Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 14
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Hi,

Installing this addon won't change anything in the current operation , other then a few minor improvements on the VSTOL.
    Like the decelleration when converting from APLN to VTOL config. (see post 272), and more realistic behavior when you try to fly inverted in VTOL configuration.

Basic Rel.2 included hoist operation allready; that is: the aircraft.cfg already contained a Sling section, needed to use hoisting.
    My hoist gauge just makes all hoist system data (like the status, object attached or not, cable extension, etc) visible in a seperate 2Dwindow, which is auto-open/closed when you open/close the hoist doors.
    Plus: when opening the hoist doors, a new camera view is opened automatically (this camera view itself was also defined already in basic Rel2)

As to the Radar/Fuel/etc. gauge: its just an aid that that lets you auto-track AI aircraft (incl. a tanker aircraft for inflight refuelling) or AI carriers.
    But if you don't use it, it doesn't change the behavior of basic Rel2.

Rob

PS: It's just a rework of the addon I made for Rel1 of this MV22B, which many people seem to like...
    I installed this change and noticed that the thing will not do a VTOL just a stol. I reverted to the basic V2 and was able to get the Vtol to working again. (P3D V3.4)
    With the basic V2, sometimes on a VTOL landing the plane will tilt or roll to the left and crash - very sensitive to lateral movements. Don't know if the addon change had anything
    with a no VTOL situation. All I know, when I reverted to the old basic V2, I can do a VTOL. It might be something I did/didn't do correctly with the addon installation or a coincidence
    or one of the new files in the rcb gauges.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I installed this change and noticed that the thing will not do a VTOL just a stol. I reverted to the basic V2 and was able to get the Vtol to working again. (P3D V3.4)
    With the basic V2, sometimes on a VTOL landing the plane will tilt or roll to the left and crash - very sensitive to lateral movements. Don't know if the addon change had anything
    with a no VTOL situation. All I know, when I reverted to the old basic V2, I can do a VTOL. It might be something I did/didn't do correctly with the addon installation or a coincidence
    or one of the new files in the rcb gauges.
    I'm very sorry, and I am really trying to be helpfull.
    But English is not my native language and allthough I hardly ever have problems understanding what US/English-speaking people are trying to explain, neither this post or your previous post #324 makes any sense to me.
    For me to help, you have to be very explicite in what you changed, what works and what doesn't work.

""
    I installed this change and noticed that the thing will not do a VTOL just a stol.
    ""
    Do you mean that you cannot do a vertical Takeoff anymore with nacelles at 90 degrees ??
    If so: this makes me wonder if you aren't using the wrong panel.cfg file I included.

From my README:
    ""
    Simularly to the MV22B Rel2 package, 2 versions of the panel.cfg are included:
    oo panel64-addon1.cfg, for P3Dv4.* (64bit). Rename this to panel.cfg for usage in P3Dv4
    oo panel32-addon1.cfg, for 32bit sim versions. Rename this to panel.cfg for usage in FSX-Accel/SE and P3Dv2/3
    "
    Now, if you accidentally are using
    panel64-addon1.cfg
    as new panel.cfg in P3D3.4 , this would explain the problem you have.
    And if so: sorry, I couldn't have explained it more clearly.

If this isn't the problem .....:
    You say that ""
    I reverted to the basic V2 and was able to get the Vtol to working again.
    ""
    What did you exactly do in "reverting to the basic V2" ??

And then this comment:
    ""
    With the basic V2, sometimes on a VTOL landing the plane will tilt or roll to the left and crash - very sensitive to lateral movements. Don't know if the addon change had anything with a no VTOL situation.
    ""
    Has nothing to do with my addon and the new VSTOL gauge; just confuses things, and has no relation to your VTOL problem.
    If you feel that this aircraft is too sensitive in crashing at too high lateral speed at touchdown: please quantify what the lateral speed is, and in which circumstances (flat surface, or sideways on a hill, crosswinds, etc ) this happens.

Regards, Rob

On Board USS BonHomme Richard LHD6

I have the Basic V2 installed and backed up (Winzip) just in case things get messed up (again). - P3D V3.4 -

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I have the Basic V2 installed and backed up (Winzip) just in case things get messed up (again). - P3D V3.4 -

Good screenshots, but you know Haze Gray Studios has a lot of USN amphibs out - and, and is working on MV-22 scenarios, right?

[QUOTE=gray eagle;1125767]I have the Basic V2 installed and backed up (Winzip) just in case things get messed up (again). - P3D V3.4 -

Hi Gray Eagle,

I like your screenshots!

But, just a suggestion, in P3D v.3.4 activating Settings/Lighting/Enable Terrain to Receive Shadows and then selecting which Object Type casts or receives shadows may make it easier to see that the MV22B is actually sitting on the deck.

Of course these selections may/will impact your screen-rate, so depending on your processor speed and your graphics card, a balance may have to be made.

Please don't take this as a criticism - it's just a suggestion...!
    Cheers,

Mark

Well, I hate to do it (because I am probably missing something simple) but I am going to have to ask for some help. I cannot, for the life of me, get the nacelles to rotate. I have spent the last several hours trying to no avail. I have recently had to do a clean reinstall of Win 10 and P3D4.1, though I am not sure why that would have anything to do with it. I had it working beautifully under Win10/P3Dv4.1 prior to the reinstall.

The battery, APU, and avionics are on, the Auto-Nacelle switch is in "arm" rather than "act" (tried it both ways actually) mode and engines will start just fine, thrashing through the ramp surface of course. I know that the nacelles are supposed to rotate using aileron trim keys, which I have custom set to the "x" (left) "c" (right) keys. Default in P3dv4.1 is control+4 (left) and control+6 (right) and I have tried it both ways. Still no luck.

Finally, I have been through the manual at least a half-dozen times and have not been able to find an answer to this, but keep in mind I am mildly dyslexic so I might have missed something (see above comment :-).

This is one gorgeous piece of work gentlemen, and I would truly like to get it going again so I can continue my training.

Thanks in advance for any help.

wellis

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    Well, I hate to do it (because I am probably missing something simple) but I am going to have to ask for some help. I cannot, for the life of me, get the nacelles to rotate. I have spent the last several hours trying to no avail. I have recently had to do a clean reinstall of Win 10 and P3D4.1, though I am not sure why that would have anything to do with it. I had it working beautifully under Win10/P3Dv4.1 prior to the reinstall.

The battery, APU, and avionics are on, the Auto-Nacelle switch is in "arm" rather than "act" (tried it both ways actually) mode and engines will start just fine, thrashing through the ramp surface of course. I know that the nacelles are supposed to rotate using aileron trim keys, which I have custom set to the "x" (left) "c" (right) keys. Default in P3dv4.1 is control+4 (left) and control+6 (right) and I have tried it both ways. Still no luck.

Finally, I have been through the manual at least a half-dozen times and have not been able to find an answer to this, but keep in mind I am mildly dyslexic so I might have missed something (see above comment :-).

This is one gorgeous piece of work gentlemen, and I would truly like to get it going again so I can continue my training.

wellis
    Hi Wellis,
    Im in no way a good troubleshooter, so pardon my short reply. But one small thing i can think of is setting the "repeat" slider half-way in the buttons/keybinding settings. Does your key bindings for aileron trim work for other aircraft in the sim at least?

Nacelle movement

I can only speak for FSX on my end using the 32bit panel.cfg but even sitting on the ground in a cold and dark state I can press the buttons on my joystick that I programmed to correspond to the Numpad4 and 6 keys (aileron trim) and the nacelles move fine. Auto-Nacelle switch in "arm"position with the battery on, the nacelles move to the proper up position past 45 degrees before engine start. I have the sliders for the joystick buttons move to the far right.

Numlock key not on, is it?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you gentlemen. I will fiddle with it some more this morning and get back. wellis

wellis
    A few questions:
    1. Did you manually click the Auto-Nac butttom to "Arm" or did it show "arm" after flight load ??
    The latter would indicated an initialisation errror of the VSTOL gauge, but Ive never heard of this in P3Dv4.

2. Are you using the standard panel.cfg delivered in the package (which is for P3Dv4), or have you changed it ??

3. What is the load position of nacelles ?? (as shown in the PDF nacelles indicator)

4. If you stop both engines and wait untill the proprotors have fully stopped rotating (look in Spotplane view), can you still not move the nacelles all the way from 0 to 97 and back ??

5. Can you assign other keys (preferably not on the numpad) to ailerons trim left/right, and see if that helps ??

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    A few questions:
    1. Did you manually click the Auto-Nac butttom to "Arm" or did it show "arm" after flight load ??
    The latter would indicated an initialisation errror of the VSTOL gauge, but Ive never heard of this in P3Dv4.

2. Are you using the standard panel.cfg delivered in the package (which is for P3Dv4), or have you changed it ??

3. What is the load position of nacelles ?? (as shown in the PDF nacelles indicator)

4. If you stop both engines and wait untill the proprotors have fully stopped rotating (look in Spotplane view), can you still not move the nacelles all the way from 0 to 97 and back ??

5. Can you assign other keys (preferably not on the numpad) to ailerons trim left/right, and see if that helps ??

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

1. Yes, I manually clicked "arm/act". But I just tried it again from the beginning. After I turn on the APU, battery and avionics and go to look at Auto-Nac it is in "arm" mode at the outset. So perhaps the initialisation error?

2. I used the standard panel delivered with the package as optimised for P3Dv4. No changes made

3. The machine is on the ramp engines off and the nacelles are in the horizontal position both in the outside view and on the PFD nacelles indicator.

4. I should point out that the flight I load is "cold and dark". But I just tried starting the engines, letting them run a bit, then shutting them down and keying the aileron trim keys I set up ("x" and "c") for the purpose of this model.

I also tried loading a flight with engines running then shutting them down and tried the nacelles.

Still no luck though.

@wellis Nacelle movement

You set the x and c key for aileron trim keys and you are holding the keys down and trying both keys to get them to move. No problem with the keyboard and repeating letters quickly when holding them down?

Just double-checking. x and c replaced CTRL+Numpad4 and Ctrl+Numpad6 for aileron trim left and right?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    You set the x and c key for aileron trim keys and you are holding the keys down and trying both keys to get them to move. No problem with the keyboard and repeating letters quickly when holding them down?

Just double-checking. x and c replaced CTRL+Numpad4 and Ctrl+Numpad6 for aileron trim left and right?

correct on all fronts sir...

Osprey build/develop mainly in P3D v4. I have no issue with initialization, let do some check:
    1. load normal and not from saved flight, watch is engine start, propeller not spinning, screen display ON and nacelles at 45 degrees
    2. try load from existing aircraft.i.e. load default aircraft with engine on, avionic on then swap wit Osprey, and watch things I describe in no. 1.
    3. if you use save flight, you can do reload. this actually issue in FSX, but worth to try.

I assume we use default Osprey Rel 2.0
    Maryadi

correct on all fronts sir...
    Your answers to questions 1. and 4. means that my Vstol gauge isnt loaded or working , and has nothing to do with your assignments to aileron trim functions.
    Because if you see the proprotors rotating when engines are on, while the nacelles are at 0 degrees it means that the dll is working, but the Lvars it uses (as set by my gauge) are not set.

That said: I dont have a clue why ... Never heard of such a problem before.
    The only thing I can suggest is to remove the entire MV22b folder, redownload the package and reinstall it ..
    Maybe something got corrupted
    Sorry, but I'm out of other ideas ....

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    Osprey build/develop mainly in P3D v4. I have no issue with initialization, let do some check:
    1. load normal and not from saved flight, watch is engine start, propeller not spinning, screen display ON and nacelles at 45 degrees
    2. try load from existing aircraft.i.e. load default aircraft with engine on, avionic on then swap wit Osprey, and watch things I describe in no. 1.
    3. if you use save flight, you can do reload. this actually issue in FSX, but worth to try.

I assume we use default Osprey Rel 2.0
    Yes sir, Osprey Re. 2.0

Well I thank you both for your attempts. I re-downloaded and re-installed. I tried Kalong's suggestions, both item 1 and 2, as well but still no luck.

Odd thing is, it was working fine in my previous installation of P3Dv4.1 but I had a crash for other reasons and had to do a clean re-install of my OS (Windows 10) and re-install P3Dv4.1. It was after this that I encountered this problem, so who knows.

Perhaps I will eventually get it sorted out.

In the meantime, I must tell you again that this is one fine piece of workmanship, and during the period I was able to use it, I found it to be very absorbing and enjoyable.

wellis

please double check if there any Rob gauge on sim gauge folder, some guy report previously that, he/she has no VTOL (include nacelles not working) because he/she has another Rob gauge on gauge folder. after remove/delete Rob VTOL gauge from gauge folder, the Osprey work fine.

Well I thank you both for your attempts. I re-downloaded and re-installed. I tried Kalong's suggestions, both item 1 and 2, as well but still no luck.
    which is work and which is not working? Osprey is combine gauge between VTOL and dll gauge, so I need clearly what happen in your system. even I assume nacelles still not working, I just not sure.
    Maryadi

please double check if there any Rob gauge on sim gauge folder, some guy report previously that, he/she has no VTOL (include nacelles not working) because he/she has another Rob gauge on gauge folder. after remove/delete Rob VTOL gauge from gauge folder, the Osprey work fine.

which is work and which is not working? Osprey is combine gauge between VTOL and dll gauge, so I need clearly what happen in your system. even I assume nacelles still not working, I just not sure.

Yay! Thank you and Rob both for sticking with me on this. Yes, Maryadi I had another set of Rob's VTOL gauges associated with the Virtavia MV-22 I had on my computer prior to my crash. Worked well enough, but not in the same class as your model. At any rate, I had removed the model itself but forgot about the gauge set in the sim gauge folder. Took it out and your model works fine.

Again, thank you very much. All is good now. :-)

wellis

I think its working fine in p3dv4.1 however i can not for the life of me to get the Autopilot to engage

Hi Jeansy, make sure nacelles at 0 degrees position to make autopilot work.
    Maryadi

Hi Jeansy, make sure nacelles at 0 degrees position to make autopilot work.

cheers I will double check tonight if that was my failing

Yay! Thank you and Rob both for sticking with me on this. Yes, Maryadi I had another set of Rob's VTOL gauges associated with the Virtavia MV-22 I had on my computer prior to my crash. Worked well enough, but not in the same class as your model. At any rate, I had removed the model itself but forgot about the gauge set in the sim gauge folder. Took it out and your model works fine.

Again, thank you very much. All is good now. :-)

wellis
    Ahhhh ... forgot about that one .
    The cause of the problem is the changed search order in P3Dv4, so it might find another gauge with the same name.
    Which is what happens with you.....
    Anyway, glad its solved .....
    Fortunately Maryadis memory is better then mine, but then ... he's a lot younger then me ....LoL ...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    cheers I will double check tonight if that was my failing
    Isn't there also a minimum airspeed or altitude necessary for the autopilot to engage?
    I can't remember the details and I'm not at my computer so can't check in Maryad's manual...
    Cheers,

Mark

IIRC you have to be above 500'MSL (I think) to engage the AP. I don't recall there is an airspeed limit, but when you think about it, to be above 500' (AGL or MSL) and have the nacelles at 0°, you're gonna have some sort of airspeed, or you won't be above 500' for very long!

Have fun!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Could be interesting for the one or other.

I just saw a very interesting documentation about the V 22 Osprey on
    a german website www.welt.de.
    Documents the laborious way of developing of
    the V 22 Osprey with all its setbacks.

https://www.welt.de/mediathek/dokume...er-Luefte.html
    was about 50 min in german language and is to see for the next 24 days.

and one on youtube 45 min in english
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IqoOCJ8QTU

Members who have read this thread: 5