Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 12
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2456789101112131415161718192022 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

thanks for report, it use indicated airspeed, KIAS though different, I'll check again.

yes, I still intend to do the tanker, just tight work here in my side.
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Mark,
    No need to wait for my new addon.
    Hoist operation works exactly with or without my new addon.; with command like CNTL-U, O, J en K keys.
    You only need to have the hoist doors opened, with the switch on the Overhead panel. See flight manual section 6.1.5.2 .

What my new addon adds for hoist operation:
    - Auto-opening of a new view window with the hoist camera.
    - A display gauge with a lot of extra info on hoist status , RadioHeights, etc..

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Still waiting for your new addon!

With Rel2 in P3D 3.4.18, I can show a load, open the hoist door and hover over the load, but no way can I make the hook/cable appear.

Hope you're not having trouble putting the finishing touches to the addon...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rel2 Hovering over load.jpg  
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by kalong View Post
    thanks for report, it use indicated airspeed, KIAS though different, I'll check again.

yes, I still intend to do the tanker, just tight work here in my side.

Thanks, Maryadi! Really appreciate your great work!!

Seawing

Mark,
    Did you hit CTRL+U and wait at least 10-15 seconds?
    Did you then hit J twice?
    You may not see the cable, but it may still lower. If you wait a bit after hitting J, can you then pick up the load? In other words, do you wait long enough for the cable to, for sure, make it to the ground, and then stop it (hit J once again), and try dragging it around the load a bit, to see if it grabs ahold?

Just a couple thoughts...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

just thought as I not yet setup to pick up load.
    I experiencing cable not show and some times show in P3D v4. I just thinking to add a model that show/hide when cable extend in 2-4 feet long, there would be couple complexity for that cable animation.
    let see if Rob has another suggestion

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vlcsnap-4487-07-03-07h05m28s381.jpg  
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Mark,
    Did you hit CTRL+U and wait at least 10-15 seconds?
    Did you then hit J twice?
    You may not see the cable, but it may still lower. If you wait a bit after hitting J, can you then pick up the load? In other words, do you wait long enough for the cable to, for sure, make it to the ground, and then stop it (hit J once again), and try dragging it around the load a bit, to see if it grabs ahold?

Just a couple thoughts...
    Pat☺
    Pat,
    Yes, I've tried Ctrl-U, waiting many seconds, then hitting J several times but no cable. It used to be clearly visible in FSX with Rel2 and was no bother attaching to the load.

It seems to me to be a 'feature' of the Rel2/P3D combination.

Has anyone else struck this problem? I'd be glad to know!

Meanwhile, we await Rob's new addition to Rel2...
    Cheers,

Mark

just thought as I not yet setup to pick up load.
    I experiencing cable not show and some times show in P3D v4. I just thinking to add a model that show/hide when cable extend in 2-4 feet long, there would be couple complexity for that cable animation.
    let see if Rob has another suggestion

Hi Maryadi,

That explains my inability to pick up loads in P3D 3.4.18 - if you haven't yet set that up.

I hope you can overcome the complexity!

BTW, nice shot of the real load being attached to the cable. The Osprey is only a few feet above ground.
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Pat,
    Yes, I've tried Ctrl-U, waiting many seconds, then hitting J several times but no cable. It used to be clearly visible in FSX with Rel2 and was no bother attaching to the load.

It seems to me to be a 'feature' of the Rel2/P3D combination.

Has anyone else struck this problem? I'd be glad to know!

Meanwhile, we await Rob's new addition to Rel2...
    in Rel 2.0, sling load to make it work only need to open bottom door, after door open, everything would work and use by default.
    Maryadi

Hi Maryadi,

That explains my inability to pick up loads in P3D 3.4.18 - if you haven't yet set that up.

I hope you can overcome the complexity!

BTW, nice shot of the real load being attached to the cable. The Osprey is only a few feet above ground.
    what mean I didn't setup is I didn't set the load model to do visually pick load, fly and put it in another place, so I can't do pick up any load. for sling load it would work, as I mention previous post.
    Maryadi

in Rel 2.0, sling load to make it work only need to open bottom door, after door open, everything would work and use by default.
    what mean I didn't setup is I didn't set the load model to do visually pick load, fly and put it in another place, so I can't do pick up any load. for sling load it would work, as I mention previous post.
    Maryadi,

I think I may be confusing 'load' and 'sling load'. What is the difference between them?
    Cheers,

Mark

Maryadi,

I think I may be confusing 'load' and 'sling load'. What is the difference between them?
    Here's a screen grab showing what is happening There's no cable in view even after Ctrl-U and J are hit (as Pat said).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MV-22 showing load on ground.jpg  
    Cheers,

Mark

Here's a screen grab showing what is happening There's no cable in view even after Ctrl-U and J are hit (as Pat said).

load = that yellow model
    sling load = the cable.

I didn't setup any load in my Sim, so I can't do sling load.
    as I said, sometimes cable appear in P3D v4, other timer no cable show.
    I not make detail test for sling load. I have gauge to monitor sling load parameter ( it present on release 1.0 - blue gauge), when do sling load extend variable as parameter said 100%, there a cable (sometimes). I have no load to test it. so I don't know hook catch/hook on for load. it better to wait Rob.
    Maryadi

Hoist/sling

Hi Guys,

I have a lot of remarks/additions on these above posts regarding sling/hoist, but I have no time right now to reply in-depth.
    I'll respond in detail in a day or two.

Two things though to realise ...
    1. As Microsoft defined/implemented it in FSX-Accell ( and is now in P3D).
    - Sling operation: applies to a fixed cable with fixed length, hanging underneath an aircraft.
    - Hoist operation: applies to a hydraulic hoist system where you can lower/raise a cable.

2. For hoist operation: if your PC doesn't visuallly show a cable (in spotplane view) where it should, or shows a cable where it shouldn't: this may be just a visual problem..
    Meaning: even if the cable isn't visible in spotplane view, the hoist system might still work as intended.
    All of the above posts just state the cable isn't visible; but that doesn;t mean the Hoist system isn't working functionally

Rob

Hi Guys,

I have a lot of remarks/additions on these above posts regarding sling/hoist, but I have no time right now to reply in-depth.

- Sling operation: applies to a fixed cable with fixed length, hanging underneath an aircraft.
    - Hoist operation: applies to a hydraulic hoist system where you can lower/raise a cable.

2. For hoist operation: if your PC doesn't visuallly show a cable (in spotplane view) where it should, or shows a cable where it shouldn't: this may be just a visual problem..
    Meaning: even if the cable isn't visible in spotplane view, the hoist system might still work as intended.
    All of the above posts just state the cable isn't visible; but that doesn;t mean the Hoist system isn't working functionally

Rob
    Hi Rob,

Even with no cable visible in spot view, I have tried flying slowly across the load after hitting Ctrl-U, waiting 10-15 seconds and then hitting J repeatedly, so that if the cable, though invisible, is hanging it will catch the load and lift it when the a/c climbs.

But the cable/hook does not catch the load. I have tried this several times with the same results.

Hence my suggestion that there seems to be a conflict between Rel2 and P3D (at least the version I am using: v.3.4.18) that prevents a load being hoisted.

No no doubt you'll have fixed this when your Addon is released. I am in no hurry to hear your 'in depth' reply!
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi Rob,

Even with no cable visible in spot view, I have tried flying slowly across the load after hitting Ctrl-U, waiting 10-15 seconds and then hitting J repeatedly, so that if the cable, though invisible, is hanging it will catch the load and lift it when the a/c climbs.

But the cable/hook does not catch the load. I have tried this several times with the same results.

Hence my suggestion that there seems to be a conflict between Rel2 and P3D (at least the version I am using: v.3.4.18) that prevents a load being hoisted.

No no doubt you'll have fixed this when your Addon is released. I am in no hurry to hear your 'in depth' reply!
    Mark,
    If you PM me your Email address, I will mail you a test gauge tomorrow, so you can read out the exact state of the hoist system on your system and report back.
    So we can establish if this is just a visibility problem or something else.
    Personally I don't think this has anything to do with the MV22B Rel2 ....., but you never know

What you can try in the mean time:
    Just add the [sling] section from the MV22B aircraft.cfg to the aircraft.cfg of an other aircraft (like a cessna) and try the hoist in that aircrfat.
    No need to get airborne, just have it sit on the runway and see if the cable visually appears after a CNTR-U followed by 2 J commands.

Rob

Any interest in these ? , I added lots of details etc etc .

Bill
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flewpastu View Post
    Any interest in these ? , I added lots of details etc etc .

Bill
    Please, the more the merrier.

What you can try in the mean time:
    Just add the [sling] section from the MV22B aircraft.cfg to the aircraft.cfg of an other aircraft (like a cessna) and try the hoist in that aircrfat.
    No need to get airborne, just have it sit on the runway and see if the cable visually appears after a CNTR-U followed by 2 J commands.

Rob
    Did anyone for which hoist isn't working, try this ??

+1000 on those and the more dirty/used the better (22s are in high demand now).
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

ok Ill upload them tonight, unfortunately I accidently somehow screwed up one of the PSD files (badan file) , it has all the added details (rivits,lines,shadows) that I worked for over a week . Too much to redo Im afraid . it kinda took the wind out of my sails after that. Ill probably redo it AGAIN cause this thing is fun to paint, I just don't know when ? . There are 2 or 3 I would like to do but we will see

Bill

ok Ill upload them tonight, unfortunately I accidently somehow screwed up one of the PSD files (badan file) , it has all the added details (rivits,lines,shadows) that I worked for over a week . Too much to redo Im afraid . it kinda took the wind out of my sails after that. Ill probably redo it AGAIN cause this thing is fun to paint, I just don't know when ? . There are 2 or 3 I would like to do but we will see

Bill
    Thank you so much for doing them! Please work on your own schedule, I wish I had time to repaint Growlers - especially AI ones!

They are uploaded , under FSX Aircraft/FSX Military Props. Its probably not the right category ? Enjoy and let me know how you guys and gals like them

Bill

Bill
    Sorry to hear it Bill.
    I look forward to seeing the second repaint. The amount of added detail I saw on the first repaint pushed up the reality bar pretty high..!

It’s no problem Tony, I’ll get back to it, the vmm365 was my 2nd repaint that I was gonna send you, I didn’t know if you got the anniversary repaint on the jayhawk ? . If the reviews are positive on these repaints then I’ll redo the 1st PSD file and repaint 3 or 4 more .

Bill

Hi Guys,

Rob
    Hi Mark,

I just Emailed you the Test gauge with instructions.
    Please try it and let me know what happens with you ....

And in general, as to my remarks about the Hoist system implementation in FSX/P3D (apart from the cable-display problem).
    I find it's implementation rather buggy resp. limited (as if the Aces team suddenly had to stop implementation because of release time-pressure) , for a number of reasons:

1. In the [Sling] section of the aircraft.cfg, you can define which Exit should be opened automatically if you extend the Hoist arm (with CTRL-U).
    Which is fine.
    But if you don't specify an Exit, it uses Exit-0 as default.
    Meaning that it always requires one door to be opened, otherwise the Hoist system won't work.

2. The fixed concept using a Hoist arm.
    This is probably correct for a Helicopter, where you should extend an Hoist arm through a sidedoor .
    But makes no sense for an aircraft (like the V22) with a hoist system through bottom doors ...

3. After the Hoist arm is extended with CTRL-U, you need to give one J command (Lower cable) to set the cable to it's initial position (length becomes 0)
    Which makes the cable visibly extended (1 feet or meter ?).
    However, when you now retract the Hoist arm, the cable stays extended and always visible.
    There is no way to visibly hide the cable again whilst in that flight ....

4. In the aircraft.cfg, you can define a payload station to which the weight of a hoisted object is added, increasing the total weight of the aircraft.
    By itself, that works fine.
    However, adding the object's weight shouldn't be done when
    you load an attached object "into" the aircraft, but when it's attached to the hook and lifted off the ground.
    So: quite unrealistic now wrt. adding weigth.

5. Definition of cable forces that will break the cable when exceeded.
    Very unrealistic now.
    Maybe the algoritm that calculates the cable forces works Ok by itself, but it's strongly influenced by the internal scheduling of FSX/P3D.
    Meaning that if you have a sudden drop in framerate "(spyke) for whatever reason (scenery loading, opening a new window, or whatever cause), the cable might break.
    EVEN if the weight of the attached object (as defined in it's sim.cfg) is only a few pounds.
    What's missing: a way to disable the cable breaking; like with disabling "CrashDetection" in FSX/P3D.

In short:
    Am I blaming MS for such a crummy implementation of a Hoist system in FSX (and therewith: P3D) ?
    NO, it's just what it is. And I have had (and still have) a lot of fun with it, as long as one realises these "limitations" and accept them.

It's just a matter of "expectations", and that's where I am disappointed.
    Because the "quality" of realisme of this Hoist system implementation is nowhere near the quality of the sim in most other aspects.
    And worse: there's no way of programming around these limitations , because it's all hard-coded in the sim (FSX/P3D).

Cheers, Rob

Members who have read this thread: 4