Aerosoft DC8

Thread: Aerosoft DC8

Aerosoft DC8

Has anyone else noticed that Aerosoft have now created a DC8 forum in the aircraft subforum, not previews past experiences normally indicate that the product is on finals for release

Am interested, and looks promising. A little "odd", too. Not any critique of (yet to be released model), as only the -50 will be represented - to my understanding.
    One of the hallmarks of the DC-8 (almost broke the company and contributed to the eventual marriage with McDonnell Aircraft), was all its varieties - dash 10 through dash 70(+). Having just one, although pretty "common" one at that, seems strange.

Will closely follow though.

Bill

Michael is the sole developer and has been at it for five or more years. Expecting more model variations from him would be foolish.

I am not too happy that he picked Aerosoft as a publisher. Was expecting an independent release, without the risk of using intrusive copy protection schemes.

Agree, and understand the scope has to be pretty specific, and attainable. Over-reaching is the biggest danger, especially with a one-person shop (CRJ anyone?). Can really cause bad effects to an otherwise good & noble effort. For what is promised however, it does look very good.

Independence does have its pro's, but likely use of a established publisher does have distribution economies/tailwinds.

Bill

Bjoern, thank you for giving him his due! I have been following his development for what seems like forever and it looks awesome!

Also consider that JustFlight already offers the entire range of DC-8s. I only know that the initial release wasn't all that great, but the aircraft reportedly got better over time due to input from former crewmembers.

Yes, Just Flights is pretty decent, especially visually, and yes the updates did, in fact, make it better. It covers most of the DC8 life-span (70 series PAX notably missing though). Clearly the amount of work into the AS effort is of note, so will be worth following.

Bill

Members who have read this thread: 0