SSW integration with TacPack

Thread: SSW integration with TacPack

SSW integration with TacPack help

I have TacPack for P3D V4 and I also have SSW F-104G and F-84F aircraft. They are both supposed to work with TacPack. I'm not having much luck getting them to work though. Anyone else had any luck with this?

I set the Weapon Engine to 'TacPack' in the respective .ini files. The TacPack configured trigger and pickle buttons don't seem to be recognized by the SSW aircraft. When I use the SSW mapped keystrokes ('brakes' for example as the trigger), I get guns firing, but I'm shooting blanks AFAIK, no impact of bullets, so it doesn't appear to be firing the TacPack weapons.

Is there anything else to do?
    Last edited by odourboy; December 31st, 2017 at 15:42.
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I forget the name of the in house weapons package they had but their aircraft exclusively used it rather than tacpack until recently.
    Technically TP works on the F-104 but it seems they retained their firing buttons which means I am using my right brake pedal to fire if I remember correctly.
    TP seems to be very much an afterthought done with little effort. The Mil settings for manual bombing don't seem close at all.
    A shame since in all other respects it is a blast to fly.
    I did fly a recce mission in FSX@war Libya, I got the camera window to come up but it did not store any screen shots.
    Still fun to plan a low level dead reckoning flight and trying to make it work, I could but I had to pop up to get a final run

Hi,
    all SSW planes available for P3D v.4 ARE NOT supposed to work nicely with TP nor we support TP in P3D v. 4.x
    Best wishes for an happy new year
    /SSW
    http://www.simskunkworks.com/store/images/ssw_sig.png

Quote Originally Posted by SSW1 View Post
    Hi,
    all SSW planes available for P3D v.4 ARE NOT supposed to work nicely with TP nor we support TP in P3D v. 4.x
    Best wishes for an happy new year
    /SSW
    Well then gentlemen, you'd better fix your configuration splash page (attached), you product description pages on both your site and your other vendors, because for several of your V4 offerings, TacPack integration is specifically indicated.

Further, when I install a V4 product and find TacPack ini file and instructions in your configuration file for enabling TacPack weapons engine, it creates the impression that it should work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TacPack.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	56719

Happy new year to you too!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

I think tackpack works with SSW planes but recently they decided not to give more support for both weapons systems (TP and VACMI) and goes on only with VACMI. So, TP may (or may not) work with the current versions of the planes and they do not give more support for it. When this change happened, they posted a topic about this here in SOH. For weapons systems in SSW planes you can go with VACMI witch works side-by-side with TP for free: http://www.vaafse.org/simskunkworks/...e-stuff/vACMI/
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Thanks Flaviossa,
    tht's exactly what we meant
    At end of June we finished to port all our planes to P3D v4, at that time VRS claimed that they were not willing to follow P3D 4 on this route (x64), SSW decided to do not support TP anymore even if we left the code that makes our planes TP compliant untouched, giving a notice to SOH forum and our site.
    That's the reason why you see the TP logo on splash screen, is evidently an error since only one of two should be visible, guess that enabling vACMI the TP logo should disappear.
    So TP may or may not work with our planes, we really don't know since we do not have TP for P3D v4 nor have intention to acquire and/or develop for it so far.
    Hope this clarifies
    /SSW

Disappointing news. I guess I missed the memo.

Thanks Flaviossa,
    tht's exactly what we meant
    At end of June we finished to port all our planes to P3D v4, at that time VRS claimed that they were not willing to follow P3D 4 on this route (x64), SSW decided to do not support TP anymore even if we left the code that makes our planes TP compliant untouched, giving a notice to SOH forum and our site.
    That's the reason why you see the TP logo on splash screen, is evidently an error since only one of two should be visible, guess that enabling vACMI the TP logo should disappear.
    So TP may or may not work with our planes, we really don't know since we do not have TP for P3D v4 nor have intention to acquire and/or develop for it so far.
    Hope this clarifies
    /SSW
    But with VRS's recent update to V4, perhaps a rethinking of a premature decision not to support V4 would benefit all. I am not certain what the vACMI is and how it interfaces with everything else. I will indeed look into it more, but I did indeed by TacPack for v4 and your 2 great aircraft, Tornado and F-104S, in hopes of using them in FSX@War and future updates.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance and also, I realize you do not have a dedicated development team, but you have indeed put forth very nice products that impress so many wanting to only enhance their purchases with one common weapons pack/suite, TacPack.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I've been waiting for 64-bit Tacpack and would ask:

1. Reconsider dropping tacpack support for SSW aircraft.

2. If #1 isn't possible is there a way to manually update the SSW aircraft tacpack config files to bring it up to par for Tacpack V4?
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    I've been waiting for 64-bit Tacpack and would ask:

1. Reconsider dropping tacpack support for SSW aircraft.

2. If #1 isn't possible is there a way to manually update the SSW aircraft tacpack config files to bring it up to par for Tacpack V4?
    1. is a no-go so far
    2. It is possible, each SSW aircraft has an .ini file whre there is a section like this:

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       ENGINE: vACMI; 
       }
    matter to set:

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       ENGINE: TacPack;
       }

and cross your fingers.
    regards
    /SSW

BTW:
    why not consider vACMI ?
    - it's free, no cost, no maintenance fee, nothing
    - you can :
    * shoot/launch missiles on both aerial and ground targets seeing explosions if you hit them or dummy blast if not
    * set your targets or group of targets on ground dynamically using Google Earth and vACMI partner
    * set naval convoy that can be attacked and see explosions if hit or a dummy blast if not
    * set ground SAM sites and AAA sites editing a text file, they can hurt your plane
    furthermore it is very easy make vACMI compliant any airplane without wait for developers.
    And much more, for instance for those that use multiplayer with their mates or want see the results of their attack operations against other planes or on a map there is the SSW Combat Zone ( http://www.simskunkworks.com/combatzone ) that is free to be used.

1. is a no-go so far
    2. It is possible, each SSW aircraft has an .ini file whre there is a section like this:

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       }
    matter to set:

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       }

and cross your fingers.
    regards
    /SSW

BTW:
    why not consider vACMI ?
    - you can :
    * shoot/launch missiles on both aerial and ground targets seeing explosions if you hit them or dummy blast if not
    * set your targets or group of targets on ground dynamically using Google Earth and vACMI partner
    * set naval convoy that can be attacked and see explosions if hit or a dummy blast if not
    * set ground SAM sites and AAA sites editing a text file, they can hurt your plane
    furthermore it is very easy make vACMI compliant any airplane without wait for developers.
    And much more, for instance for those that use multiplayer with their mates or want see the results of their attack operations against other planes or on a map there is the SSW Combat Zone ( http://www.simskunkworks.com/combatzone ) that is free to be used.
    Is there a way map trigger and pickle to 'button 1' and 'button 2' rather than brakes and landing lights?

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Is there a way map trigger and pickle to 'button 1' and 'button 2' rather than brakes and landing lights?
    Hi,
    it depends, Tornado has a customizable keymap file, others no, they trap only those two keystroke.
    New planes, like G-91 and MIrage F1 will have keymaps.ini as Tornado
    /SSW

Alas, as stated in the OP, I have the zipper (G) and the hog in V4.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Well then gentlemen, you'd better fix your configuration splash page (attached), you product description pages on both your site and your other vendors, because for several of your V4 offerings, TacPack integration is specifically indicated.

Further, when I install a V4 product and find TacPack ini file and instructions in your configuration file for enabling TacPack weapons engine, it creates the impression that it should work.

Happy new year to you too!
    A bit off topic but I needed to borrow the screenshot. @SSW1, is there anyway to make the loadout screen a bit larger in 4k monitors? Though it comes up readily, it's pretty tiny print and I am reluctant to wear reading glasses to fly virtually.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    A bit off topic but I needed to borrow the screenshot. @SSW1, is there anyway to make the loadout screen a bit larger in 4k monitors? Though it comes up readily, it's pretty tiny print and I am reluctant to wear reading glasses to fly virtually.
    HI,
    not able to enlarge loadout pop up window ?
    If not is a bug, will check.
    /SSW

HI,
    not able to enlarge loadout pop up window ?
    If not is a bug, will check.
    /SSW
    Thanks SSW. Really digging the 104 but not liking the smallish menu. Waiting for your reply.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Thanks SSW. Really digging the 104 but not liking the smallish menu. Waiting for your reply.
    Checked,
    loadout splash can be enlarged at your will, it can be undocked as well.
    You may retry please.
    /SSW

vACMI

1. is a no-go so far

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       }
    matter to set:

Code:
    [WEAPON_SYSTEM] { 
       }

and cross your fingers.
    regards
    /SSW

BTW:
    why not consider vACMI ?
    - you can :
    vACMI it seems a good option, i did not know it

Members who have read this thread: 0