Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 15
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718192021222325 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Interestingly, searching the Manual for the terms "Autopilot" and "AP" does not find any reference to minimum altitude or speed necessary to engage the Autopilot...
    Cheers,

Mark

I am having a problem with making the hook capture the load. Approaching the load in H-Hold at a Radio Alt of about 30 ft, with hook extended to a RA of between 2 and 5 ft, does not capture the load when it appears at the centre of Rob's Hoist Window.

I am wondering if there is a maximum IAS for this procedure...
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Interestingly, searching the Manual for the terms "Autopilot" and "AP" does not find any reference to minimum altitude or speed necessary to engage the Autopilot...
    Because there isn't ...
    The only criterium checked for AP-activation is "configuration/mode" (see section 6.1.3).
    Meaning nacelles should be 0 degrees. If they are, AP (CPLD) can be activated at any airspeed of altitude in the air.

Note: HoverHold (HVR CPLD) is NOT controlled by AP-master; HVR CPLD can only be activated when it displays ARM
    (meaning it;s in a stable Hover).

Rob

I am having a problem with making the hook capture the load. Approaching the load in H-Hold at a Radio Alt of about 30 ft, with hook extended to a RA of between 2 and 5 ft, does not capture the load when it appears at the centre of Rob's Hoist Window.

I am wondering if there is a maximum IAS for this procedure...
    No max. IAS, although the cable might break when attached at to high airspeed.

Did the same test as you did, with the default object "Humvie"
    On HoverHold, at 30 ft RA, and cable extended to RA 5 ft, and moving over the Humvie using stick commands, the object is Attached exactly when the object is in the center of the Hoistdoor camera view.
    Note: the hoist system is in "PICKUP" mode, right (see status line in the gauge) ??
    Because it won't pickup if its in RELEASED state (after you typed an O command to release an object from the hook, and then try to pick it up again)

Rob

Note: the hoist system is in "PICKUP" mode, right (see status line in the gauge) ??
    Because it won't pickup if its in RELEASED state (after you typed an O command to release an object from the hook, and then try to pick it up again)
    Or, if you accidentally hit O without meaning to. Double check that the system is in Pickup Mode before you try to hook anything.
    Also, as Rob mentioned, if you are going too fast when the hook "grabs" a load, especially a heavy one, the cable could break almost instantly. Make it LOOK like it's not picking the load up.

Let us know how it's working out for ya
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by Postbaer61 View Post
    I just saw a very interesting documentation about the V 22 Osprey on
    a german website www.welt.de.
    Documents the laborious way of developing of
    the V 22 Osprey with all its setbacks.

https://www.welt.de/mediathek/dokume...er-Luefte.html
    was about 50 min in german language and is to see for the next 24 days.
    Thank you, that was a very interesting video.
    For those not understanding German: This is a translated version of the Smithsonian Channel's "Air Warriors: Season 1 Episode 3: Osprey", see https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/shows/air-warriors/osprey/1003487/3411526

I haven't watched the other video you posted, but I will do.

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    No max. IAS, although the cable might break when attached at to high airspeed.

Did the same test as you did, with the default object "Humvie"
    On HoverHold, at 30 ft RA, and cable extended to RA 5 ft, and moving over the Humvie using stick commands, the object is Attached exactly when the object is in the center of the Hoistdoor camera view.

Rob
    Thanks Rob & Pat,

My error was not making sure the hoist system was in 'Pickup' mode.

It's now working perfectly - as it had been previously! Perhaps it was because it was late at night and my faculties were a bit dimmed! :-)
    Cheers,

Mark

Next one to be uploaded soon

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail.jpg  

a few more

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    a few more

Bill
    Thanks, this will be one livery well worth the wait to park on Haze Gray Studios ships!

a few more

Bill
    THANK YOU for all your previous paints !!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Lightbulb

I must apologize , I found some faults in the VMM365 Blue Knights repaint. I got the Marines color wrong and the 00 numbers on the fuselage wrong. The colors are supposed to Blue not Black. Im making the changes now and will up load the new files this week .

Bill
    Did this one ever get fixed?

It’s fixed gray eagle, I just need to upload it

Bill

Hi Rob,

A minor point that I discovered flying over mountains. The Hoist Control window is not quite wide enough to show the full altitude AGL when above 9999 ft.

There is some slight cut-off of the last digit. Could this window be widened a little?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hoist Control.JPG  
    Cheers,

Mark

Osprey maximum altitude at VTOL mode is 5800 feet. it real and simulated in Rob gauge.

so Hoist system display have correct way, maybe just make tune a bit to always display 9999 above 9999 feet or could be lower altitude display. (just suggestion)
    Maryadi

Hi Rob,

A minor point that I discovered flying over mountains. The Hoist Control window is not quite wide enough to show the full altitude AGL when above 9999 ft.

There is some slight cut-off of the last digit. Could this window be widened a little?

Correct ....
    I dimensioned the gauge to display max. 9999 ft RA, but I forgot to blank the field when above.
    Allthough flying at 9999+ Ft RADIO ALTITUDE with the hoist doors open, doesn't sound like proper flying you me .... LoL

Rob

Correct ....
    I dimensioned the gauge to display max. 9999 ft RA, but I forgot to blank the field when above.
    Allthough flying at 9999+ Ft RADIO ALTITUDE with the hoist doors open, doesn't sound like proper flying you me .... LoL

Rob
    I had been flying over mountains using Flight Planner, which suggested an altitude of 15,000 ft, and I had a load on board, so I left the hoist doors open in case closing them had an effect on the load. (I am not sure whether closing the doors would immediately shed the load...). But your point about flying in that condition is well taken!

I live in British Columbia, Canada, where there are a lot of mountains, and this is where I like flying best, and I am still practising lifting, carrying and delivering loads. So I decided to try flying the MV-22B across the Coastal Range with a load on board. At the point in the flight that I took the screen-shot, the mountains had been left behind, but I was still at 15,000 ft, so the Radio Altitude had increased to more than 9999 ft.

Would simply increasing the lateral value of 'size_mm=190,190' and 'gauge00=rcb-gauges!HoistControl, 0,0,190,190' in [Window11] from '190' to, say, 195 make the window a little bit wider to make room for the extra digit? (This would be unnecessary if I could close the hoist doors.)
    Cheers,

Mark

Would simply increasing the lateral value of 'size_mm=190,190' and 'gauge00=rcb-gauges!HoistControl, 0,0,190,190' in [Window11] from '190' to, say, 195 make the window a little bit wider to make room for the extra digit? (This would be unnecessary if I could close the hoist doors.)
    No. The positioning and scaling is done within the gauge itself.

But if you like (and learn a bit about XML), you can change it yourself ....
    - Open the file Hoistcontrol.xml in folder \panel\rcb-gauges\, with Windows Notepad
    - Find the two strings
    FontSize="30"
    and replace 30 with 24 or so.
    - And save the file.

This reduces the fontsize of characters in both RA displays, so they will properly display 5 digits.

Cheers, Rob

No. The positioning and scaling is done within the gauge itself.

But if you like (and learn a bit about XML), you can change it yourself ....
    - Open the file Hoistcontrol.xml in folder \panel\rcb-gauges\, with Windows Notepad
    - Find the two strings
    FontSize="30"
    and replace 30 with 24 or so.
    - And save the file.

This reduces the fontsize of characters in both RA displays, so they will properly display 5 digits.

Cheers, Rob
    Thanks, Rob.

I'm pretty sure I can cope with XML. I've done it a few times before...

OK, I've done that. I'll see how it works and tell you.

I have another question, while I'm talking to you: I know it is not possible to save a 'Scenario' while a load is hanging - it drops the load. But if the load is loaded internally, can you save it and return to it later?
    Cheers,

Mark

I have another question, while I'm talking to you: I know it is not possible to save a 'Scenario' while a load is hanging - it drops the load. But if the load is loaded internally, can you save it and return to it later?
    No, because it was "created" by AICarriers. It therefor won't exist in a saved plane. You'd have the re-create it as the saved flight loaded in, and place it manually into the plane. I believe, though, that I seem to recall something about saving flights, then editing them to add in sling loads. But I've never worked with them that way. I've always used AIC to create the loads. You might want to look around the forum a bit for sling loads and saved flights.

Hope this helps a little.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    No, because it was "created" by AICarriers. It therefor won't exist in a saved plane. You'd have the re-create it as the saved flight loaded in, and place it manually into the plane. I believe, though, that I seem to recall something about saving flights, then editing them to add in sling loads. But I've never worked with them that way. I've always used AIC to create the loads. You might want to look around the forum a bit for sling loads and saved flights.

Hope this helps a little.
    Pat☺
    Pat,

Well. I've just used Pete Dowson's Autosave and reverted to a previous bit of my present Flight and successfully unloaded the load i had picked up at the beginning of the flight...

How does that grab you?
    Cheers,

Mark

No rotor animation for me, can someone help?Everything else works, great aircraft, thanks Maryadi.

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    No rotor animation for me, can someone help?Everything else works, great aircraft, thanks Maryadi.
    FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D? Need to get that straight first! You are able to fly, but not rotor animation?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

FSX Acceleration, Boxed edition

Able to fly no problem, just no prop-rotor spinning animation, only blade pitch

Quote Originally Posted by goshawk45 View Post
    FSX Acceleration, Boxed edition

Able to fly no problem, just no prop-rotor spinning animation, only blade pitch
    Are you using the proper panel for your Sim? 32bit vs 64bit? Can you move your nacelles up and down? Advanced Animations checked in your settings?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Members who have read this thread: 5