FS9 ONLY B-26B/C Martin Marauder Beta v1.3

Thread: FS9 ONLY B-26B/C Martin Marauder Beta v1.3

FS9 ONLY B-26B/C Martin Marauder Beta v1.3

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FS 2004 Military - Props

Description: The FS9 ONLY B-26B/C Martin Marauder Beta v1.3

by Milton Shupe, Tom Falley, Martial Feron, "Mick" at SOH, William Ellis, and Sounds by Nigel Richards. Original Pilot figures by Jan Visser.

Pkg incl models B-26B/C and JM-x likeness, VC and custom panel, R-2800 sounds, custom FS9 Flight Model, and features exterior paints by "Mick" at Sim-outhouse.

Thanks for your Beta testing help in sorting out any remaining issues.

FSX/P3D Users: Look for the FSX Native version

Milton Shupe
    January 2018

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit FS9 ONLY B-26B/C Martin Marauder Beta v1.3
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Looks (and flies/sounds) great guys! I know it said FS9 only, but I tried it in FSX anyway because the price is right. Worked great for me and I can't wait to see how the FSX native version compares when it's ready!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Looks (and flies/sounds) great guys! I know it said FS9 only, but I tried it in FSX anyway because the price is right. Worked great for me and I can't wait to see how the FSX native version compares when it's ready!
    The only items I changed were three gauges in the VC section of the panel.cfg because they had white rings around them. Don't know if that was because I ran it in FSX or if everyone will see them but here are the new entries I made.

gauge01=MS_Havoc!DG_D18, 405,131,140,140

gauge09=MS_Havoc!HW_TwinMAP, 773,46,168,168

gauge17=MS_Marauder!HW_TwinRPM, 961,49,165,165

Thanks to everyone involved on this. All we need now are some weathered paints!

Thank you, Milton and team . It's a great advance since the last version.

After some tests...

1-I'll suggest a turn angle of 45 or 50 degrees for the forward wheel. With the current 180 degrees, the airplane do not turn when taxiing.
    2-Oil temperature is at maximum during the flight, even at middle throttle.
    3-It should be fine that the station_load's being identified (Pilot, copilot, bomber,... there are some that seem be the machineguns (400 lbs each)?) so one can discard them when the JM model is selected. I've tweaked them a bit to low the maximum takeoff weight (by default, exceeds the limit a bit)
    4-I've raised the flaps damage speed to 185.1 kn. Is what the panel and documentation specifies.

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by adiazcay View Post
    1-I'll suggest a turn angle of 45 or 50 degrees for the forward wheel. With the current 180 degrees, the airplane do not turn when taxiing.
    2-Oil temperature is at maximum during the flight, even at middle throttle.
    3-It should be fine that the station_load's being identified (Pilot, copilot, bomber,... there are some that seem be the machineguns (400 lbs each)?) so one can discard them when the JM model is selected. I've tweaked them a bit to low the maximum takeoff weight (by default, exceeds the limit a bit)
    4-I've raised the flaps damage speed to 185.1 kn. Is what the panel and documentation specifies.

Kind regards
    There is no nose wheel steering on a Marauder. Differential braking and power application to turn. (If you want to be realistic anyway.) I had the same problem transitioning from JF's Lightning F.6 which had nose wheel steering to Aerosoft's Lightnings which do not. They also turn with the brakes as it is in real life!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    There is no nose wheel steering on a Marauder. Differential braking and power application to turn. (If you want to be realistic anyway.) I had the same problem transitioning from JF's Lightning F.6 which had nose wheel steering to Aerosoft's Lightnings which do not. They also turn with the brakes as it is in real life!
    Oops! I've missed the comment of Milton in the 'Martin Marauder in the burner' thread (180: castoring, 40:steering). BTW, I use an Extreme 3D Pro joystick, so differential throttle is not an option for me. Differential braking, then.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by adiazcay View Post
    Oops! I've missed the comment of Milton in the 'Martin Marauder in the burner' thread (180: castoring, 40:steering). BTW, I use an Extreme 3D Pro joystick, so differential throttle is not an option for me. Differential braking, then.

Regards
    You could use differential throttle if you select an engine with a key command. It's a pain in the butt sometimes, but that's how I do it because like you I also have a single throttle. One day I'll get at least a dual throttle setup. I have my four engines set up with E+1, E+2, E+3 and E+4. You just have to remember to select all engines before takeoff otherwise you'll end up in the ditch! E+1,2,3,4.

Members who have read this thread: 0