Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released - Page 11
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryadi's MV22B Osprey Rel2.0 released

Quote Originally Posted by freded View Post
    Hi Pat,

Thanks for that!

1. No. AICarriers isn't showing in P3D's Add-ons menu. But I have installed it under P3D root folder.

2. I've made a new copy of exe.xml under AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3, containing the complete path to AICarriers.

3. Only one AICarriers.exe is shown as running in Windows Task Manager.

So now I'm going to first reload the MV-22 in P3D and, if that isn't enough, close & re-open P3D and, if that doesn't do it, reboot the computer.

I'll re-post to tell you what worked - if anything!
    Pat,

It needed a reboot and then, lo & behold!, the load menu came up! Interestingly, the menu looks entirely different in P3D from what FSX shows. Much bigger and different format.

Of course, we'll have to wait for Rob to release his upgrade for Rel.2.

Patience, patience, dear souls!
    Cheers,

Mark

Pat,

It needed a reboot and then, lo & behold!, the load menu came up! Interestingly, the menu looks entirely different in P3D from what FSX shows. Much bigger and different format.

Of course, we'll have to wait for Rob to release his upgrade for Rel.2.

Patience, patience, dear souls!
    Mark,
    No need to wait for my new addon.
    Hoist operation works exactly with or without my new addon.; with command like CNTL-U, O, J en K keys.
    You only need to have the hoist doors opened, with the switch on the Overhead panel. See flightmanual section 6.1.5.2 .

What my new addon adds for hoist operation:
    - Auto-opening of a new view window with the hoist camera.
    - A display gauge with a lot of extra info on hoist status , RadioHeights, etc..

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    On a whole different subject, if I may ask, Maryadi, are there any plans to make the landing lights illuminate the ground? From the spot view, they look great, but no light on the ground. In the VC, naturally, the lights aren't visible, but again, no light on the ground, even when sitting on the ground.
    It would be extremely helpful when hovering to be able to get light illuminating the ground. Especially when coming into a landing, or looking at hoist loads. I tried using the normal key commands for adjusting the direction of landing lights, but nothing showed up, no matter how I adjusted them.
    Yes, I did make sure they were activated properly in the Lights Menu 2. And, as I said, they are visible when looking at the plane from the outside, they just don't illuminate anything.

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Pat☺
    I tested 2 month ago, I believe (not tested recently). landing light has illuminated on ground, it default illuminated. due to P3D V4 has dynamic light, landing light give better render than in FSX. unfortunately due to landing light it too close to the ground the illumination are very short, to get illumination I want, aircraft need to hover around 30 feet above ground.
    this my issue
    https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/th...d-help.441137/

for light control:
    if I make landing light as search and rescue light that controllable (direction), it would be only work for P3D v4(not implement yet) because of dynamic light.
    Maryadi

Ok, Maryadi, thanks for the prompt answer. I appreciate it.
    I was just wondering, because I saw that FSDeveloper post (I'm following that thread ), and the light is showing up, at least, in the pictures you posted. They are even illuminating the ground, albeit best at 30' AGL. On my system, though, they illuminate nothing. Not on the ground, not hovering at 30' or higher. Nothing.
    Must be just my system, or FSX:SE.

Thanks again for the quick answer. I do appreciate the help.
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I was just wondering, because I saw that FSDeveloper post (I'm following that thread ), and the light is showing up, at least, in the pictures you posted. They are even illuminating the ground, albeit best at 30' AGL. On my system, though, they illuminate nothing. Not on the ground, not hovering at 30' or higher. Nothing.

Pat☺
    if you using FSX, that the answer. the lighting in forum i sent the link is for P3D v4 as it has dynamic lighting. for FSX it would only have default light splash (like triangle) for landing light. in FSX there have no chance to control light splash.

this is landing light look like in FSX.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-1-25_14-42-17-443.jpg  
    Maryadi

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomP View Post
    Thanks Mark.
    Is it working for you?
    Cheers,

Mark

Hi Rob,

I'm using P3D v4.1.

I moved the model over to P3D v3.3, did the 32 bit exchange and the model responds perfectly normally to yaw inputs.

With the yaw rate, I think 18 is a good figure as with the wind conditions on the day of that display he was probably not against the yaw pedal stops.

As I do software engineering for a living I feel your frustration when these 'features' occur!

Still, much admiration for what you have achieved with this.

I tried the F-35B and that does about 15 degrees a second so it's unique to the Osprey.

Don't suppose there's any chance of dll with 100deg/sec to see if it also scales? Of course,if that works normally will be in for one hell of a ride!

Once again, very grateful for your help on this.

Andy

Pat☺
    Pat, same for me. They light up like a lightbulb but cast no light! I am in the process of trying a couple of Shockwave light effects to see if it will be better.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by andy277uk View Post
    Hi Rob,

I'm using P3D v4.1.

I moved the model over to P3D v3.3, did the 32 bit exchange and the model responds perfectly normally to yaw inputs.

With the yaw rate, I think 18 is a good figure as with the wind conditions on the day of that display he was probably not against the yaw pedal stops.

As I do software engineering for a living I feel your frustration when these 'features' occur!

Still, much admiration for what you have achieved with this.

I tried the F-35B and that does about 15 degrees a second so it's unique to the Osprey.

Don't suppose there's any chance of dll with 100deg/sec to see if it also scales? Of course,if that works normally will be in for one hell of a ride!

Once again, very grateful for your help on this.

Andy
    Hi Andy,
    Just Emailed you some other suggestions and a possibe fix (allthough I don't have a clue why it behaves so different on your PC, and only for this MV22B)
    Other then P3D finding/loading the wrong gauge version, but then you should have other problems too ...

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Pat, same for me. They light up like a lightbulb but cast no light! I am in the process of trying a couple of Shockwave light effects to see if it will be better.
    I don't have Shockwave (my lovely wife forbids ), but I do have just about every bloody freeware add-on light set there ever was. I can see if one works. I'll let you know...

"It's a FEATURE, darn it!"
    Webcomic quote. Sorry, it just seemed to fit so perfectly...

Maryadi,
    Don't think I'm complaining. Never never. This is such an amazing product, and FREEWARE. Hard to believe, but certainly very greatly appreciated. I was just wondering if I had done something wrong. Whether in the installation, or the operation of the plane, that caused me not to see the lights on the ground. I'm glad I'm not.
    Thank you SO much for this fantastic plane!

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I don't have Shockwave (my lovely wife forbids ), but I do have just about every bloody freeware add-on light set there ever was. I can see if one works. I'll let you know...

Pat☺
    I have tried, Pat......No go with trying to add a light in the [lights] section. Doesn't matter much since I don't try to do zero-dark-thirty landings. I'll rely on runway/airport lighting so I don't smash into the ground.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Here maybe these lights will work for a landing light,it's at least worth a try. https://translate.googleusercontent....5ZulB0PWh0MEZA

Quote Originally Posted by rcbarend View Post
    Mark,
    No need to wait for my new addon.
    Hoist operation works exactly with or without my new addon.; with command like CNTL-U, O, J en K keys.
    You only need to have the hoist doors opened, with the switch on the Overhead panel. See flightmanual section 6.1.5.2 .

What my new addon adds for hoist operation:
    - Auto-opening of a new view window with the hoist camera.
    - A display gauge with a lot of extra info on hoist status , RadioHeights, etc..

Rob
    Hi Rob,

I've got the Hoist Doors open and am hovering at 26 ft AGL, but Ctrl-U (waiting for 10 secs) and then J (twice) don't release the hook.

What should I check?
    Cheers,

Mark

"It's a FEATURE, darn it!"
    Webcomic quote. Sorry, it just seemed to fit so perfectly...

Maryadi,
    Don't think I'm complaining. Never never. This is such an amazing product, and FREEWARE. Hard to believe, but certainly very greatly appreciated. I was just wondering if I had done something wrong. Whether in the installation, or the operation of the plane, that caused me not to see the lights on the ground. I'm glad I'm not.
    Thank you SO much for this fantastic plane!

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Hi Pat,

I doesn't feel that a complain.
    just double check: you using FSX:SE, is other default aircraft can show light on ground? if it show and not in osprey that would something happen in Osprey. note: must everything is default (scenery, aircraft and effect)
    I checked on model, effect used is default (fx_landing).
    Maryadi

is other default aircraft can show light on ground?
    I willl check this right away. Good idea. I didn't think to look at other planes. More as soon as I can test...

must everything is default (scenery, aircraft and effect)
    Uh-oh. Well, there's my problem. I've add so many scenery's, and effects, to my FSX:SE I would have trouble getting it back to pure default, but I will try.

Again, I will let you know what I can figure out. Thanks very much for the advise!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I willl check this right away. Good idea. I didn't think to look at other planes. More as soon as I can test...

Uh-oh. Well, there's my problem. I've add so many scenery's, and effects, to my FSX:SE I would have trouble getting it back to pure default, but I will try.

Again, I will let you know what I can figure out. Thanks very much for the advise!
    Pat☺
    no need to pure default. i.e ORBX global still similar with default in texture, airport scenery you can use non upgrade scenery. for effect, this critical, make sure fx file is legit and it present (beside that you can check other aircraft, is it work or not)
    Maryadi

Hi Rob,

I've got the Hoist Doors open and am hovering at 26 ft AGL, but Ctrl-U (waiting for 10 secs) and then J (twice) don't release the hook.

What should I check?
    Sorry, I don't have a clue what could be wrong or what you mean with "don't release the hook".
    But I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with this Rel2 package, because it does nothing with the hoist system now.

You better wait then for my addon, because that displays exactly what the state of the hoist system is, and if/how it reacts to your commands, to diagnose it.
    Just have a few more days to release ....

Rob

Landing light test on the ground and hover

I took some screenshots of the test. One shot on the ground, one shot showing the light-splash on the ground and another with a more tilted nose down angle. Looks like everything is working A-OK!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Osprey landing lights.jpg   Light splash on the ground.jpg   More tilted down light splash.jpg  

I checked several of the default FSX:SE aircraft, at Honolulu Intl, and they all showed the landing light illuminating the ground as expected. But no ground illumination from the MV-22 Rel2. No big deal, just a small detail I noticed.

Thanks for all the help!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Sorry, I don't have a clue what could be wrong or what you mean with "don't release the hook".
    But I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with this Rel2 package, because it does nothing with the hoist system now.

You better wait then for my addon, because that displays exactly what the state of the hoist system is, and if/how it reacts to your commands, to diagnose it.
    Just have a few more days to release ....

Rob
    Thanks for that, Rob. By '... don't release the hook' I mean that the cable doesn't appear after Ctrl-U has been given 10+ seconds to act and J is pressed. I'm using P3D v.3.4.18 for this but can try the same thing in FSX to see if it releases the cable in that sim.
    Looking forward to your addon - it'll make the loading process so much easier!
    Cheers,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    I took some screenshots of the test. One shot on the ground, one shot showing the light-splash on the ground and another with a more tilted nose down angle. Looks like everything is working A-OK!
    I checked several of the default FSX:SE aircraft, at Honolulu Intl, and they all showed the landing light illuminating the ground as expected. But no ground illumination from the MV-22 Rel2. No big deal, just a small detail I noticed.

Thanks for all the help!
    Pat☺
    in osprey for landing light have 4 attached effect file:
    2 fx_landing.fx, for some reason the name of this fx_landing must kept as is to make light splash showing.
    2 file fx_mv22_landing1.fx and fx_mv22_landing2.fx is a rename from fx_landing.fx file and adjust size of light. it identical

I use fx_mv22_landing1.fx and fx_mv22_landing2.fx is for solution that I can't do anything with fx_landing.fx
    for user that have shockwave effect can do some experiment with the file (always backup first), just do renaming on file same as I mention above.
    if it have good result in FSX, so I can think to include controllable landing light as EMERG EGRESS (you can see there a switch on overhead). something to be note for FSX user, even landing light point to downward for hoisting purpose (if experiment above success) there would be no light-splash to object below it. for P3D v4 user has dynamic light and it should be work with light splash. this the plan, not implement yet.
    Maryadi

Hi Andy,

Got your PM... I will mail you a test gauge soon, with instructions how to add it.
    As to the rudder animation in the VC: yes, looks a bit odd ... but is known and can be explained. But has nothing to do with your problem.

As to the video: Yes, great to see.
    And the yaw rate looks a bit faster then what I implemented, but the perspective is also changing (camera zooms in, and the V22 has some forward speed).
    So it's hard to tell exactly.

Rob
    Rcbarend,

I believe I am having the same slow yaw. Compared to V1 and V2 night and day difference. V2 for me is extremely slow, 2-3 degrees/sec. Going to do a few more tests; maybe turning off TacPack, etc.

Also, I noticed that the deceleration rate is extremely slow for me when compared to V1. When I start to transition, the speed just continues at a slow 1-2 knots per second. Even if I'm moving along at 25-30 knts and I rotate back to 93 degrees, the speed just slowly drops at the same rate. In V1, I noticed the speed dropped off quickly when I transitioned, which is what I would expect. Now, it takes forever to slow down, even while transitioning and I either start like 5-10 miles out or have circle the field trying to bleed off speed. Between V1 and V2, I found V1's characteristics more plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by shortleash View Post
    Rcbarend,

I believe I am having the same slow yaw. Compared to V1 and V2 night and day difference. V2 for me is extremely slow, 2-3 degrees/sec. Going to do a few more tests; maybe turning off TacPack, etc.

Also in P3DV4.1 ???
    Yes, please test if you can find what might cause this difference. Because it definately is system-dependant.
    What other generic addons are you using ? (like Tacpack, Accu-feel, ??? ).
    Because some other addon seems to interfere with my yaw commands, making it roughly a factor 3.5 slower then intended (and as it is with Rel1 on FSX and P3Dv2/3).

Quote Originally Posted by shortleash View Post
    Also, I noticed that the deceleration rate is extremely slow for me when compared to V1. When I start to transition, the speed just continues at a slow 1-2 knots per second. Even if I'm moving along at 25-30 knts and I rotate back to 93 degrees, the speed just slowly drops at the same rate. In V1, I noticed the speed dropped off quickly when I transitioned, which is what I would expect. Now, it takes forever to slow down, even while transitioning and I either start like 5-10 miles out or have circle the field trying to bleed off speed. Between V1 and V2, I found V1's characteristics more plausible.
    Not sure if the same "some other addon" is causing this with Rel2 on P3Dv4 compared to Rel1 on non-P3Dv4, but here is how it's programmed in Rel1 and Rel2: (and how it works on my FSX-Accel system)

In Rel1:
    Decelleration after starting/during conversion, depends on actual speed and "target speed" (calculated based on nacelles setting and thrust), but maximised at 4 Knots/sec decelleration.
    Meaning:
    - If you decell in APLN-config to 140 Knots or so (idle throttle) and start the conversion by increasing nacelles at max rate (8 degrees/sec) to 90, decelleration is immediately 4 Knots/sec (even with nacelles at only 10 degrees and idle throttle.)
    So this decelleration is too fast at the start of the conversion IMO.

In Rel2:
    Decelleration after starting/during conversion, depends on actual nacelles angle and thrust, and maximised to 3.2 Knots/sec decelleration.
    Meaning:
    - If you decell in APLN-config to 140 Knots or so (using flaps, and idle throttle) and start the conversion by increasing nacelles at max rate (8 degrees/sec) to 90, decelleration starts at appr. 1.0 Knots/sec and increases to max. 3.2 Knots/sec (reached when nacelles are fully rotated to 90 degrees).
    IMO, more plausible then in Rel1, because it's a gradual increase in decelleration with increasing nacelles angle and thrust.
    - With nacelles at 85 - 95 degrees, decelleration from 30-40 Knots to 0 Knots is also 3.2 Knots/sec.

So Yes, decelleration is a bit lower then in Rel1 but not how you describe it.
    And what a realistic value is: you tell me .. LoL
    I do think that the algoritme I use in Rel2 is more plausibe, but maybe the max. decelleration should be 5-7 Knots/sec instead of 3.2; I don't have a spec. on that, so (like you) I'm just guessing.

But again, maybe some other addon is influencing this behavior (like with the yaw problem).
    I surely would like to know.

One other thing to realise:
    Are you comparing Rel1 on P3Dv2/3 or FSX-Accel (??) with Rel2 on P3Dv4.1 (??) ?
    If so: is the framerate about the same in these tests ??
    Just asking, because all my VSTOL-gauge timings (including accell/decell) assumes that the gauge is running at it's max. schedule time of 18 Hz.
    Iow; that your avg. framerate is appr. 17 or higher.
    Meaning that if you compare Rel1 flying in an environment at 18 fps or more, and Rel2 in another environment at 10-12 fps, you WILL see different behaviour !!

Rob

[QUOTE=rcbarend;1123910]Also in P3DV4.1 ???[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Yes, please test if you can find what might cause this difference. Because it definately is system-dependant.
    What other generic addons are you using ? (like Tacpack, Accu-feel, ??? ).
    Because some other addon seems to interfere with my yaw commands, making it roughly a factor 3.5 slower then intended (and as it is with Rel1 on FSX and P3Dv2/3).

Rob,

thank you for your detailed reply. sorry took so long to get back to you. My 4.1 install is fairly vanilla vice Tackpack, VRS FA-18E, Active Sky, and the MV-22. Reading your post, I have thought about my flying procedures for this model. Tried to fly it like Version 1. After I changed up my approach to the aircraft; how I fly it, when I transition, how far out, methods to bleed off speed I was have been able to more enjoy the flight model. I really do appreciate the detailed explanation.

I've kept the installation fairly basic. Have the entire Orbx suite per say with FTX Global, North/South California, Vector, and Pilots Mesh but haven't yet ventured into installing it again. With just the basic 4.1 scenery running max on mesh, texture resolution, etc and running autogen around dense, I've maintained 30 FPS, which is optimal. The question for me is all the eye candy of Orbx worth it. LOL

thank you for all you do for the community.

Hi Maryadi!

Finally had the chance to test Rel. 2! Great! Even better than Rel. 1 which was already quite outstanding!

I had one oberservation, though, in regards to the rear ramp. The manual says the lower part would retract at speeds over 200 KIAS or above 1000 ft AGL. Well, for me (in FSX-A) the 1000 ft work nicely, but I can fly with the lower ramp open at 220 KIAS or more (with the door switch in AUTO).

Oh, and do you still intend to do the tanker version?

Best regards,

Seawing

Members who have read this thread: 5