AH Avro Lancaster for FSX/P3D (preview) - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: AH Avro Lancaster for FSX/P3D (preview)

Brilliant. It's touches like that make all the difference.

David
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Wow and again wow.
    Just a small observation; will there be an option with exhaust shrouds fitted?

Mike

Yes they will.

Didn't quite escape.
    Thanks Baz - that tanker'll be a lot harder to spot for marauding fighters...

I really hope I can do this one justice with somewhere to live. Looking forward to seeing the end result of your efforts!

Cheers,

Ian P.

So busy looking at the lovely new accessories I didn't notice the Lanc has put on a little weight around the middle ! Is that an H2S radome or a FN-64 ventral turret ? I don't see any guns, so I assume the former.

To provide people with a larger range of livery choices (repainters in particular) we are producing the Mk1 in early form with a side windows option, H2S radar dome option and exhaust flame guard option.

Icon26

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    To provide people with a larger range of livery choices (repainters in particular) we are producing the Mk1 in early form with a side windows option, H2S radar dome option and exhaust flame guard option.
    Super! Are the early needle props and the early type pitot tube also considered?

The model is designed so that when each livery is loaded, the model will appear with its correct combination of prop type, windows, pitot tube and exhaust flame guards. Many of these Lancasters, however, were constantly upgraded in the field so it is often impossible to depict one in "correct"trim as it all depends on the date of the depiction. We have nine liveries altogether.

Bazzar.
    As the anniversary date of the dambusters raid was the 16th of may will you be releasing the Lancaster then and who will it be available through.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris, we won't be ready for the 16th I'm afraid. The Lanc will be available through JF and the usual channels.

Didn't quite escape.
    Hi Baz,

Sorry, you know I'm going to ask this one... Are the 9 liveries definitely confirmed yet?

Cheers,

ian P.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Late in WWII 2 Lancasters came to Australia for a War Bonds drive, G George and Q Queenie. I remember seeing a photo of a Lancaster flying under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I believe that it was Q Queenie.

George ended up in the AWM at the end of the war but I believe Queenie was written off and scrapped after a crash olanding.

Will a Q Queenie texture be included in the final release model?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

One of the advantages of P3D is the ability to click items in exterior view. So we have included the release pull just ahead of the starboard tailplane leading edge which will remove the cover from the dinghy stowage.

Also, we have now completed the interior lighting which really brings an evocative atmosphere to the various stations.

Livery list:

LM739 HW-Z "Grog's the shot"

W4783 AR-G "G for George"

WX622 JO-D "D for Digger"

W4118 ZN-Y " Admiral Prune"

NE181 JN-M "Captain's Fancy"

WE669 ZN-O "O for Oboe"

EE139 BQ-B "Phantom of the Rhur"

R5868 PO-S "S for Sugar"

PA474 KC-A "Thumper MkIII"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NightLanc2.jpg   NightLanc1.jpg   DINGHY.jpg  

Didn't quite escape.
    Looking very nice indeed, Baz!

Extrapolating from Flintham/Thomas "Combat Codes" and Jefford "RAF Squadrons", this is who used those codes on Lancasters and where:

JN: 75Sq; Mepal, Spilsby
    HW: 100Sq; Waltham
    ZN: 106Sq; Coningsby, Syerston, Metheringham
    AR: 460Sq; Breighton, Binbrook
    JO: 463Sq; Wallington, Skellingthorpe
    PO: 467Sq; Scampton, Bottesford, Waddington, Metheringham (they got around a bit, didn't they?)
    BQ: 550Sq; Waltham, North Killingholme

Trying to avoid active/recently active fields as they can be a pain with GA aircraft, Tornados and occasionally airliners dropping in to visit from AI packages... I've done North Killingholme already but can look at updating it. Anyone want a moderately naff freeware scenery of Metheringham to fly out of, provided I can find sufficient information on it? There's plenty left on the ground to work from.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Something to whet the appetite: W4118 "Admiral Prune" was Guy Gibson's a/c while commanding 106 Squadron.

http://www.gaetanmarie.com/guy-gibso...miral-prune-2/

http://www.bombercommandmuseum.ca/noseartnls2.html
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    Anyone want a moderately naff freeware scenery of Metheringham to fly out of, provided I can find sufficient information on it? There's plenty left on the ground to work from.
    Nothing you do is 'moderately naff' Ian !

I'd certainly be interested in Metheringham.

definitely up for Metheringham. When visiting a few airshows at Waddington, i would drive up from Kent on the Saturday evening and sleep in my car on the main Metheringham runway until morning, very atmospheric

Hi Bazzar,
    Any news on a release date.The P47 and Lanc seem to be taking a long time.

Cheers chris

Testing,testing...

Not the fresh movie but I found it on YT:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Late in WWII 2 Lancasters came to Australia for a War Bonds drive, G George and Q Queenie. I remember seeing a photo of a Lancaster flying under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. I believe that it was Q Queenie.
    OT Pat but have you ever come across the photo(s) of the RAAF Cat flying an approach on one of the BPF carriers entering Sydney Harbor?
    IIRC when my Father was showing them to me he remarked 'They threw everything including the Admiral's medals at us'..............................................
    Must dig out his 'stuff' and do some scans.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 5