New members needed.....

Thread: New members needed.....

Hybrid View

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

New members needed.....

Things have gotten very quiet around here. Wish more visitors became members and participate more. I thought i was shy but love this site and being a member is great as i can learn so much more. I ask all you visitors to think of becoming a member. CFS3 is one of the best sim out there . This is a great place to learn and enjoy the company of like minded people. Join !!

Blog Entries
    If you like what you see why not become a member and post. Not only if you have trouble but if you can comment to threads. We need you.

Blog Entries
    Thank you to all members who contribute regularly. You make this site important and check it regularly because of you.

Do I hear preaching to the choir?

One of the things I started doing recently that might help is external promotion.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph.../7/screenshots

Nothing like showing people that CFS3 is not what it use to be to stir some renewed interest.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Blog Entries
    You are so right. I bring it up on Facebook and the "other" flight sim sites i go to.Some don't even know what CFS3 is. I talk about it at the IL-2 sites and think i may have a small impact. Enjoy both sims and crossovers would be nice. CFS3 does things IL-2 can't and vice versa. There is room for all and this is a great place to be. Check in here at least once or twice a day. Just hate seeing such a low member count. Regards,Scott

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi sixstrings5859,

A lot of people don't seem to want to participate/interact on the forum. This could be for any of a lot of reasons, like not being confident, or having strong views about avoiding joining up to online forums.

I agree that is a pity - some of the CFS3 files are downloaded hundreds (any thousands?) of times, and when I see that I think about what a shame it is we don't get to hear from so many consumers of the CFS3 addons. Every now and then somebody new comes along who contributes some amazing things (think amazing new shaders, or funky new models-BorekS). That is not to forget, of course, that in 2017 we have seen some fabulous new models from the "old hands" who seem to keep raising the bar every time they offer us underserving masses some luverly new model to trash in the virtual skies.

@MajorMagee, what a great initiative. I am sure it helps to reach new people to show them what CFS3 has become.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    Do I hear preaching to the choir?

One of the things I started doing recently that might help is external promotion.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph.../7/screenshots

Nothing like showing people that CFS3 is not what it use to be to stir some renewed interest.

Wow major... pics like that are almost as good as il2 cliffs of dover looks like...regarding Scott anguish i´m afraid il2 in its various incarnations almost killed CFS 3 . Flight models are spectacular, and there are tons of maps, historical skins, several mods and campaigns...

Perhaps WOTR release might renew some interest in this game. With ETO and Ankors shaders it looks unrecognizable from the original game.

All the best

Members who have read this thread: 0