FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.

FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.

Milton Shupe

Staff Contributor

FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package uploaded.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...uder-Beta-v1-3

Still a few minor issues but nothing to warrant holding off a Beta test.

Read the docs. Paint kits available by Duckie.

Exterior textures feature Ferondoe's excellent works.

Should work fine in P3Dv4.

Thanks for your help in testing. Report any issues here.

Milton Shupe
    FS9 Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners My Uploads on SOH
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Nicely done Milton! What a fantastic aircraft! Ferondoe's paints are the cat's ass! Beautiful!
    Cheers!

The Old Master Sergeant

Downloading as I type!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

WOW!!!! Thanks to all involved. You guys amaze me producing projects like this better than payware.......

Thanks Milton and Team, great work. First flight off Iwo Jima very impressive. The aircraft is a marvel and the sound definitely the icing on the cake. The wait has been very much worth while.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Fabulous model Milton and team!

After a quick test, the [Views] eyepoint need shifting to the right a little to avoid seeing through the vc model walls when panning left. The modelled-in panel light is too weak to see the gauges at dusk.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Fabulous model Milton and team!

After a quick test, the [Views] eyepoint need shifting to the right a little to avoid seeing through the vc model walls when panning left. The modelled-in panel light is too weak to see the gauges at dusk.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Roger, thanks, I had not noticed the Viewpoint issue. I'll have a look at those "Dusky" gauges. :-)

EDIT: Fixed the eyepoint issue. Looking at the gauge backlighting. I have also brightened the gauges a bit but still need to add a little light around the cockpit for better visibility.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 8th, 2018 at 19:34.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

B26

Sir's, what can I say but THANK YOU! I have spent hundreds of dollars on planes for FSX and this is as good as any. I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    Sir's, what can I say but THANK YOU! I have spent hundreds of dollars on planes for FSX and this is as good as any. I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee
    Thank you Lee. Ferondoe's textures look really great on this model and there are many more textures in the library for this B-26. Check the links I provided or simply search the FSX skins for Marauder or B-26.

Sorry, none of the weapons are active; just there to be correct representations.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee
    Can make that happen!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

So I thought I'd be a smart guy & select a 7000' runway for my first take-off with full load out.......

......'Still managed to loosen a few roof tiles in the residential neighbourhood beyond.

It is fascinating to climb out in that state, and watch the airspeed slowly increase, and increase.....and relentlessly....increase.....until you realize that this machine is absolutely cooking along. (Most excellent slipstream rumble, Nigel!!)

It looks fast, it sounds fast, and (dang-it) give it a little time.....it is fast. (Right where you want to be when you cross into hostile airspace.....)

Give'er respect in the low speed regiment......and she'll reward you with an impressive high speed performance. If the virtual pilot is not totally familiar with this aircraft, peruse the fine documents that Milton has included. The pay off is sweet!

The B-26 of mythology lives right here, boys!

Beautifully sculpted poly's, menacingly impressive texture sets, a flight model that communicates the strict reality of the B-26, and a sound suite with enough muscle that you don't really need to look at the airspeed indicator....just listen to her talk, you'll know what's happening.

Milton & Company......this one's a real gritty & impressive sweetheart! Thank you all!!

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    So I thought I'd be a smart guy & select a 7000' runway for my first take-off with full load out.......

......'Still managed to loosen a few roof tiles in the residential neighbourhood beyond.

It is fascinating to climb out in that state, and watch the airspeed slowly increase, and increase.....and relentlessly....increase.....until you realize that this machine is absolutely cooking along. (Most excellent slipstream rumble, Nigel!!)

It looks fast, it sounds fast, and (dang-it) give it a little time.....it is fast. (Right where you want to be when you cross into hostile airspace.....)

Give'er respect in the low speed regiment......and she'll reward you with an impressive high speed performance. If the virtual pilot is not totally familiar with this aircraft, peruse the fine documents that Milton has included. The pay off is sweet!

The B-26 of mythology lives right here, boys!

Beautifully sculpted poly's, menacingly impressive texture sets, a flight model that communicates the strict reality of the B-26, and a sound suite with enough muscle that you don't really need to look at the airspeed indicator....just listen to her talk, you'll know what's happening.

Milton & Company......this one's a real gritty & impressive sweetheart! Thank you all!!
    Well I reckon that's about the nicest comment one could hope for.

We can thank Fliger747 for the flight model and Ferondoe for the textures, and Wellis for the panel and ECU textures.
    Of course, we know the sounds come from Nigel and are always impressive.

Tom put a lot of effort in the FM and we banged it around a lot to try to achieve the result. I really like it. :-)

Thanks

I will add that there are more great textures that have not yet been released, awaiting final release of this package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Another fabulous free add-on from a brilliant team. The On-Mark Invader can hold while I play with this beauty for a bit can't it!!??

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Keep in mind this is a Beta test release. Thanks for reporting any issues here so I can get any corrections handled and work towards a final release package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The only thing I did was to change the starter torque from 0.03347 to 0.13347 as I couldn't get them to start from the switches in the VC. (The FS9 version was doing the same thing.) I did notice being able to see through the walls when looking left but I just manually shifted my position as I do 100% of the time anyway. I did notice B-26 pilots did have the upper edge of the side window blocking their sight. Big blind spot if your making a left turn unless you bank enough to see out the upper window which is not advisable at base to final! Can't stress enough how awesome the sound set is on this!!!

Thank you for an already great addon!

Cees

Definitely a great aircraft! Thank you Milton and team(Dilly, Dilly)

Now since my $16 joystick crapped out after 6 years of abuse, I have some downtime to play around a little. Might as well shoot some stuff. You will need my

download in the Warbirds Library under FSX/Effects titled A-20G guns. You will need the 4 effects files and I will post my [lights] section that uses the

o (oh) key to fire.

[LIGHTS]

light.0 =3, -0.994, -35.1, 3.314, fx_navred // Left Upper wing Nav. light
    light.1 =3, -0.994, 35.1, 3.314, fx_navgre // Right Upper wing Nav. light
    light.2 =7, -3.161, 32.115, 2.614, fx_navred // bottom red fuselage recognition
    light.3 =7, -3.045, 33.156, 2.677, fx_navwhi // bottom amber fuselage recognition
    light.4 =7, -2.938, 34.125, 2.801, fx_navgre // bottom green fuselage recognition
    light.5 = 2, 25.20, 0.00, 0.00, fx_p40_cannon
    light.6 = 2, 27.00, 0.0, 0.00, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.7 = 2, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, ps_hellfire2
    light.8 = 2, 11.20, 2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.9= 2, 18.00, -2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.10 = 2, 17.00, 2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
    light.11 = 2, 11.20, -2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.12= 2, 18.00, 2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.13 = 2, 17.00, -2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
    light.14 = 2, 14.45, 0.00, -5.23, fx_police_alarm
    light.15 = 2, 11.20, 3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.16 = 2, 18.00, 3.92, 1.40, ps_hellfire2
    light.17 = 2, 11.20, -3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.18 = 2, 18.00, -3.20, 1.40, ps_hellfire2

Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks to all who worked on this... amazing.

Matt

Wow! You and team actually modeled the entire inside of the plane, from bombardier position to rear gunner position.
    Will you be adding more interior viewpoints, besides just the pilot's view, later on? I really like the view from the
    bombardier position.

Thanks a bunch for an excellent plane! - Rob

Model by Shupe and co, sound by Nigel and FM by fliger? What's not to like! Downloading...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Great stuff.....thanks, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Wow! You and team actually modeled the entire inside of the plane, from bombardier position to rear gunner position.
    Will you be adding more interior viewpoints, besides just the pilot's view, later on? I really like the view from the
    bombardier position.

Thanks a bunch for an excellent plane! - Rob
    You are welcome.

Yes, i will add camera views to the todo list.

Interior modeled but rather sparsely because of limitations on the FS9 side.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Link to the original project thread for those interested:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...lease-Beta-1-0
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Link to the original project thread for those interested:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...lease-Beta-1-0
    Thanks Milton and team
    Been waitin' for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Definitely a great aircraft! Thank you Milton and team(Dilly, Dilly)

Now since my $16 joystick crapped out after 6 years of abuse, I have some downtime to play around a little. Might as well shoot some stuff. You will need my

download in the Warbirds Library under FSX/Effects titled A-20G guns. You will need the 4 effects files and I will post my [lights] section that uses the

o (oh) key to fire.

[LIGHTS]

light.0 =3, -0.994, -35.1, 3.314, fx_navred // Left Upper wing Nav. light
    light.1 =3, -0.994, 35.1, 3.314, fx_navgre // Right Upper wing Nav. light
    light.2 =7, -3.161, 32.115, 2.614, fx_navred // bottom red fuselage recognition
    light.3 =7, -3.045, 33.156, 2.677, fx_navwhi // bottom amber fuselage recognition
    light.4 =7, -2.938, 34.125, 2.801, fx_navgre // bottom green fuselage recognition
    light.5 = 2, 25.20, 0.00, 0.00, fx_p40_cannon
    light.6 = 2, 27.00, 0.0, 0.00, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.7 = 2, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, ps_hellfire2
    light.8 = 2, 11.20, 2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.9= 2, 18.00, -2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.10 = 2, 17.00, 2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
    light.11 = 2, 11.20, -2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.12= 2, 18.00, 2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
    light.13 = 2, 17.00, -2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
    light.14 = 2, 14.45, 0.00, -5.23, fx_police_alarm
    light.15 = 2, 11.20, 3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
    light.16 = 2, 18.00, 3.92, 1.40, ps_hellfire2