Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 17
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Ulrich,

In the pictures in post #400: You are not selecting a 2D-window, but a camera-view !!!
    To open/close a 2D-window, you should use menu "Sichten - Instrumentenbrett" ; as with any other aircraft.

Rob

PS:
    Reasons why Shift+2 or Shift+3 might not work to toggle 2D-windows:
    1. Caps-Lock is ON (should be OFF)
    2. You have changed the default keyboard settings for "Select-1", "Select-2", etc ...
    3. You are using digits 2 and 3 on the Num-section of the keyboard. DON'T. Use digits 2 and 3 on the main keyboard section.

Rob ,

I have tested the instrument panel

Ulrich-Richard

maybe need to be confirm, that you use stock panel.cfg from addon1, or show the panel.cfg setup here. and please use wrap CODE for easy reading
    Maryadi

Hi Ulrich,

What the bottom-right part of the picture clearly shows: FSX doesn't load the panel.cfg I provided in Addon1 !!

Did you copy/rename the included file "panel32addon1.cfg" as "panel.cfg" (thus replacing your current panel.cfg) ???

If you did do that, there's several other errors you may have made:
    1. You installed Addon1 in the REL1 tree-structure of the MV22B, not in REL2.
    So the new panel.cfg isn't loaded .....
    If you still have REL1 of the MV22B installed in the ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder, I strongly advise you to move the entire Rel1 \MV-22B_Osprey\ folder structure to a place OUTSIDE the ...
    \SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder

2. You made a copy of the original REL2 folder structure in the
    ...\SimObjects\Airplanes\ folder.

Rob

Next one incoming , ill upload this weekend

Bill

sorry , lets try this again
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

Just uploaded VMM-261 Raging Bulls , waiting for Admin to do their thing

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Hi all,

I have discovered (or perhaps everyone already knew this?) that you can load an object, raise it with 'K', take it on board with 'O', fly off and then close P3D and when you re-open P3D and, using Pete Dowson's AutoSave, go back to the previous flight, that the object is still on board. You can then fly to your destination, hover at 30-40 ft AGL, hit 'O' and the load will appear under the aircraft. Then use the normal procedure ('J' & 'K') to lower the load to the ground and detach it with 'O'.

Hope this helps some folk...
    Cheers,

Mark

Thanks for the info, Fred. I never tried that.
    Something to bear in mind, though, that there are some objects that won't fit "inside" the plane. The Tesla Coil, the single Lumber log, I think the AC unit, the Propane tank (the big white one on a stand), and so on. If you bring them all the way up to the end of the cable, it will break, and drop them to the ground. The only thing it doesn't destroy so far that I know of is the log, strangely enough

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Does P3D allow ramp cargo yet? Something the V22 and C-130 would be fun to have functional in the sim. The fx and AI objects that are droppable are a start, would be nice to load them up first.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

By "ramp cargo", I presume you mean dropable objects that can be loaded into, or pre-placed into a plane, like a C-130?
    I am not sure, but I don't think so. There may be a way to do that with a Saved Flight scenario, like you can with bombs and/or missiles from Chris Sykes Weapons Package, though.
    I don't have P3D so I can't answer specifically, but I'll do some more research, and see what I can dig out.

Not the greatest answer, but best I can offer...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Hi,

in case some haven't seen it, there's a good video of the MV-22 on YouTube ( in fact there are several!).

The one I've been watching is:-

U.S. Marines MV-22 Osprey Aircraft In Action
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    By "ramp cargo", I presume you mean dropable objects that can be loaded into, or pre-placed into a plane, like a C-130?
    I am not sure, but I don't think so. There may be a way to do that with a Saved Flight scenario, like you can with bombs and/or missiles from Chris Sykes Weapons Package, though.
    I don't have P3D so I can't answer specifically, but I'll do some more research, and see what I can dig out.

Not the greatest answer, but best I can offer...
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

Just been checking what you said about too large objects not fitting "inside" the plane.

I tried it with the big white Propane tank and it lifted up with 'K' and when I hit 'O' it disappeared inside the Osprey. What's more, it reappeared when I hit 'O' again and I was able to carry it inside and lower it somewhere else.

I'll try with some of the other large loads you mentioned.

It works with the palette of boxes and the AC Unit; but I can't find the Tesla Coil or the Lumber Log in the menu...

Oh, yes! And I've found that you can load TWO objects, one after the other, inside the MV-22, carry them to your destination and then unload them sequentially using 'O', 'J', 'K', 'O' and then repeating for the second object.

Fascinating - if not prototypical...
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi Pat,

Just been checking what you said about too large objects not fitting "inside" the plane.

I tried it with the big white Propane tank and it lifted up with 'K' and when I hit 'O' it disappeared inside the Osprey. What's more, it reappeared when I hit 'O' again and I was able to carry it inside and lower it somewhere else.

I'll try with some of the other large loads you mentioned.

It works with the palette of boxes and the AC Unit; but I can't find the Tesla Coil or the Lumber Log in the menu...

Oh, yes! And I've found that you can load TWO objects, one after the other, inside the MV-22, carry them to your destination and then unload them sequentially using 'O', 'J', 'K', 'O' and then repeating for the second object.

Fascinating - if not prototypical...
    Here are a couple of pics...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MV-22 has just dropped TWO loads!.01.jpg   MV-22 has just dropped TWO loads!.02.jpg  
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi Pat,

You probably have CrashDetection OFF; then loading too large objects won;t crash the plane.

Yes, and even more.
    That's why there is a object counter in the addon gauge ..

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    You probably have CrashDetection OFF; then loading too large objects won;t crash the plane.

[LEFT][COLOR=#222222][FONT=Verdana]
    Yes, and even more.
    That's why there is a object counter in the addon gauge ..

Rob
    Rob,

1. You're right! I do have crash detection 'OFF'. Mainly because I'm such a poor pilot and often crash the MV-22B. And I hate having to constantly reload!

2. Yes, I'd noticed that counter - good idea of yours. But I hadn't tried loading more than 2 objects, yet.

I was watching some YouTube videos of the MV-22 today and one showed the lifting of a Jeep. You could see, through the dust-cloud, the guys attaching the slings to the vehicle. I was impressed by the thickness of the four cables that were needed. Question: Is there any way of 'thickening' the cable in the sim? Or increasing the strength? Or even showing more than one cable?

Must repeat my congratulations to you and Maryadi for the magnificent results of your work producing such a complicated aircraft for us. Thank you!
    Cheers,

Mark

The objects you can't find I added to the AICarriers liftable Objects menu after I sent it out for public use.
    I can send you a modified .cfg file with the oversize objects on it. They are for various missions in FSX, and some are from the Hovercontrol Scar Creek addon. If an object exists in the SIMOBJECTS\MISC folder, though, it can be a liftable AICarrier item. Just a matter of adding them to the .cfg file properly. If you find an item in that folder you want to add on to the AICarriers menu, let me know, and I'll help you out.

I've attached the modified .cfg file I use now, with a few "oversize" objects on it, if you want it.

Sling loads for aicarriers.zip

Try hoisting the Tesla Coil, Single Log, or the Top Secret Crate, all in the first pile of items. You can lift them, carefully, but they won't gozinta the plane. By the way, in Electronics talk, every component, like a chip, or a transistor, has a gozinta, and a gozouta.

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    The objects you can't find I added to the AICarriers liftable Objects menu after I sent it out for public use.
    I can send you a modified .cfg file with the oversize objects on it. They are for various missions in FSX, and some are from the Hovercontrol Scar Creek addon. If an object exists in the SIMOBJECTS\MISC folder, though, it can be a liftable AICarrier item. Just a matter of adding them to the .cfg file properly. If you find an item in that folder you want to add on to the AICarriers menu, let me know, and I'll help you out.

I've attached the modified .cfg file I use now, with a few "oversize" objects on it, if you want it.

Sling loads for aicarriers.zip

Try hoisting the Tesla Coil, Single Log, or the Top Secret Crate, all in the first pile of items. You can lift them, carefully, but they won't gozinta the plane. By the way, in Electronics talk, every component, like a chip, or a transistor, has a gozinta, and a gozouta.

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Thanks for the new sling loads.I see it's different from the one I had originally.

Question: Can I copy across the 'formations' that aren't in the new CFG file from the old one? E.g. Stretcher, crated cylinder, etc.

I understand the format of the file, so this would be no problem for me.

Where would I look for the SIMOBJECTS\MISC folder? I can't find it.

I like the 'gozinta/gozouta' thing!
    Cheers,

Mark

To Anyone!

In P3D v.3, I am suddenly getting Morse repeated. It's spelling IQQ (.. --.- --.-). I tried changing the frequencies of COMMs 1 & 2 with no luck.

I know there's a way of stopping this in FS/P3D, but can't remember what it is!

Help! It's driving me mad - not to mention my wife, too...
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi again...!

I've successfully Fully Stowed the rotors and wings but when I try to set the aircraft to be ready for flight, hitting Full Stow again only moves the wings and rotors but doesn't unfold the rotors.

I've tried hitting 'Fold Horiz' and 'Rotor Lock' with no success. How do you unfold the rotors?
    Cheers,

Mark

SOH-CM-2023
    Is there a USAF CV-22 Repaint anywhere for V2?.....

Nevermind. Just got it downloaded as saw one came with it..... Disregard. Nothing to see, move along......
    You can't take the sky from me...

Question: Can I copy across the 'formations' that aren't in the new CFG file from the old one? E.g. Stretcher, crated cylinder, etc.

I understand the format of the file, so this would be no problem for me.

Where would I look for the SIMOBJECTS\MISC folder? I can't find it.
    Sure! Just add them to the bottom, and renumber them appropriately. Those .cfg files are extremely versatile. It's a lot like adding a paint, or series of paints, to an aircraft, really. You add the right entries to the plane's aircraft.cfg, and number them correctly. Same principle.

Like I said, you can add just about anything in the Simobjects\Misc folder to the .cfg file. Just need the correct name to add from the object's sim.cfg file's Title= line. You can name the "formation" anything you like, and can have more than one object per "formation", as you can see in the first entry in the new file. Just spread them out, or they'll all be piled on top of one another, which makes picking the one you want much harder. Make certain, when you enter an object in a "formation", and go to set the position coordinates, that you do NOT have a space between the object's title, and the first comma, thus: unit.0=AC_Unit_sm, 0, 15 . Notice, no space after the object's name from it's sim.cfg's Title= line, and the first comma, prior to the first positional coordinate. AND no space after the first number, prior to the second comma. If you put a space in those positions, the object won't appear. I learned that the hard way

The Simobjects\Misc is in essentially the same place as the Simobjects\Airplanes folder, where you put addons like, just a random example, Marayadi's MV-22. Just down a few. Just above Rotorcraft. It's the folder for things like the hoistable objects used for missions, animals, and so on. If it doesn't belong to another category, like Airplanes, Boats, etc, it goes in Misc. All the droppable weapons from Chris Sykes Weapons4 addon go there, too, for example.

Does that help?
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

To Anyone!

In P3D v.3, I am suddenly getting Morse repeated. It's spelling IQQ (.. --.- --.-). I tried changing the frequencies of COMMs 1 & 2 with no luck.

I know there's a way of stopping this in FS/P3D, but can't remember what it is!

Help! It's driving me mad - not to mention my wife, too...
    morse code are came from nav ID, Osprey doesn't equipped with this feature. to turn it off change aircraft to Cesna C-172 then open default radio bendixking, then turn off light ( green) on upper area that said about com1, com2, both ...etc.
    after turning it off, change back to osprey then save.

Hi again...!

I've successfully Fully Stowed the rotors and wings but when I try to set the aircraft to be ready for flight, hitting Full Stow again only moves the wings and rotors but doesn't unfold the rotors.

I've tried hitting 'Fold Horiz' and 'Rotor Lock' with no success. How do you unfold the rotors?
    1. hit Fold Horiz when wing already fully folded/unfolded. time in between fold/unfold, Fold Horiz button is disable.
    2. Did Rotor Lock still active when blade folded?
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    morse code are came from nav ID, Osprey doesn't equipped with this feature. to turn it off change aircraft to Cesna C-172 then open default radio bendixking, then turn off light ( green) on upper area that said about com1, com2, both ...etc.
    after turning it off, change back to osprey then save.

1. hit Fold Horiz when wing already fully folded/unfolded. time in between fold/unfold, Fold Horiz button is disable.
    2. Did Rotor Lock still active when blade folded?
    Thanks maryadi.

1. That stopped the Morse...
    2. Reloaded MV-22 and now Full Stow and Fold Horiz work both ways.
    Cheers,

Mark

Members who have read this thread: 5