on AutoPilot: Heading set to Localiser heading, NAV1 set to the ILS freq, VOR/ILS button set to 1/NAV, WYPT button set to ARM, Alt set to 2500 ft, Speed set to 150 Knots and Flaps-10.
    With AP buttons CPLD to ACT, HDG Hold ON, SPEED Hold ON, ALT Hold ON, 20 nmiles out.
    - HDG Hold goes Off, since the aircraft is in range of the ILS Localiser; so the Localiser has been captured.
    - At 18 nMiles out (DME in the PDF), ALT Hold goes Off: it detects the GlideSlope, but flies well below GlideSlope.
    - At 9 nMiles out, it intercept the GlideSlope: ALT Hold goes Off, and the MV22 starts following the GS.

Of course it doesn't Autoland, since that's not implemented; but all Needles (Localiser/ GlideSlope) and GS interception / GS following works as it should.

That said:
    I don't think a real MV22 will ever do an ILS approach/landing this way, because it can't land like a normal fixed-wing aircraft that way.
    But if you use it for the Approach part, it will work as any "normal" aircraft in FS. Including ILS Localiser and GlideSlope capturing.

Mark, not sure why it doesn't work in your scenery. But the ILS implementation in the MV22 Rel2 package works correct (like it did for Rel1).

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try a Flight with a setup as you describe and tell you how it goes.

One question: You say, "... At 18 nMiles out (DME in the PDF)...", is this a typo for 'PFD' and if so, where in the PFD is the DME shown? Does it only appear if a Flight Plan has been loaded?
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your answer. I'll try a Flight with a setup as you describe and tell you how it goes.

One question: You say, "... At 18 nMiles out (DME in the PDF)...", is this a typo for 'PFD' and if so, where in the PFD is the DME shown? Does it only appear if a Flight Plan has been loaded?
    Actually, the line should read:

- At 18 nMiles out (see DME in the PFD), the GlideSlope is detected (the GS needle becomes visible, and the GllideSlope diamond jumps up since it still flies well below GlideSlope).
    Note that the range values (when Localiser needle and GS needle become visible) can be ILS specific.
    Also, the above only works if the ILS has a Localiser, GlideSlope AND DME ... (Not all ILS' have DME equipment).

You don;t need a flightplan loaded; the DME value is read from the defined ILS (if it has a DME).
    And is visible in the top-right corner of the PFD (under SYST).
    In your PFD picture: it displays:
    "TO TTE" (not sure if it''s spelled TTE because the picture isn't sharp enough) ; but TTE is the VOR/ILS Ident then.

If that VOR/ILS would have a DME, it would display
    "TO TTE / 20.8" where 20.8 would be the actual distance to the selected VOR/ILS.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post

What I've done to test:

That said:

Rob
    Rob,

I've set up the MV-22, 20 NM off Rwy 12 in line with the ILS, ALT: 2500, Flaps: 10. A/P: ACT, HDG: Localiser heading, Speed: 150, VOR/ILS: 1/NAV, HDG, SPEED & ALT: all ON. Then saved the Flight ('Scenario' in P3D-ese).

So far so good. The last twice I've tried this, the MV-22 veered sharply off to the right and totally missed the runway.

But today, Hooray! It captured the Localiser and the GlideSlope. Must have been a mistake by me...

Two associated questions: What's the best way to land from an ILS approach? And after loading a saved Flight, why are the Engine Power switches OFF (on the Overhead panel)?

Thanks for your help, it was just what I needed!
    Cheers,

Mark

Just remember most USN/USMC aircraft do not ship with a civilian ILS, only the ACLS for the boat. TACAN approaches are the norm. I do know also like many military aircraft, an IFR certified GPS is also not included (we finally got this in the UH-60, but it was limited). Since this model covers both CV and MV Ospreys, we can say they have it as I'm sure the USAF software probably has it. I have read ATC dislikes trying to sequence MV-22s around SOCAL due to the speeds they slow to after initiating the approach.

All I can find for approach speeds are 170-180 in the pattern and using the boat CCA approach numbers as a guess: slow to 110, 60 nac at FAF, slowing to the MAP with 75 nac 80-90kts. Just a guess if you are really flying in the goo, in the H-60 I would slow way down if going to minimums.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

And after loading a saved Flight, why are the Engine Power switches OFF (on the Overhead panel)?
    for FSX you need reload aircraft if it first time load from save flight, but if you load osprey after other aircraft, it will automatically "fully loaded". in some how FSX very first load is load flight with naming "previous flight", even the file exist or not. by load previous flight, making my gauge skip to load correct naming of flight being loaded. with 2nd load or so, fsx will load correct aircraft saving file name. this issue solved in P3D which is first load of osprey saved flight will correct load, mean no need reload when load osprey for first time.
    Maryadi

An important consideration when REloading an aircraft after it's first load isn't working correctly, is that having any forrm of AI traffic operating at the time, be it boats, ground equipment, ANYthing, can affect the plane. Sometimes, with AI traffic operating, the plane's information may not load from it's files, but from what's left in memory. Thus, changes, or a plane's default settings, may not "take".
    Once the plane is loaded up and operating the way it's desired, you can turn the traffic back on. Kinda a somewhat slower process, but more reliable.

From the SDK:
    To see the effects of a change, the aircraft must be reloaded (this is because aircraft are loaded into the memory cache from disk, so you have to flush the cache to enable your changes to take effect).:

1. Turn off AI Traffic. AI traffic aircraft are maintained in the cache and even if you update the aircraft you are currently piloting, if the same aircraft is being used by AI traffic, then your cache won’t get updated automatically by simply reloading the plane. So to ensure your aircraft is reloaded from disk, you must also go to the Settings Screen, choose Traffic, and set the Air Traffic Density slider all the way to the left to 0%...
    Hope this helps a little!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thanks Pat, I just knew it.
    Maryadi

Uploading today
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GE.jpg  

And this one too
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TE.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just remember most USN/USMC aircraft do not ship with a civilian ILS, only the ACLS for the boat. TACAN approaches are the norm. I do know also like many military aircraft, an IFR certified GPS is also not included (we finally got this in the UH-60, but it was limited). Since this model covers both CV and MV Ospreys, we can say they have it as I'm sure the USAF software probably has it. I have read ATC dislikes trying to sequence MV-22s around SOCAL due to the speeds they slow to after initiating the approach.

All I can find for approach speeds are 170-180 in the pattern and using the boat CCA approach numbers as a guess: slow to 110, 60 nac at FAF, slowing to the MAP with 75 nac 80-90kts. Just a guess if you are really flying in the goo, in the H-60 I would slow way down if going to minimums.
    Hi Victory 103,

Thanks for that interesting gen.

I Googled 'ACLS' and Wikipedia told me: "The Automatic Carrier Landing System is similar to the ICLS, in that it displays "needles" that indicate aircraft position in relation to glideslope and final bearing. An approach using this system is said to be a "mode II" approach. Additionally, some aircraft are capable of "coupling" their autopilots to the glideslope/azimuth signals received via data link from the ship, allowing for a "hands-off" approach. If the pilot keeps the autopilot coupled until touchdown, this is referred to as a "mode I" approach. If the pilot maintains a couple until the visual approach point (at 34 nautical mile (1.4 km; 0.86 mi)) this is referred to as a "mode IA" approach."

I'll try an approach using the speed and nacelle angles you suggest and see how I can do.
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    for FSX you need reload aircraft if it first time load from save flight, but if you load osprey after other aircraft, it will automatically "fully loaded". in some how FSX very first load is load flight with naming "previous flight", even the file exist or not. by load previous flight, making my gauge skip to load correct naming of flight being loaded. with 2nd load or so, fsx will load correct aircraft saving file name. this issue solved in P3D which is first load of osprey saved flight will correct load, mean no need reload when load osprey for first time.
    Thanks for your reply, Maryadi,

I'm using P3D at present but I still have to turn on the switches on the overhead.

So I'll try reloading the MV-22 after loading the saved Flight and see if that works...
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    An important consideration when REloading an aircraft after it's first load isn't working correctly, is that having any forrm of AI traffic operating at the time, be it boats, ground equipment, ANYthing, can affect the plane. Sometimes, with AI traffic operating, the plane's information may not load from it's files, but from what's left in memory. Thus, changes, or a plane's default settings, may not "take".
    Once the plane is loaded up and operating the way it's desired, you can turn the traffic back on. Kinda a somewhat slower process, but more reliable.

From the SDK:

Hope this helps a little!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

That's good to know! I would never have guessed that the AI settings would affect the reloading of a saved Flight. Seems rather unintuitive?

So, if I've got this right, the procedure is: first turn off the AI traffic; then load the saved flight and if it doesn't completely load the way it was when saved, reload the aircraft. Then turn the AI back on.

BTW, where do you get the SDK from?

Thanks!
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    And this one too
    Hi flewpastu,

Nice repaints! One question: I see that one has the Insignia in color and the other in monochrome. is this correct?
    Cheers,

Mark

Mark , I think it has something to do with the model and reflections from light depending on what angle you view it from . I’m not sure why but it’s more noticeable with different repaints . And it’s only on the tail fins, I don’t get that on the rest of the aircraft

Bill

Oh and I only have Fsx with acceleration installed , i don’t know what effect it has in P3d

Bill

Thanks for your reply, Maryadi,

I'm using P3D at present but I still have to turn on the switches on the overhead.

So I'll try reloading the MV-22 after loading the saved Flight and see if that works...
    which switches?
    not all switches are included in saving system. I'll include it on next update.
    Maryadi

Hi,

Another of my silly little questions! A small one but irritating...

I am noticing that not all of the Panel views in Rel. 2.0 (using P3D) cannot be minimised more than a little. This is particularly important with the Overhead panel, as it cuts off the total view of the engine control levers at the bottom and the top of the switches for the rotor tip lights. Strangely this doesn't always happen and the size of all panels can be adjusted to suit your needs. Reloading the MV-22B doesn't change it.

Is this something I can alter myself? Or is it not correctable?
    Cheers,

Mark

Members who have read this thread: 5