Captain Sim 757 Captain III released

Thread: Captain Sim 757 Captain III released

Captain Sim 757 Captain III released

Just saw this new gem, though not my type of liner, looks very nice indeed. Just hoping they continue with their C-130 and B-52

https://captainsim.net/

....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Awesome, just spend a huge heap on obrx in the past 24hrs before their sale finished then the new rex

and now this is released

this really sucks as ive been missing a working 757 since P3D v2, while not a fan of the CS liners and prefer QW, the QW 757 is very dated and wont be v4 ready for some unmeasureable time

have to wait this one out for another pay fortnight

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Awesome, just spend a huge heap on obrx in the past 24hrs before their sale finished then the new rex

and now this is released

this really sucks as ive been missing a working 757 since P3D v2, while not a fan of the CS liners and prefer QW, the QW 757 is very dated and wont be v4 ready for some unmeasureable time

have to wait this one out for another pay fortnight
    LMAO! I too am in the same boat....bought much Orbx too (thanks Orbx for the sale) and then the REX Sky Force is released...my credit card is getting a work out, as well as my phone's bank app to transfer what's being spent.

I look forward to your forthcoming paints then....

Matt

I really am pleased with the CS planes (C-130/707/727/777) I have, BUT $75 for the same aircraft many have already paid full price for? Yikes!

Like yourselves, my CS planes are now collecting dust as none work at all in P3Dv4. This now looks like it may be the dust bin permanently for them.

I am going to have to think twice - or not at all - about shelling out again and anything like $75 ( x 4) for essentially the same software and features merely recoded for 64 bit, particularly when most other devs are offering upgrades for free or smaller change. Yes, CS have a bit more work to do as their panels are full of 32 bit dll files, but that is not the customer's fault either that CS chose to use that design among other options others have used.

Many here scrimp, save and stretch to buy payware and spend their hard earned money on it even when there are so many very excellent freeware choices available. Devs should recognize that loyalty and goodwill. There may be debate now about exactly how "scalable" economically it is for a dev to upgrade to 64 bit (i.e., the argument being that most of their cost is already sunk from the previous FSX version so their "incremental cost" to upgrade to 64 bit should be or is relatively small), but the convention has more often than not to offer loyal customers a break when a new version of the sim comes out.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

75 reasons to stay away. Well, I am not a friend of a modern heavies. But with that kind of prices, I will stay away also in the future.

I do like the old aitliners, and have most of Captainsim's products. But I will certainly be holding off on spending $75. Have used up my Christmas budget....

The new REX Sky Force 3D will probably my first flight sim ad-on purchase for 2018. Will have to wait till next month though.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Speaking of Captain Sim's B-52, I have been trying to locate a repaint done to cover the silver and white SAC early versions. I know it won't be accurate but I grew up around those early versions and would like to have one in the hanger for the CS BUFF. Nathan Phillips did some but his site no longer is there. He has a FB page but I don't do FB.

Does anyone have a SAC early version that they might share for the CS BUFF? The Captain Sim site lists them but it just points to Nathan's old web page.

Thanks in advance!

Odie

p.s. - Mods, you may want to move this over to the FSX side...I saw CS B-52 and forgot where I was....

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Matt did you end up getting this?

The Carenardo F50 is very close to release, and want to weight up my options, AH L-5 doesnt interest me as I have Flight replicas the original bird dog version despite the age, its still a solid addon and past experiences I will avoid that new release

although after speaking with mike im thinking about the BF109 package as it will work with P3D v4 minus gun effects, which me squat to me

Matt, if you are referring to me, I have not gotten it yet and will most likely wait till it goes on sale. Now, if it were the B-52, I would be in an ethical dilemma of buying now, given what I have spent this holiday season on P3D add ons.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Matt, if you are referring to me, I have not gotten it yet and will most likely wait till it goes on sale. Now, if it were the B-52, I would be in an ethical dilemma of buying now, given what I have spent this holiday season on P3D add ons.
    I went ahead and bought it, I havent used many CS addons post P3D v3 excluding the L1011, all honestly its running very very smooth and Im surprised on the quality of the model and systems in comparison to other CS Products and products like PMDG tubes

If they could replicate the same detail in other V4 addons well lets say they have listened to lots of the past critique of the shortfalls of thier products, without a doubt they have made use of the P3D 64bit features

Great write up Matt. I had most of the CS fleet in FSX, but it was acquired over the years via their great holiday sales events and really only flew their B-52 and C-130 the most. It's nice to hear their new models are coming up in standards and though I never felt their older releases were bad, they were not as immersive as others. However, if they re-release the B-52 and C-130 in an updated mode, will be a day one purchase for me. Looking forward to forthcoming paints and screenshots.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Great write up Matt. I had most of the CS fleet in FSX, but it was acquired over the years via their great holiday sales events and really only flew their B-52 and C-130 the most. It's nice to hear their new models are coming up in standards and though I never felt their older releases were bad, they were not as immersive as others. However, if they re-release the B-52 and C-130 in an updated mode, will be a day one purchase for me. Looking forward to forthcoming paints and screenshots.
    I dont think the b52 and c130 made the 64bit conversion list

from memory they are looking at 737, 757, 727, 777, and possibly the 707 and L1011

Level D have also posted in the past 6mths they have 757 in the works, but this one is good enough fro me

milivz have a herc in the works

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    I dont think the b52 and c130 made the 64bit conversion list

from memory they are looking at 737, 757, 727, 777, and possibly the 707 and L1011

Level D have also posted in the past 6mths they have 757 in the works, but this one is good enough fro me

milivz have a herc in the works
    That's a shame about the B-52. It was a great looking bird in FSX. I have been anxiously watching Milviz's forthcoming C-130J. That will be a day one purchase for sure.

Matt

I got the buff working in v3 however due to the way lightning is differently mapped in v3 onwards the each of the wings and fus where different colours

it looked so out of place and disjointed i ended up removing it

Does anyone have a SAC early version that they might share for the CS BUFF? The Captain Sim site lists them but it just points to Nathan's old web page.
    Looky here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...im-B-52-Review
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 0