P3Dv4 - Can I add and edit any new view?

Thread: P3Dv4 - Can I add and edit any new view?

P3Dv4 - Can I add and edit any new view?

Hi everybody,

just missing FSRecorder in v4 so far and I would like to ask if anybody know any programme or solution how to add and edit new views. With FSRecorder, it was quite easy to watch aircraft from different spotter views or enhanced Tower views.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Hi everybody,

just missing FSRecorder in v4 so far and I would like to ask if anybody know any programme or solution how to add and edit new views. With FSRecorder, it was quite easy to watch aircraft from different spotter views or enhanced Tower views.
    I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but JoinFS has a very nice recorder function. Playing back you can use any view you want. Here's a link:
    http://pmem.uk/joinfs/index.html
    Roy

I would be able to help you with a modified 'runway view' of your camera.cfg. With it you can place yourself everywhere you'd want while keeping your aircraft in view during replay (or 'real time' ). You can have as many different cameras that work like this as there are runways at a certain airport. Let me know if it sounds interesting to you.

cheers,
    jan

Thank you, guys!

@ Roy: I will try this prog for sure next days! Thanks.

@Jan: I think, this option may be wonderful for many of us. Maybe you can give us a small example how to edit a camera view by the user. Many will appreciate this because overshoots or aircraft flypasses sounds to hear will be a nice additional impression.
    Best regards, Manfred.

You might want to have a look at Chaseplane. Camera views have never been so easy to configure in my point of view.
    They are also incorporating a FSRecorder like function now.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thank you, Mark. Hmpf, $39 for a Beta isn't still a cheep solution just to add some spotter views

Just downloaded joinFS. Will have a try to see how it works in single mod and offline. Thanks all for hints and suggestions!
    Best regards, Manfred.

@Jan: I think, this option may be wonderful for many of us. Maybe you can give us a small example how to edit a camera view by the user.
    Ok, Manfred, it goes like this:

This camera mod replaces your default 'Facilities Runway' entry in your camera.cfg (usually [CameraDefinition.009] ). Also as usual make a copy of your original camera.cfg first and then replace your current " [CameraDefinition.009] Title = Facilities Runway" with this :

[CameraDefinition.009]
    Title = Facilities Runway
    Guid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}
    Description = This is the description of the runway view.
    Origin = Fixed
    InstancedBased = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    TargetCategory = Container
    Track = Track
    ShowAxis = Yes
    AllowZoom = Yes
    InitialZoom = 1.0
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Transition = No
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Runway
    CycleHideRadius = 7
    ClipMode = Spot
    CycleHidden=Yes

You now have entered virtual aircraft spotter's heaven..

Even better compared to a RW spotter's options because you can not only move around on the ground freely but also as high as you want above it. Very uplifting.

All the time your aircraft is kept in focus no matter during real time or during play back. You get started with selecting 'Views' from the main menu and then 'Change View/Runway' . You'll get a selection of available runways from airports in the vicinity or just the one you are at. Select the airport you are at and the runway your aircraft is on or close nearby. With 'View (next in current category)' , default key 'A' , you can quickly page thru all available runway views.

With the default 'move about key combo's' i.e. Ctrl/Shift/Enter/Back, you can move your camera anywhere you want. Ctrl/Space will stop camera movement. Shift/Enter moves the camera Up, Shift/Back moves it down.

You'll need a little practise first to get the hang of it. A good start might be to go to your fav airport and take off. Go into Instant-Replay and loop it. Remember the runway number and select it from the 'Views/Change View/Runway'. You are now in the vicinity of the beginning of your take-off runway. Use the 'move about' key combo's to place yourself at the exact spot you want along the runway. Set up another camera spot by hitting the 'A' key or select it from the menu. F.i. if your airport has 4 runways you can set up 4 camera's like this and watch your take-off from 4 different spots along the runway. Just like in the movies. ( change camera's with the 'A' key )

Btw, i bought Chaseplane a while ago and tried to setup something like this. I won't say that it doesn't have potential, certainly not, but i went back to my beloved 'Facilities Runway' mod very, very quickly....

cheers,
    jan

Thank you, Jan. I think that's what I was looking for! Will give it a try this weekend.
    Sure a lot of spotter here will enjoy your suggestion as well!
    Best regards, Manfred.

It's been a while, was a hefty influenca, but now I did some experiments with your custom entries. That's a good improvement, I only have an issue while trying to move my viewpoint with the key commands to left and right, it lasts half the day LOL.... Up and down went fine, also closer and further. Is there any chance to increase the speed by any entries change? But I have to say it's a great improvement anyhow!
    Best regards, Manfred.

It's been a while, was a hefty influenca, but now I did some experiments with your custom entries. That's a good improvement, I only have an issue while trying to move my viewpoint with the key commands to left and right, it lasts half the day LOL.... Up and down went fine, also closer and further. Is there any chance to increase the speed by any entries change? But I have to say it's a great improvement anyhow!
    Hi Manfred,

Excuse the late reply. For me it's been a while too.. In the mean time i broke my arm..

Please read this : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...camera-malaise

Are you on P3Dv4.2 too ??....

Does back- and forward movement work for you ?...

Cheers,
    Jan

Hi Jan,

hope you are fine again. Used your link and at first, nothing works regarding "cinematographer view". Did some disappointing experiments, but no success at all just in "spot view". But after changing into your advanced "RWY view", tataa - now the view changes by using the joystick axes! Forward as moving like a passenger, backwards also. Using the "Rz axes" of the joystick, even the altitude changes. Bravo !

But still one issue: Moving left or right is still moving like a snail. It's s small step to success, I think. It's just need to change any stearing command inside.
    Best regards, Manfred.

I'm sure it wasn't there before, but yesterday I found another option in the "views" pull down menu in P3Dv4. It's called "Observer Management" and contains some interesting options to add new observing points. I am not quiet sure how to manage it yet (currently I just can move with hold space key and mouse) and all values seems to be a little strange to me, but you can add new spotting points!!! But I can't find a way how to lock the view to the users aircraft...

Does anybody know about this section, please?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Cool

Manfred,

Jackieman found this :

[CameraDefinition.009]
    Title = Facilities Runway
    Guid = {607C4520-CA6F-4135-AE10-8BF28838068F}
    Description = This is the description of the runway view.
    Origin = Fixed
    InstancedBased = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    TargetCategory = Container
    Track = Track
    ShowAxis = Yes
    AllowZoom = Yes
    InitialZoom = 1.0
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    XyzRate = 50.00
    xyzAccelleratorTime = 0

Transition = No
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Runway
    CycleHideRadius = 7
    ClipMode = Spot
    CycleHidden=Yes

We're on the move again !

Alas, we're still seem to be stuck in a confined area of about 100 feet....

I fooled around with a bunch of params without any result ( of course..)

Still, it's a good start! Thanks Jackie! ;-)

Btw, i don't think "Observer Management" is going to help us here, Manschy...

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Manfred,
    Btw, i don't think "Observer Management" is going to help us here, Manschy...
    cheers,
    jan
    Jap, can confirm this meanwhile. The options seem to be too limited and confusing. Will have a look at Jackies parametres this evening. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Area of 100 feet? Maybe the value "xyzrate=50" ? What about change this into bigger radius, for example =500? Will check it this evening....
    Last edited by Manschy; May 24th, 2018 at 01:58.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Jap, can confirm this meanwhile. The options seem to be too limited and confusing. Will have a look at Jackies parametres this evening. Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Area of 100 feet? Maybe the value "xyzrate=50" ? What about change this into bigger radius, for example =500? Will check it this evening.
    xyzRate float Default: 0.25 The desired speed of the camera in meters per second. The direction of movement is determined by the camera control keys that are pressed.
    So this won't give us more room to move about neither ....

The complete camera.cfg signification is here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526984.aspx

The question is why we could travel our whole virtual world with this camera.cfg mod in P3Dv4.0, and fast too, ( and in FSX just the same of course) and only about 100 feet in P3Dv4.2.....

Your guess is as good as mine, Manschy

Cheeers,
    Jan

Maybe posting this as a possible bug thread in the LM forums would shed some light on this.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Worth a try, thanks Mark !

cheers,
    jan

We're on the move again !
    Nope, we're not.....

Ok in 'real time' but in Replay mode we're still stuck like a truck in the muck. Drat!

I followed Mark's suggestion and posted the problem at the LM forum, maybe something will turn up....

cheers,
    jan

Nope, we're not.....

Ok in 'real time' but in Replay mode we're still stuck like a truck in the muck. Drat!

I followed Mark's suggestion and posted the problem at the LM forum, maybe something will turn up....

cheers,
    jan
    Hey now!
    I've had an '87 4Runner simce '88. I've never gotten her stuck in the muck!
    My access road was colichi clay. Like the nice, red, Georgia clay that's so famous. On those rare, RARE occasions we got rain, it turned into muck slicker than greased goose-poopie on ice. I never had any trouble with it, other than trying to steer. Stick her in 4-low 3rd or 4th, and she would walk right through, no trouble! Only mods she had were second-over tires. Hell on gas mileage, but man, when things got slick, or deep, they rock.
    The sand down there off-road can really pull you down too, but that's not muck, so I'll leave the sand alone.

Still have that great little truck, too!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Members who have read this thread: 0