FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded. - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Note to Milton: Pilots and gunners still visible with battery off. Guess they don't want to leave.

Note to Rick: Aluminum paint looks great, but I noticed that some of the VC textures are now aluminum as well. I fixed the compass, but not the sliding window frame. Not a big deal.

Love this plane.
    Thanks Warhorse, when I first did this work, there were NO interior texture at all. So, it's likely that some things might have to be edited by anyone who wants to merge these textures with the current build. THanks guys. My work load is too mhigh to come back to this project. But feel free to hit me up with questions if any.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Icon9 Failed Instruments

Many kudos and much respect to Mr. Shupe and his team for a contribution that is a joy and treasure to fly. So it is only with the best intentions of making a great airplane grand. I noticed on several occassions that after about thirty minutes or so flight, I would unexpectedly lose the artificial horizon and lose the ability to lower the flaps. I checked the suction gauge..plenty of that and plenty of hydraulic pressure on the gauge. Then on a nighttime flight I noticed also that the panel lights had extinguished. hmm.. As I have personally experienced this IRL, I referred back to the checklist and realized there is no mention of generators. Are they modelled, I pondered? By adding "electric always available" in the ac.cfg, that seems to have eliminated the gyro, the panel lights and the flap control issues. In my haste to enjoy this beast, did I overlook generator controls? Thank you for a jewel. I like it almost as well as the A-20 Havoc. That's my favorite. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by simtech View Post
    Many kudos and much respect to Mr. Shupe and his team for a contribution that is a joy and treasure to fly. So it is only with the best intentions of making a great airplane grand. I noticed on several occassions that after about thirty minutes or so flight, I would unexpectedly lose the artificial horizon and lose the ability to lower the flaps. I checked the suction gauge..plenty of that and plenty of hydraulic pressure on the gauge. Then on a nighttime flight I noticed also that the panel lights had extinguished. hmm.. As I have personally experienced this IRL, I referred back to the checklist and realized there is no mention of generators. Are they modelled, I pondered? By adding "electric always available" in the ac.cfg, that seems to have eliminated the gyro, the panel lights and the flap control issues. In my haste to enjoy this beast, did I overlook generator controls? Thank you for a jewel. I like it almost as well as the A-20 Havoc. That's my favorite. Terry
    Thank you for the comments and heads-up. Will check to ensure all the bases are covered there. :-)

EDIT: It's been a long time since I did this model so had to go back to check.

The Generators and circuity are automatic. There are in RL amp and voltage gauges on the back wall of the Nav area for status check if there is some question.

Attaching two screen shots that explain it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b26-elect-1.jpg   b26-elect-2.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 12th, 2018 at 17:10.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Thanks Warhorse, when I first did this work, there were NO interior texture at all. So, it's likely that some things might have to be edited by anyone who wants to merge these textures with the current build. THanks guys. My work load is too mhigh to come back to this project. But feel free to hit me up with questions if any.
    The interior side of the cockpit sliding windows are mapped to the exterior/outside of the window frames. This should be okay but no window frame should be so shiny as to look like chrome, even on a highly polished exterior. If the window frames look like that, the shine needs to be toned down to a proper metal look.

Otherwise, if that is unacceptable, I guess I'll have to remap the interior sides to pick up the interior colors.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    One more Milton:

Tail gunner's position - there is a black frame around the cutout in the armor plate, don't know if the cut out is supposed to be glassed or just open. The black "frame" appears in all angles and all lighting, and cannot be adjusted by painting the armor plate.

EDIT: NEVER MIND. WRONG MODEL!
    I'll check it anyhow. I assumed (or maybe it was in the docs-I forget) that bullet-proof glass was in that opening.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Faulty Gauges

Mr. Shupe..thank you for the quick reply. I must be very dense as I have not determined how to go into the Navigators area. I can only view his chair from the pilot's seat. I checked with the original download to be sure I d/l all necessary files and I can't find any discrepancy. I'm still at square one and I am unable to find any "hot" spots on the bulkhead behind the pilot's seat. I have tried moving in both 2D and the VC and no joy. I can only see behind the pilot's seat and unable to travel outside the cockpit area. Sorry to be a pain..

Mr. Shupe..thank you for the quick reply. I must be very dense as I have not determined how to go into the Navigators area. I can only view his chair from the pilot's seat. I checked with the original download to be sure I d/l all necessary files and I can't find any discrepancy. I'm still at square one and I am unable to find any "hot" spots on the bulkhead behind the pilot's seat. I have tried moving in both 2D and the VC and no joy. I can only see behind the pilot's seat and unable to travel outside the cockpit area. Sorry to be a pain..
    IIRC the explanation to do what you want was in the README. I'll double-check. I was wrong about that! Time to fire it up and actually look at it

This was the only view of the Navigator's table. No way to actually go in there that I could find. I was looking at this, from the README:
    The pilot entry/exit hatch (between the seats) is activated by the wing fold command. I used my wing fold command, it said "wings folding/unfolding" but saw no hatch open/close.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nav Table.jpg  
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

There are no Hot spots on that bulkhead. My comment above said that in the real world, there are gauges on that bulkhead. I saw no benefit of putting gauges back there.

To move around in the VC, use the standard key combinations that have been used for years in the sims.

Cntrl+shift+enter/backspace = moves right/left
    Cntrl+enter/backspace = Forward/aft
    Shift+enter/backspace = Up/Down
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    IIRC the explanation to do what you want was in the README. I'll double-check. I was wrong about that! Time to fire it up and actually look at it

This was the only view of the Navigator's table. No way to actually go in there that I could find. I was looking at this, from the README:
    The pilot entry/exit hatch (between the seats) is activated by the wing fold command. I used my wing fold command, it said "wings folding/unfolding" but saw no hatch open/close.

The docs were incorrect. Sorry about that.

The side windows and floor entry hatch opens with shift+e.
    The BB doors open with shift+e, 3
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The docs were incorrect. Sorry about that.

The side windows and floor entry hatch opens with shift+e.
    The BB doors open with shift+e, 3
    Thanks Milton!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is glass there or if it is suppose to be missing?

If you look in your common texture folder and see glass.dds, rename to glass_t.dds. That may help.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

still playing with my brushes:

I noticed Ferondoe's outstanding textures were done in 4096 textures, with different rivets etc, while the paintkit I found is in 2048.
    Would it be possible these would be made available as well?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    still playing with my brushes:

I noticed Ferondoe's outstanding textures were done in 4096 textures, with different rivets etc, while the paintkit I found is in 2048.
    Would it be possible these would be made available as well?
    Wow! Beautiful work JK.

Ferondoe's paints (except for the fuselage I believe) use Duckie's paint kit.

His fuselage lines and rivets are different than the paint kit as I understand it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Navigator's compartment looks great! Gotta remember the eyepoint camera up-down-left-right-forward and reverse commands.
    Played with the Shift+e for window and pilot/co-pilot entry door....worked perfectly! Maybe when flying on AP, I'll take a walk back and stick my head through the bomb-bay doorway, open the bomb-bay doors and spit on the ground

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nav station.jpg  

I tried it out today and am very impressed. Congratulations and thanks to the whole team.

My first attempt I switched from another aircraft and could not get the engines started. I suspected it was the fuel tank selector I could not find but when I restarted P3D4 it worked fine. I ran into the issue when you look to the right and your looking through the side of the hull, I adjusted the viewpoint so its centered on the yoke and then it was fine. Here is my adjustment.

Code:
    [Views]
    eyepoint= 11.956, -1.45, 2.864
    Next noticing the entire interior was modeled I tried to work out the camera views for the other crew stations, here is what I came up with.

Code:
    [CameraDefinition.0]
    Title = "Co-pilot Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.88, 0, 0
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.1]
    Title = "Bombadier Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F079}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.4, -0.5, 2
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.2]
    Title = "Navigator Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F080}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=1.00, -0.5, -2.2
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.3]
    Title = "Top Gunner Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F081}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.4, 0.3, -8.5
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 180

[CameraDefinition.4]
    Title = "Tail Gunner Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F082}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=0.4, -0.4, -13
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 180

[CameraDefinition.5]
    Title = "Radio Operators Seat"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F083}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = Yes
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.30
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=20
    HeadingPanRate=60
    InitialXyz=-0.2, -0.5, -2.2
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Thanks for doing the camera definitions - they work really well and now we can appreciate all the work that has gone into the interior!
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Virtual tour

Thank you, Mr. Shupe for the clarification. I misinterpreted the info about the generator controls being on the navigator bulkhead. Also many kudos to the team for recreating another world outside the cockpit within the airplane. I had forgotten there were original key commands for movement within the vc environment.
    Mr. Zippy: Thank you for the walk around and fiendish idea of simulating Slim Pickens' ride on a falling bomb.
    Lastly, thank you, John for the incredible camera definitions that allow all of us to enjoy the hard work of Milt's team. Very Much appreciated, they work great! Terry

just uploaded all my paints so far on OZX, plus this one:

enjoy them, and if you do, post a screenshot please?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

just uploaded all my paints so far on OZX, plus this one:

enjoy them, and if you do, post a screenshot please?
    Got them. Thanks much.

I encountered errors with "Dee-Feater" on the extraction. May want to re-package this one as I wasn't able to install it.
    Last edited by WarHorse47; January 14th, 2018 at 10:01.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I uploaded an new version, could you try that?

I also uploaded yet another one, for the South Africans:

Yes, that worked.

Thanks.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Hey blanston12, thanks very much for the camera views.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hey blanston12, thanks very much for the camera views.
    Indeed; perfecto! Joe, if you have no problem with it, I will include these in the package as I cannot improve on your work. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I uploaded an new version, could you try that?

I also uploaded yet another one, for the South Africans:
    JK, thanks for these variants; great stuff!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Indeed; perfecto! Joe, if you have no problem with it, I will include these in the package as I cannot improve on your work. :-)
    Of course! I would consider it a great honor for it to be included.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members who have read this thread: 0