JF: Stinson L-5 Sentinel released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JF: Stinson L-5 Sentinel released

JF: Stinson L-5 Sentinel released

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Very nice indeed! I wonder if AH would consider doing their version of a O-1 Bird Dog for FSX/FSX S/P3D ALL versions...?

....wink wink Bazzar!! LOL!

Looks like a must have for me
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Very nice indeed! I wonder if AH would consider doing their version of a O-1 Bird Dog for FSX/FSX S/P3D ALL versions...?

TIMMY

Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition required) & P3D v1/v2/v3/v4

A very nice offering indeed. I only had time for a quick trip around the patch before work, but it should provide plenty of fun exploring the far away wilderness and off airport excursions.

In regards to an O-1 Bird dog, Blackbox sim has a version for all platforms that includes wheel, tundra, float, and amphib.

Again a shame that a beautiful model is spoiled by lack of attention to detail and beta testing.

The fuel tank selector quadrant has both of the bottom quadrants labelled "both off" instead of the left one reading "both on".

There appears to be an unfinished lights configuration in the aircraft.cfg file and indeed I cannot get any lights to work apart from the vc light.

I have reported this to Just Flight.I am very disappointed that these lack of beta testing faults keep occuring between aeroplane heaven and just flight.It is time it was rectified once and for all.

Regards Chris

Regarding the fuel selector, one may wish to check out images of the wartime panel:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...inel/1395133/L

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Regarding the fuel selector, one may wish to check out images of the wartime panel:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untit...inel/1395133/L
    Yes, I located 5 cockpit shots of various L-5's in each one the labeling is the same (left On-Right on at the top. . .Bottom, both are labeled "Both Off).
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Blog Entries
    What a beauty...NICE!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Magoo and Falcon.Yes that is as maybe, but the flying instructions with the just Flight model says that the left bottom position is for "both on" which indeed it is, and I have been flying the aircraft with the tank selector on the left hand "both off" position!!!!!!

Cheers Chris

I love it! all lights working in my case and the modelling is superb!

My only criticism is the apparent size of the nav and position lights are way too big and look a bit too much like gold fish bowls. So if they could be reduced in size I would be 100% happy.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I love it! all lights working in my case and the modelling is superb!

My only criticism is the apparent size of the nav and position lights are way too big and look a bit too much like gold fish bowls. So if they could be reduced in size I would be 100% happy.
    +1 - agree 100 % with you Roger - great fun to fly this bird

Kind regards

Dirk

I've been anxiously awaiting the release of the Stinson. I purchased it this morning and have been flying about a half hour total now. It really exceeds my expectations. I like it an enormous amount. I wish to congratulate everyone involved in it's design and construction. I have one nagging question and it might be because I'm rather dense sometime, but does the thing not have a fuel quantity indicator? I have looked and can't find one, if I am simply overlooking it I'd appreciate someone pointing it out. I know the checklist says to put the fuel tank selector control to the fullest tank, but how am I supposed to know without leaving opening the Aircraft control and using the MS fuel and payload controls. I might someday fly the plane long enough to run out of fuel..........Am I the only one who cannot find the fuel gauge.

I continue to be a happy customer of Just Flight and AH models.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Magoo and Falcon.Yes that is as maybe, but the flying instructions with the just Flight model says that the left bottom position is for "both on" which indeed it is, and I have been flying the aircraft with the tank selector on the left hand "both off" position!!!!!!

Cheers Chris
    LOL...!!! That's really interesting!

Maybe that's something only known to experienced L-5 pilots. Kind of like the secret handshake that gets you into an exclusive club, only in this case it's the secret fuel tank selection......

Roger you say all lights working,I am using FSXA are you using P3d.

If so could you send me the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file.

Cheers Chris

I have always enjoyed the Sibwings Birddog, it's too bad they don't seem to be in business anymore. In the year before they closed up, they promised to make a "Tundra" model of the plane, they never got around to it. As someone who prefers Bush flying in Alaska, it would have made a good plane even better.
    It's hard to tell from the pictures, are the tires on this Stinson larger than what would be considered "Normal"?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Roger you say all lights working,I am using FSXA are you using P3d.

If so could you send me the lights section from the aircraft.cfg file.

Cheers Chris
    Hi Chris, I'm using FsXA Dx10.
    SYSTEM :

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Last beta I checked, all lights worked fine.. FsX:Steam in Dx9 mode.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Could one of you Ferry or Roger send me your Aircraft.cfg please.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    TIMMY

Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold or Steam Edition required) & P3D v1/v2/v3/v4
    My bad.. I thought SibWings Bird Dog did not work in P3Dv4..!?

My bad.. I thought SibWings Bird Dog did not work in P3Dv4..!?
    You have right, SibWings never did update of O-1 for 64bits or for any P3Dv1-3.
    It's a misunderstanding I suppose.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Sibwings does not, but black box simulations has a version of the bird dog for all platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    Sibwings does not, but black box simulations has a version of the bird dog for all platforms.
    I looked at the Sibwings Blackbox option, it really pales in comparison to this new Stinson. In my opinion, it just looks like an FS9 portover to FSX, ported over to P3D. It just looks very dated indeed, at least from the screenshots shown on their site. I would love to be wrong, but suspect this newer version, though not an O-1, is as close as we can get.

Apologies to Sibwings, yours does indeed look rather nice. I got confused between Blackbox and Sibwings. However, to avoid additional darts my way, I acknowledge many of you will disagree with my opinion and I should have just refrained from mine, so apologies overall for my injection.
    Last edited by strykerpsg; January 11th, 2018 at 16:07.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I looked at the Sibwings option, it really pales in comparison to this new Stinson. In my opinion, it just looks like an FS9 portover to FSX, ported over to P3D. It just looks very dated indeed, at least from the screenshots shown on their site. I would love to be wrong, but suspect this newer version, though not an O-1, is as close as we can get.
    Could not disagree with you more on that point. The Sibwings is a different aircraft and has a lovely VC and very nice exterior modeling. But it's horses of courses. ;-)
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I will second that, the Sibwings birddog is a fantastic model as in fact are all sibwings products.

You obviously never owned or flew the aircraft so really you are not in a position to pass an opinion in fact you seem to be passing an opinion based on a picture not a flight.

Cheers Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0