Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 20
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

New VSTOL gauge (P3Dv4.1/2)

Hi,

If anyone is interrested: I have an update of my VSTOL gauge for the MV22B Rel2, especially relevant for P3Dv4.1 and up.

Problem solved:
    Due to a yaw command unit conversion bug (introduced in FSX-RTM, and finally solved in P3Dv4.1 and up) the yaw rotation speed in VTOL is a factor 3.28 too low.
    The new gauge solves this, by reading out on which FS version the MV22B is used.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post

If anyone is interrested: I have an update of my VSTOL gauge for the MV22B Rel2, especially relevant for P3Dv4.1 and up.

Rob
    Definitely interested, beam it up, Rob ;-)

Hi,

Problem solved:
    Due to a yaw command unit conversion bug (introduced in FSX-RTM, and finally solved in P3Dv4.1 and up) the yaw rotation speed in VTOL is a factor 3.28 too low.
    The new gauge solves this, by reading out on which FS version the MV22B is used.

Rob
    See attached .zip file for new gauge version and README.

Cheers, Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

Problem solved:

Rob
    I have P3D V3.4 - I see you stated it was relevant for P3D V4 but curious if this is a needed fix for P3D V3.4? I backed up my current gauge before installing this one
    and tried flying the MV22B Rel2 in P3D V3.4 and not sure what to check for after I installed this gauge update (effect or changes).

BTW - before installing this gauge fix, and with the MV22 on the runway and in a cold start state, I can hear the engines running (no props spinning) and can dismiss the engine sounds
    by pressing the CTRL + Shift + F1 keys, then, when I no longer hear the MV22 engines running, I go to the overhead and do the start up procedures - eventually, I hear the engine sounds
    and can see the props rotating.

Thanks

Works perfect in P3D4.2.21, thanks a lot, Rob

Hi Rob,this is probably a dumb question,but is this update relevant to FSX at all?Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Freded , these repaints were made with the paint kit that came with 2.0. There are minor differences between 1.0 and 2.0 . They will work on 1.0 but there may be some misalignment on textures etc.
    Hope that helps some

Bill
    Hi Bill,

First of all, thanks for your texture repaints - they're great!

Actually what I want to do is use textures made for Rel. 1.0 in Rel.2.0 aircraft. Would this work?

Cheers,

Mark
    Cheers,

Mark

I honestly don't know Freded ? . Try it , it cant hurt anything .

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I have P3D V3.4 - I see you stated it was relevant for P3D V4 but curious if this is a needed fix for P3D V3.4? I backed up my current gauge before installing this one
    and tried flying the MV22B Rel2 in P3D V3.4 and not sure what to check for after I installed this gauge update (effect or changes).

Thanks
    Not really relevant for P3Dv3.4, since that behaves the same as FSX w.r.t yaw velocity.
    But if you have not installed my Addon1 package, the gauge will add some other VSTOL improvement.
    See the included readme.

Rob

Ps. Cant help you with engine sound problem, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Hi Rob,this is probably a dumb question,but is this update relevant to FSX at all?Thanks
    Please see my reply in post 484.
    So if you have installed my Addon allready: no, not relevant for FSX.
    If not, the gauge adds some other improvements ...See readme.

I honestly don't know Freded ? . Try it , it cant hurt anything .

Bill
    Thanks Bill! Yes, it seems OK.
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi,

Problem!

The Overhead panel does not allow me to use the Cargo Hook/Hoist switches. And the Lighting switches flicker when I use the mouse on them. The third item that doesn't work is the switch that normally turns on the HUD display.

Earlier today, all these controls were working perfectly.

I'm running Rel.2.0 on Windows 7-64 bit.

Anyone have an idea what's happened?
    Cheers,

Mark

Anyone have an idea what's happened?
    As we used to say, college education to break 'em, high school education to fix 'em. You pilots keep us tweaks in business

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    Are you clicking, or using the mouse wheel to actuate the switches? I think, rarely, that you need to use the wheel to actuate them, not a click. I may be mistaken, though. Give it try and see if that helps.
    Also, do you have Rob's Release 2 Addon 1 installed?
    Did you try re-loading the plane once it was sitting on the runway? Sometimes that needs be done to make everything work right. Are you using a saved MV-22 flight to start with? IE:as your default flight? If so, don't. Use the default Default Fsx flight. The trike over Friday Harbour. Once you're in the freeflight menu, with the trike showing, load the MV-22, then your saved flight. That seems to make things work better.

Hope something in all this rambling helps...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    As we used to say, college education to break 'em, high school education to fix 'em. You pilots keep us tweaks in business

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    Are you clicking, or using the mouse wheel to actuate the switches? I think, rarely, that you need to use the wheel to actuate them, not a click. I may be mistaken, though. Give it try and see if that helps.
    Also, do you have Rob's Release 2 Addon 1 installed?
    Did you try re-loading the plane once it was sitting on the runway? Sometimes that needs be done to make everything work right. Are you using a saved MV-22 flight to start with? IE:as your default flight? If so, don't. Use the default Default Fsx flight. The trike over Friday Harbour. Once you're in the freeflight menu, with the trike showing, load the MV-22, then your saved flight. That seems to make things work better.

Hope something in all this rambling helps...
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

I'm using the mouse wheel on those switches, but the mouse icon doesn't change to a hand as it used always to do.

Yes, I have installed Rob's Rel. 2.0 Addon 1.

Yes I've tried re-loading the plane and I use the P3D default flight, which is the F-22 Raptor at Eglin, so I can't think what else to do. And I've closed and re-opened P3D but nothing makes any difference.

And, yes, I do have a college education!
    Cheers,

Mark

Semper Fi Pat, hot off the presses . Im uploading both shortly

Bill
    Off from work for the next 2 1/2 days thank you, these will get flown ALOT

BTW - before installing this gauge fix, and with the MV22 on the runway and in a cold start state, I can hear the engines running (no props spinning) and can dismiss the engine sounds
    by pressing the CTRL + Shift + F1 keys, then, when I no longer hear the MV22 engines running, I go to the overhead and do the start up procedures - eventually, I hear the engine sounds
    and can see the props rotating.

Thanks
    reload again. pretty much twice load from saved flight.
    Maryadi

And, yes, I do have a college education!
    See, SEE?!? I told you!
    Just between you, me, and the wall, I do too. But I'll deny it to me dying breath if any Officer accuses me of it.

Are you running, IE: Did you install, the 32 bit panel or the 64 bit panel? The ONLY time to use the 64 bit panel.cfg is for P3D v4.0 and higher. Just because you have WINDOWS 64 bit, doesn't mean that you can use the 64 bit panel. You might want to triple check and see that you have the right panel.cfg installed. If nothing else, re-install the correct panel.cfg as though you had just installed the plane, and see if it helps.

We'll get ya through this! We always seem to
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

See, SEE?!? I told you!
    Just between you, me, and the wall, I do too. But I'll deny it to me dying breath if any Officer accuses me of it.

Are you running, IE: Did you install, the 32 bit panel or the 64 bit panel? The ONLY time to use the 64 bit panel.cfg is for P3D v4.0 and higher. Just because you have WINDOWS 64 bit, doesn't mean that you can use the 64 bit panel. You might want to triple check and see that you have the right panel.cfg installed. If nothing else, re-install the correct panel.cfg as though you had just installed the plane, and see if it helps.

We'll get ya through this! We always seem to
    Pat☺
    Yep! 32-bit panel is what I have installed.

Just discovered what I'm doing wrong: For some strange reason, when I Select a 'Vehicle' (P3D's name for the FSX equivalent 'Aircraft'), the aircraft from Rel. 1.0 show up as well as those from Rel. 2.0 ! So my mistake was picking one (or several) of those instead of one of the Rel. 2.0 aircraft... Trying now to discover why the Rel. 1.0 'Vehicles' are available in Re. 2.0.

Thanks for your help. Pat! It got me investigating more deeply.
    Cheers,

Mark

Did you completely UNinstall the v1 before installing the v.2?
    Also, make certain you go into the Gauges folder and get rid of all, ALL the v.1 gauges, including Rob's.

All this will hopefully prevent this. HOPEFULLY
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Not really relevant for P3Dv3.4, since that behaves the same as FSX w.r.t yaw velocity.
    But if you have not installed my Addon1 package, the gauge will add some other VSTOL improvement.
    See the included readme.

Rob

Ps. Cant help you with engine sound problem, sorry.
    Rob,

I have not installed the Addon1 package but did install the gauge V6.5 and so the improvements from your read me are:

- V6.49: included in my Addon1 package <<<< I would have to of installed the Addon 1 to benefit from this? (I didn't)
    Changes:
    oo Much improved flight behavior for "inverted flight" in Conversion/VTOL configuration.
    oo Improved decelleration when converting from APLN to VTOL mode.
    Now dependant on nacelles angle and difference between actual and target speed.
    oo When groundspeed < 5 knots, lon/lat speed is set to 0 knots when HoverHold is activated.

- V6.50: <<<< I installed this in my P3D V3.4; should I see improvement(s) mentioned below? Any other improvements?
    oo Added a check on the used FSX/P3D version, to bypass differences in yaw velocity speed.
    In VTOL configuration, a full 360-degrees rotation, at full rudder deflection, now takes appr. 22 sec.
    for ALL FSX/P3D versions.
    Explanation: due to a yaw command unit conversion bug (introduced in FSX-RTM by Microsoft, and solved
    by LockheedMartin in P3Dv4.1), for P3Dv4.1/2 the yaw rotation speed in VTOL was 3.28 times too low .

Just making sure.
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 4th, 2018 at 14:55.

Icon9

Did you completely UNinstall the v1 before installing the v.2?
    Also, make certain you go into the Gauges folder and get rid of all, ALL the v.1 gauges, including Rob's.

All this will hopefully prevent this. HOPEFULLY
    Pat☺
    I had not completely uninstalled Rel.1.0 - just renamed the folder to '.OLD'. Cannot find any mention of the MN-22 in Control Panel/Programs and Features. But I have now deleted this folder and no longer see the Rel.1.0 versions in P3D's Vehicle/Select menu.

I cannot identify which files in the Gauges folder are Rel.1.0-related, so have not deleted any.

All the MV-22s now in that menu (all, that is, that I have tried!) have a completely functional Overhead panel. Only small problem with that panel (that didn't occur in the Rel. 1.0 aircraft) is that I cannot reduce its size sufficiently to see the complete top and bottom, viz. the whole of the engine levers and, at the extreme top, the switches for the rotor tip lights. This is strange!

So, Pat, with your help we have solved the problem - thank you!
    Cheers,

Mark

Rob,

I have not installed the Addon1 package but did install the gauge V6.5 and so the improvements from your read me are:

- V6.49: included in my Addon1 package <<<< I would have to of installed the Addon 1 to benefit from this? (I didn't)
    Changes:
    oo Much improved flight behavior for "inverted flight" in Conversion/VTOL configuration.
    oo Improved decelleration when converting from APLN to VTOL mode.
    Now dependant on nacelles angle and difference between actual and target speed.
    oo When groundspeed < 5 knots, lon/lat speed is set to 0 knots when HoverHold is activated.

- V6.50: <<<< I installed this in my P3D V3.4; should I see improvement(s) mentioned below? Any other improvements?
    oo Added a check on the used FSX/P3D version, to bypass differences in yaw velocity speed.
    In VTOL configuration, a full 360-degrees rotation, at full rudder deflection, now takes appr. 22 sec.
    for ALL FSX/P3D versions.
    Explanation: due to a yaw command unit conversion bug (introduced in FSX-RTM by Microsoft, and solved
    by LockheedMartin in P3Dv4.1), for P3Dv4.1/2 the yaw rotation speed in VTOL was 3.28 times too low .

Just making sure.
    Summerised:
    After installing the gauge V6.50 on P3Dv3.4 without having installled Addon1, this is what has changed for you:
    oo Improved decelleration when converting from APLN to VTOL mode. Now dependant on nacelles angle and difference between actual and target speed.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    I had not completely uninstalled Rel.1.0 - just renamed the folder to '.OLD'. Cannot find any mention of the MN-22 in Control Panel/Programs and Features. But I have now deleted this folder and no longer see the Rel.1.0 versions in P3D's Vehicle/Select menu.

I cannot identify which files in the Gauges folder are Rel.1.0-related, so have not deleted any.

All the MV-22s now in that menu (all, that is, that I have tried!) have a completely functional Overhead panel. Only small problem with that panel (that didn't occur in the Rel. 1.0 aircraft) is that I cannot reduce its size sufficiently to see the complete top and bottom, viz. the whole of the engine levers and, at the extreme top, the switches for the rotor tip lights. This is strange!

So, Pat, with your help we have solved the problem - thank you!
    Just to explain what happens here:

If you select an aircraft via the menu, FSX/P3D will find ANY aircraft.cfg file in ALL first subfolders of .../SimObjects/Airplanes/.

So if you just rename the Release1 folder /MV22-B_Osprey/ into /MV22-B_Osprey.old/, FSX/P3D will still find the Release1 package and displays it as selectable aircraft.
    The only way to avoid that, is to either delete the folder completely, OR move the entire folder + subfolders to a location OUTSIDE the
    .../SimObjects/Airplanes/ folder.

Rob

And now you know just why what happened, had happened

I seem to recall an earlier post in this thread about getting rid of the v.1 gauges, but naturally, now I can't find it.

Make sure when you install the v.2, that if it asks to over-write anything in the gauges fold you allow it. There's is one gauge that can mess things up, but darned if I can remember which one. That was in the post I mentioned.

Sorry, my little pea-brain isn't more help, but I think we got the most of it fixed up fer ye!

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Summerised:
    After installing the gauge V6.50 on P3Dv3.4 without having installled Addon1, this is what has changed for you:
    oo Improved decelleration when converting from APLN to VTOL mode. Now dependant on nacelles angle and difference between actual and target speed.
    Rob
    Thank you sir for the explaining the details.

Members who have read this thread: 5