RTWR 2018 Practice Round 1

Thread: RTWR 2018 Practice Round 1

Hybrid View

RTWR 2018 Practice Round 1

Not sure the status of the 2018 event. This round is open to anyone interested in racing. Have some fun and good luck!

Particulars:

Start ICAO = EGPH, Scotland

End ICAO = RKSS, South Korea

Rules:

1. Any airport in the default FSX/PD3/FS2004 database can be used.
    3. Max leg length 500nm. (More reps this way).
    4. Real time and weather.
    4. Aircraft type = Please keep it focused on whitelisted aircraft. The occasional jetliner is okay as I am assuming they will be used in the race on a limited basis.
    5. Time limit on all legs is the standard 2hrs.
    6. Post results in this thread.

You can start anytime.

Whitelist for Eligible Race Aircraft:

https://www.fsrtwrace.com/whitelist.php

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Do those aircraft on the white list conform to P3D V4.1? Also a lot of the aircraft on the list don't work well in P3D V4.1

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I'm in Chaps - it'll make a welcome break from flying busses.

Phantomtweak will get his arse into gear at some point I'm sure - we all know that. (Love you Pat)

Come On - let's do those Avsim Amateurs!!!

Let's win it for Dave B
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    ​Do those aircraft on the white list conform to P3D V4.1? Also a lot of the aircraft on the list don't work well in P3D V4.1
    Good question Pat. I am not a P3D user yet so I don't know. Hopefully the race committee can address this.

Phantomtweak will get his arse into gear at some point I'm sure - we all know that. (Love you Pat)
    I'm working on it, but I keep grinding the darn things. Maybe if I double clutch it...
    First leg tomorrow AM. Details as soon as I make the legs' flight plans And fly a leg or three, naturally, but hey, details details

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

I have the Baton EGPH to EKVG in the Grumman Bearcat Long Range

First run of FS in almost a year....

Hope for the best

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Everything running fine with the exception of breaking my rudder petal toe brakes before takeoff. The right one flops around now.

About 40 minutes until Impact.

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    I noticed that the latest Duenna release (161 - Oct 2017), supports V4. That is a good thing. "- Updated to include Prepar3D v4"

https://www.fsrtwrace.com/duenna.php

I have a question, if I may: How do y'all select the route/next airport for flying to? The best I could do from CYUT is a 515 mi leg. Is THAT acceptable? Landable airports in this part of the world seem a bit scarce. Let's face it, a fighter from WWII isn't really very good at making real good landings at a 3000' long gravel runway with no lights in lousy visibility. I want to do a leg, but I'm a lot more betterer at having the flight prepped and ready to go, IE being told where to go Apparently I'm not so hot at the planning portion of this whole affair.

I'll keep trying to find someplace to stick a plane...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Ok, let me try this: Heading from CYUT to CYCB in the Dave Copley P-38J, FSX RealWX Lite.
    PAT☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

15 minutes out. Watch out for carb icing!!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I have a question, if I may: How do y'all select the route/next airport for flying to? The best I could do from CYUT is a 515 mi leg. Is THAT acceptable?
    Well, when I set up the practice round, I had envisioned flying West to East. Didn't think about going the other way.

No worries, just do the best you can with the distances. Happier seeing green Duennas and not as concerned about routing at this point.

Not sure how the Aleutian chain into Asia will play out with 500nm as a constraint...

THere is always one Gremlin who knows how to push the practice into unforgiving territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    Well, when I set up the practice round, I had envisioned flying West to East. Didn't think about going the other way.

No worries, just do the best you can with the distances. Happier seeing green Duennas and not as concerned about routing at this point.

Not sure how the Aleutian chain into Asia will play out with 500nm as a constraint...

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses03 View Post
    I noticed that the latest Duenna release (161 - Oct 2017), supports V4. That is a good thing. "- Updated to include Prepar3D v4"

https://www.fsrtwrace.com/duenna.php
    Thanks for that information mate.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 0