FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded. - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.

Wow! Maybe the best Shupe team effort yet. Beautiful model, completely immersive sounds, and a dream to hand fly. Just curious: since the docs all talk in MPH, would it make sense to have an airspeed indicator in MPH? Oh, and the DG/Heading Indicator lacks a setting knob.

Great job for FSX.

I noticed that some of the FS9 repaints included additional models (without turrets). Will they work with the FSX Native version?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Great job for FSX.

I noticed that some of the FS9 repaints included additional models (without turrets). Will they work with the FSX Native version?
    The "JM" version is obviously an FS9 model and there are some mapping differences. Is not intended for FSX, will not support bump and spec maps, but should be flyable as a port-over in FSX. May have the usual prop and glass issues.

If you try it, just keep the JM version in its own folder as it is in FS9 as the flight model is different due to its lower weight and reduced drag.

In FSX, even as a FS9 port over, you can of course use FSX native texture formats and sizes (although not bumps and specs). That does not mean that specific FSX native glass and chrome textures will work, or any texture that relies on FSX native material properties as the model will not recognize such. Also, interior night lighting is implemented differently between the sims so those supporting textures will not work properly. So, the guidelines would be, do not use FSX native textures as many rely on FSX specific material properties to work correctly.

In other words, if you use FS9 textures, you should be okay. You can, however, use FSX native formats and larger sizes.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; January 9th, 2018 at 19:21.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by ratty View Post
    Wow! Maybe the best Shupe team effort yet. Beautiful model, completely immersive sounds, and a dream to hand fly. Just curious: since the docs all talk in MPH, would it make sense to have an airspeed indicator in MPH? Oh, and the DG/Heading Indicator lacks a setting knob.

Thanks for the recommendation and the heads up on the DG knob. Will see what I can do here. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The "JM" version is obviously an FS9 model and there are some mapping differences. Is not intended for FSX, will not support bump and spec maps, but should be flyable as a port-over in FSX. May have the usual prop and glass issues.

If you try it, just keep the JM version in its own folder as it is in FS9.
    Okay. Since I'm only interested in the textures, I have a related question.

I noticed that the FSX package has 3 models, but only one (-2pods) is associated with the textures. Can you provide some screenshots for each of the models? Are the pods referring to the gun pods on the sides of the fuselage?
    -- WH

Okay. Since I'm only interested in the textures, I have a related question.

I noticed that the FSX package has 3 models, but only one (-2pods) is associated with the textures. Can you provide some screenshots for each of the models? Are the pods referring to the gun pods on the sides of the fuselage?
    Yes, the lower pods are removed for the 1-pod model, and both sets are removed for the nopods model. That is the only difference with these models.

Since I featured Ferondoe's textures for the beta release, I had no proper textures for the other two models.

There are textures specifically calling for those models however that will come after the final release.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hmmm... It seems that this may be getting complicated.

I downloaded the FS9 textures and they look like they can be brought into FSX, but since the model names are different I best wait until the final package is released.

I did find and load Rick's Base Aluminum texture and that's a "keeper"

Thanks for the response.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Tried it in P3D V3 no guns - no shoot.
    Sorry,but don't think it will work in P3D. Didn't you also try it for the A-20G and got the same result?
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

I did find and load Rick's Base Aluminum texture and that's a "keeper"

Thanks for the response.
    Where can I find that WH?

DaveQ
    'Always do sober what you say you'll do when you're drunk. It'll teach you to keep you mouth shut' - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by DaveQ View Post
    Where can I find that WH?

DaveQ
    Warbirds Library under FSX/Military Skins WWII

B-26C_Base_Aluminum.zip Download Entry

View enlarged thumbnail
    For use with painters and pilots of the currently in work Native B-26C by Milton Shupe.

Base Aluminum Paint. Feel free to use it as a base for any painted versions. Adjust the Alpha channel of the main texture as required, and the specular texture as required for the painted areas, or for amount of wartime used look in the metal surface. Thanks to Duckie for providing the original layers of panel lines and rivets for use in creating the bumps. Couldn't have done it without his work. And of course to Milton for his fabulous work or art!

Please give credit where due if applicable. otherwise please enjoy as is. Thank you!
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Note to Milton: Pilots and gunners still visible with battery off. Guess they don't want to leave.

Note to Rick: Aluminum paint looks great, but I noticed that some of the VC textures are now aluminum as well. I fixed the compass, but not the sliding window frame. Not a big deal.

Love this plane.
    -- WH

Note to Milton: Pilots and gunners still visible with battery off. Guess they don't want to leave.

Note to Rick: Aluminum paint looks great, but I noticed that some of the VC textures are now aluminum as well. I fixed the compass, but not the sliding window frame. Not a big deal.

Love this plane.
    I've noticed this about the crew. They did vanish what I ran the FS9 version in FSX. Are you able to start your engines with the switches in the VC? Mine would crank over but I had to bump my starter torque up by .1 to get them to light off. The aluminum interior may be intentional. Not sure about Marauders, but IIRC around the time when B-17s and B-24s stopped getting camouflaged, they generally stopped painting the interiors as well. (No need for corrosion protection when the plane lifespan may have been weeks or days.) Interior color also depends on where they were built. I could be varying shades of green or nothing at all. Here's a camo B-17 with an unpainted interior. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...15710559551785 Scroll down the page a bit and you'll spot it. It's the one that's ripped open like an aluminum can.

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Sorry,but don't think it will work in P3D. Didn't you also try it for the A-20G and got the same result?
    I don't have the A-20 so I don't know.
    Last edited by gray eagle; January 10th, 2018 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    I've noticed this about the crew. They did vanish what I ran the FS9 version in FSX. Are you able to start your engines with the switches in the VC? Mine would crank over but I had to bump my starter torque up by .1 to get them to light off. The aluminum interior may be intentional. Not sure about Marauders, but IIRC around the time when B-17s and B-24s stopped getting camouflaged, they generally stopped painting the interiors as well. (No need for corrosion protection when the plane lifespan may have been weeks or days.) Interior color also depends on where they were built. I could be varying shades of green or nothing at all. Here's a camo B-17 with an unpainted interior. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...15710559551785 Scroll down the page a bit and you'll spot it. It's the one that's ripped open like an aluminum can.

The FS9 and FSX versions are different and respond differently to the same basic custom XML. Yes, I know it works consistently in the FS9 model. And I know what the issue is with the FSX native models; that will be corrected.

The starter issue has been corrected; thanks.

The interior window frame may be a mapping issue; will look at that.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The FS9 and FSX versions are different and respond differently to the same basic custom XML. Yes, I know it works consistently in the FS9 model. And I know what the issue is with the FSX native models; that will be corrected.

The starter issue has been corrected; thanks.

The interior window frame may be a mapping issue; will look at that.

Thanks
    So it wasn't just me having a starting issue? Glad I could help if only just a little. This is one hot ship Milton, I can't imagine what the short wing versions were like to fly! Now I wish Kermit Weeks would bring his back to Oshkosh! It's been a while since I've seen it in the air when he took it from the EAA Museum back to Florida. Oh and regarding WarHorse's question about running the FS9 in FSX, I had no prop or glass issues when I installed the release from a few days back, it just didn't look as stellar as the FSX native model does but I was just peachy going for a ride around the patch in it. I'm keeping the JM installed for now on my machine!

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Not a great fan of WWII aircraft but thought I would give it a shot in P3D. Wow, glad I did, this one is a keeper. Love the sounds and flight dynamics. Did a fast tour around San Francisco and was fully immersed in the flight. Can’t get more real than that. Kudos to the team for an instant classic.

Bob

Hi Milton, didn't see these reported, sorry if I missed them.

1. With the new models I have lost the "shift-e-2" command to open the bomb bay doors.

2. The glass seems to be missing from the 2 bottom windows aft of the bomb bay doors.
    I've tried many different angles and some different lighting conditi0ns but can't see any glass, just open holes.

3. The crew hatch in the cockpit floor operates simultaneously with the cockpit windows using shift-e. Shift-f doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Steve

EDIT: #1 - The bomb bay doors operate using SHIFT-E-3
    Last edited by Duckie; January 11th, 2018 at 13:53.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post

2. The glass seems to be missing from the 2 bottom windows aft of the bomb bay doors.
    I've tried many different angles and some different lighting conditi0ns but can't see any glass, just open holes.
    Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is glass there or if it is suppose to be missing?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B26 bombbay windows.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Hi Milton, didn't see these reported, sorry if I missed them.

1. With the new models I have lost the "shift-e-2" command to open the bomb bay doors.

3. The crew hatch in the cockpit floor operates simultaneously with the cockpit windows using shift-e. Shift-f doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Steve

EDIT: #1 - The bomb bay doors operate using SHIFT-E-3
    Thanks Steve; Oooops! will look at these issues. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looks like the aft lip of the nose gear opening has lost it's mapping. If it were the forward lip it prolly wouldn't matter much because it's very hard to see. The aft lip is visible and fairly prominent from forward/nose on views.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2018-jan-11-004.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	56965
    Duckie

congratulations MIlton, you have another winner!
    Beautiful model, great sounds, I love it!

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

On behalf of the team of contributors, thank you. Those are awesome liveries Sir :-)

The changes from the few reported issues in Beta have been made, plus I had a long list of my own that are just about done and being tested and tweaked so likely by next weekend, we will have a final product to release.

I encourage the many who have downloaded the Beta package to report what issues they find.

Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I just returned from several hours in this one and the A-20 in VR. Awesome work guys! Thank you very much!!!

Cheers,

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    congratulations MIlton, you have another winner!
    Beautiful model, great sounds, I love it!
    Beautiful skins jankees. Thank you.
    Duckie

One more Milton:

Tail gunner's position - there is a black frame around the cutout in the armor plate, don't know if the cut out is supposed to be glassed or just open. The black "frame" appears in all angles and all lighting, and cannot be adjusted by painting the armor plate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	-2018-jan-12-002.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	56991

EDIT: NEVER MIND. WRONG MODEL!
    Last edited by Duckie; January 12th, 2018 at 09:36.
    Duckie

Members who have read this thread: 0