Aerosoft An-2 Released for FSX/FSXS

Thread: Aerosoft An-2 Released for FSX/FSXS

Aerosoft An-2 Released for FSX/FSXS

Aerosoft has just released the FSX version of the An-2 as a follow-up to their initial P3Dv4-only version from a few weeks ago.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?...-and-fsxsteam/
    -Mark

Does anyone have the aircraft.cfg file all joined together in the FSX model.

I am not able to add a repaint through this.

It is a beautiful flight model though.Thank you Alexander Metzger.

Cheers Chris

Is this Sibwings An-2 repackaged? The plane looks like theirs, but I don't think I have the loadout and engine/fuel management module Aerosoft shows in the pictures. (Maybe it does and just never noticed.)

No I don't think it is the Sibwings model because I have that installed as well.

Cheers chris

No - it isn't the Sibwings AN-2. It is the OctopusG - developed model which was released initial for P3D and now is available for FSX too.

ATB

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Does anyone have the aircraft.cfg file all joined together in the FSX model.

I am not able to add a repaint through this.

It is a beautiful flight model though.Thank you Alexander Metzger.

Cheers Chris
    Yep. It's a mess. Not sure why if its for FSX only or for all installs.

I spent some time trying to break up the various sections, only to screw things up and reinstall. I've posted the question on their forum.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Ive done the same but as usual got a reply from somebody who "does not understand"

I refrained from saying look at the f****** aircraft.cfg.Which I had included.

Cheers Chris

Ive done the same but as usual got a reply from somebody who "does not understand"

I refrained from saying look at the f****** aircraft.cfg.Which I had included.

Cheers Chris
    dont use notepad to open the aircraft.cfg

use wordpad for the first time after that note pad work fine

No I don't think it is the Sibwings model because I have that installed as well.

Cheers chris
    It's hard to tell from the pictures as Sibwing's Colt is top notch and having the Aerosoft Lightnings and a few other products I know they are too. I suppose if two high quality entities tackle the same plane the outcome would be very similar looking.

Thanks Jeansey that fixed it.

Josh as has been said it is made by OctopusG and is not a copy or the same as Sibwings.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    dont use notepad to open the aircraft.cfg

use wordpad for the first time after that note pad work fine
    Notepad++ should work just as fine. And it is a handy tool for anyone who does occasional coding too.

Quote Originally Posted by alpha charlie View Post
    Notepad++ should work just as fine. And it is a handy tool for anyone who does occasional coding too.
    Yes, another vote for notepad++

The built in windows notepad is crap
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Can someone tell me please how many paints are included in the package?

Thanks

Dirk

Four. Jeansy has two more.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Thank you verx much

Members who have read this thread: 0