AI aircraft carrier ops!

Thread: AI aircraft carrier ops!

AI aircraft carrier ops!

Gents, this is a prototype development we believe is worth sharing early: an AI aircraft landing on a moving carrier! This development is the result of a gradual buildup of our Carriers Extended! SDK and the skill and perseverence of the programmer working on it.

The AI Carrier ops are being developed as a future add-on for FSX/P3D and will require a CEX-enhanced carrier to work. Click the links for more info on the carriers and CEX SDK. No more talk!

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

WOW! That is an accomplishment!

Wow! Then all we'll need are some native FSX naval AI aircraft to use in P3D v4.1 such as the various versions of the F-18, F-14, F-4, etc.
    Mike M.​

Yes! Very impressive. That is first for FSX/P3D isn't it? Congratulations.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Wow, double-wow! Impressive as hell!
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Coming from the long ago days of earlier FS versions and flying around the static boat, everything has almost come to fruition: I've got moving carriers w/ wires, an angry LSO, and the last piece for full immersion was the AI to share those night traps with!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

I have to add that now we have Tacpack, CCP, and FSX@War as well! We have come so far in the last few years that it boggles the mind and it is all due to developers that refuse to accept that it can't be done!

Don't forget about FSCAI. After years of only being able to fly around benign scenery, now it can actually reach out and give you a smackdown...

KS-12 AAA over Haiphong

SimWorks Studios is only a handful of people, but they are continuously pushing the limits of what FSX and P3D can do.
    I have no doubts that they are also working on the other parts of the AI equation (take-off and way point handling) in order to give their carrier ops a higher degree of immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by edakridge View Post
    I have to add that now we have Tacpack, CCP, and FSX@War as well! We have come so far in the last few years that it boggles the mind and it is all due to developers that refuse to accept that it can't be done!
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

So looking forward to this update! Great stuff!
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I have to add that seeing the A-7 used as the AI aircraft in this first video is AWESOME! NC

Nice work! A few years back I managed to get some AI aircraft to land on by setting waypoints for them to fly to but it didn't work for all types with interesting results! How are you controlling them, and what do they do once they're on deck?!

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyBing View Post
    Nice work! A few years back I managed to get some AI aircraft to land on by setting waypoints for them to fly to but it didn't work for all types with interesting results! How are you controlling them, and what do they do once they're on deck?!
    We have an AI algorithm which controls the plane much better than the default FSX/P3D one. It reacts faster, ignores the default AI's limitations of pitch, bank, yaw and flies like a pilot: it knows where it wants to go and how it should do that and flies in a predictive manner. So far it can fly, land, use stick & throttle, wingfold, flaps, gear, hook and taxi on the deck. We still need to do a parking and launch logic to complete the carrier pattern and move on to more interesting things.

The main requirement is that the carrier be CEX enhanced so that it can read the appropriate info (angle of deck, aiming point, meatball data etc). Speaking of this, I meant to contact you about making your ships CEX compatible using our SDK. Please PM me if you're interested.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

Members who have read this thread: 0