Planes of Fame Museum in Lincoln, CA?

Thread: Planes of Fame Museum in Lincoln, CA?

Planes of Fame Museum in Lincoln, CA?

http://eaa1541.org/members/newslette...ional-airport/

This would almost be within walking distance for me. The thought of a lot more vintage aircraft flying in the area plus a new annual airshow is truly exciting.

I really hope this becomes a reality.

this would be great,but i wonder,will it be another satellite site?..or are they thinking of moving the chino ops?..that building looks like its more than just a satellite museum,,,,,or is it wishful thinking on my end?..

i miss the Collings foundation aircraft being at Lincoln,when i lived in south Auburn,the B17 and B24 would do most of the flying over Auburn ,well ALOT of it anyway lol.

another plus is that you have Bud Anderson and Yeager right here too,and both draw other greats to the area.were losing alot of them though.i talked to Bud the other day,wished him a merry christmas and he laughed,said,oh im all alone on that day,but my 97th bday is the 16th (i think that was the day he said,lol) and i just look forward to those..lol..he had me laughing the full 45 minute visit,he doesnt drive anymore and has a caretaker in his home during the day on weekdays,and whispered to me,thank god i have nights and weekends without her,then he laughed big and hard,and i heard the woman say,carefull mr anderson,dont stress yourself,,he whisped see?..shes a bother....he was on pretty good form that day i guess.

anyway,how cool would it be if the museum moved here fully and then the main Planes of Fame airshow was right here?..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    this would be great,but i wonder,will it be another satellite site?..or are they thinking of moving the chino ops?..that building looks like its more than just a satellite museum,,,,,or is it wishful thinking on my end?..

i miss the Collings foundation aircraft being at Lincoln,when i lived in south Auburn,the B17 and B24 would do most of the flying over Auburn ,well ALOT of it anyway lol.

another plus is that you have Bud Anderson and Yeager right here too,and both draw other greats to the area.were losing alot of them though.i talked to Bud the other day,wished him a merry christmas and he laughed,said,oh im all alone on that day,but my 97th bday is the 16th (i think that was the day he said,lol) and i just look forward to those..lol..he had me laughing the full 45 minute visit,he doesnt drive anymore and has a caretaker in his home during the day on weekdays,and whispered to me,thank god i have nights and weekends without her,then he laughed big and hard,and i heard the woman say,carefull mr anderson,dont stress yourself,,he whisped see?..shes a bother....he was on pretty good form that day i guess.

anyway,how cool would it be if the museum moved here fully and then the main Planes of Fame airshow was right here?..
    It will probably be a move as other entities at Chino have been at odds with them. http://airspeedonline.com/2017/04/ya...suit-heats-up/ It's kind of sad that another museum is working against them. Can you imagine the airshow if they collaborated! At least a move won't mean the end to the annual show as had been brought up in the past. Even EAA made a move back in the day from Rockford to (advantageous to me) Oshkosh. I am still concerned about what will happen to Fantasy of Flight. Glad my Dad and I got to see that before he shut the public doors as it is another wonderful living collection!

The Lincoln airport (aka Harder Field back in the 40's) is not really what I would call huge. There are large areas on the Western side that would seem to be the logical place for the museum. It will take a great deal of development as there are no pre-existing buildings for such a facility.

ell it does have a nice long runway atleast,and did you see theyve renamed McClellan to Sacramento McClellan airport? and theyre now saying they have the largest retardant reload base in the USA

The Planes of Fame Air Museum is not moving away from Chino. The Lincoln, CA site proposal is just for an expansion/satellite location like that of the Planes of Fame's Valle, Arizona location. This has been confirmed and re-confirmed by Planes of Fame themselves ever since this proposal was made public. At this time, the Lincoln, CA site is just one of a few different sites under consideration for a third POF site/location.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members who have read this thread: 0