AH Avro Lancaster for FSX/P3D (preview) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: AH Avro Lancaster for FSX/P3D (preview)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    However, nothing will detract from the fact that the Mk1 basically remained unchanged for the entire life of the marque except for a few additions and upgrades. A testament to the quality of the design. It is interesting how a design can go from the less than excellent Manchester to this. Of course a strong factor in all of it is the Rolls Royce Merlin engine. Now where would we have been without that piece of magic.
    Absolutely - I agree entirely. And from the commercial standpoint alone, you couldn't possibly have gone with the Mk.II as an opener - but Winkle's observation's are interesting. Should your Mk.I sell well, will you consider a Mk.II and maybe a Lancastrian at some point in the future ? I think there is a market for both.

Not sure Paul, apart from commercial viability, we like to do one really good "tribute" to an aeroplane (like the Mk1 Spitfire or the P47D) and move on. We used to produce multiple packs of a type but really I don't think they do very well as most people are more than happy with one good example of a particular subject.

Fair enough Bazzar. Thanks for your response and thoughts on that. A new Lancastrian is a flight-sim itch that won't go away. Plane Design's FS9 Lancastrian was a long-time favourite MSFS aircraft - of course, now unusable since I moved to P3D. Best of luck with the Lanc - as I said on Facebook, there's going to be a lot of people looking very closely at it. But, from the screenshots, I reckon you've made a good fist of it. Well done.

We are in the midst of coding so we thought you might like to see some updates on the interior. All interior detail is also now complete in the exterior model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RadioB.jpg   BombC.jpg   Tunnel.jpg   NavA.jpg   CockpitD.jpg   CockpitC.jpg  

Shot of the interior detail in the exterior model
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails InnerdetailA.jpg  

Wow ! Stunning job on the interior. Never realized The Lanc was single pilot. Mike

Beautiful.... I was making Merlin sounds as I was admiring those pictures! Looking forward to it!! Still awaiting the "Jug" too...

Wow! Baz, your team continues to put out "Wow Quality".

I am now convinced to give up my work and start flying again. Great stuff all around!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Wow ! Stunning job on the interior. Never realized The Lanc was single pilot. Mike
    Same here, I thought all bomber aircraft were 2 pilot set ups.

Beautiful shots Baz. Thanks for sharing. ETA any more refined?
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

The Lanc has a folding seat for the engineer who can act as a co-pilot but with no yoke or rudder controls. Some later versions were fitted with dual controls like those found in the BBMF Lancaster. But the original Lancaster was designed for single pilot operation. For such a big aeroplane, the cockpit is in fact quite cramped. A B17 is like a palace in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Wow! Baz, your team continues to put out "Wow Quality".

I am now convinced to give up my work and start flying again. Great stuff all around!
    Thankyou Milton, coming from you, that is indeed a complement.

A very impressive interior! One of the things that I really like about such FS aircraft is the historical preservation aspect. With FS 3D tools it is possible to create an even more faithful representation of these historical machines, possibly even more accurate than possible in museum restorations.

And we get to fly them without the hazard of reducing the number of irreplaceable examples!

A digital reminder of the analogue era!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    The Lanc has a folding seat for the engineer who can act as a co-pilot but with no yoke or rudder controls. Some later versions were fitted with dual controls like those found in the BBMF Lancaster. But the original Lancaster was designed for single pilot operation. For such a big aeroplane, the cockpit is in fact quite cramped. A B17 is like a palace in comparison.

Hello Bazzar,
    that was right the difference between a European (British) and an American aircraft and still is today for fighter aircraft...
    Anyway you did a fantastaic job on the interior!!!
    Cheers,

Stéph.

They devoted more room to the bomb bay! More power to your polys, Baz!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Will you have an option to hide the yoke for those flying with external controls ?

very nice, I'm looking forward to this.
    Will the turrets be animated?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Yoke removal and animated turrets are on the menu.

Just a reminder of how beautiful this aircraft is. And before anyone jumps in, I know this is a Mk X not a Mk I. Nice video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pReuVf8nPHU

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Just a reminder of how beautiful this aircraft is. And before anyone jumps in, I know this is a Mk X not a Mk I. Nice video though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pReuVf8nPHU
    Lovely video...but when you have four Merlins before you why on earth would someone hide the sound with music?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Lovely video...but when you have four Merlins before you why on earth would someone hide the sound with music?
    Yes - usually I'm the first to criticise videos on this basis. But for some reason this one works - for me. And looking at the edit, I'm not sure how well a live sound mix would have worked. Maybe a good compromise would have been to hold the music until (at least) after takeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Very nice video but I agree with Roger, four Merlins is definitely a flight symphony. No sound like that in the entire world.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

First test flight mission

Turn up the volume!

https://youtu.be/OeVR5Zwqbe4

Looking good. I'd have been a bit nervous about landing with that cookie still on board though !

Indeed, might not have needed the boost cutout had I jettisoned it!

Yes, I was going to mention the cookie hang-up too - haha. On another point, the length of take-off run seems appropriate for a fully-laden aircraft of that size, so I'm encouraged. The sounds are first class - well done.

Members who have read this thread: 1