JK P3D paints
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JK P3D paints

JK P3D paints

Since I made the jump to P3D, I might as well start posting my painting progress pics here. Some might work in FSX, but I don't have FSX anymore..

OK, work in progress:
    For the JF Meteor:

Colonel VAN Eeckhoudt's personal aircraft with 350 squadron, Belgian Air Force.

and since A2A wanted to charge me a fortune to buy aircraft I already had in my hangar in FSX, I thought I'd spend it on something new:

still working on the metal, but slowly getting to a stage I'd thought I'd show you

and before you ask, yes, an imaginary paintscheme.
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Great work JK. And yes it is a shame that A2A have adopted the attitude they have regarding upgrades to P3D V4. At the moment I have quite a few A2A hangar queens because I refuse to purchase them again. Certainly a bad business move by A2A especially when most developers are doing the upgrades for free or a token charge of $5.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Very nice paint Jankees,

And I must agree, forced to do a full price re-purchase of an aircraft I already have (A2A/PMDG) certainly made me more selective of my purchases.

I purchased P3Dv4.1 and have not looked at FSX since.

Developers, like A2A and PMDG, should have at leased offered a discounted price for owners of previous versions of the same product.

Guess it will be a while before I will see any of their products in my P3D installment.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Not to derail too much from the great skins being shown by Jankees, but A2A is indeed offering a 30% off sale. I too was hoping for a previous owner discount, but will settle for 30 % off on a v4 T-6 Texan. Looks fantastic and sounds even better than I remember, though I doubt they changed anything aside from making it 64 bit compliant.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Hey Matt, not sure where you got the 30% discount, as the site only shows 25%.

Well, my budget for this year is shot. so I will be doing without A2A in my hangar for a while. Not that I have any other new acquired birds in my hangar to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Hey Matt, not sure where you got the 30% discount, as the site only shows 25%.

Well, my budget for this year is shot. so I will be doing without A2A in my hangar for a while. Not that I have any other new acquired birds in my hangar to enjoy.
    Apologies Manfred. It was indeed 25%, not 30%. Still not a bad deal to upgrade one of my former FSX stable mates. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to upgrade all.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Apologies Manfred. It was indeed 25%, not 30%. Still not a bad deal to upgrade one of my former FSX stable mates. Unfortunately, I don't think I am going to upgrade all.
    No apologies needed Matt, I was just wondering if I missed a discount code for the additional 5%, lol.
    I agree that it's not a bad deal. Just hope A2A will have another sale sometime next year, as I would really like to get the Connie in P3Dv4. the rest will have to wait as well.

Now back to the subject of this thread, and looking forward to more of Jankees paints (sorry for the hijack)

ok, back on track indeed.
    I'm still playing with my imaginary DC-6. what do you prefer, with or without black stripes on the wings?

any other comments?

and then there is this one:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Nice paint Jankees.

I prefer without the black stripes on the wings. Maybe you can add the black de-icing strips on the wing edges.

de-icing boots on an Australian cargo plane? Mmmm, perhaps.
    Meanwhile, this aircraft most certainly did not have them:

still wip, but again, nearly there..

closer..

Blog Entries
    Really....really...really...NICE!!!!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

loving that TAA paint Jankees

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​Is that the PMDG DC-6? Or the JF one.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

That is a work of Art...Please tell me it is the JF
    version. !!!...Yes ?...No ? Yes ?

JF never updated their DC-6 past FSX that I'm aware of. I tried pointing the installer to P3Dv4 awhile back, but
    the installer required FSX, so I didn't bother going any farther.

So unless JK copied all the bits and pieces over, I suspect that's the PMDG one.

But over at AVsim, someone said they got the JF DC-6 into v4, and it ran just fine. I remember lots of people
    weren't very impressed by the plane in FSX, but I liked it. Maybe I'll take another crack at getting the plane
    into v4.

- Rob

Sorry, it's the PMDG version

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    JF never updated their DC-6 past FSX that I'm aware of. I tried pointing the installer to P3Dv4 awhile back, but
    the installer required FSX, so I didn't bother going any farther.

So unless JK copied all the bits and pieces over, I suspect that's the PMDG one.

But over at AVsim, someone said they got the JF DC-6 into v4, and it ran just fine. I remember lots of people
    weren't very impressed by the plane in FSX, but I liked it. Maybe I'll take another crack at getting the plane
    into v4.

- Rob
    I have the JF one in P3Dv4 and don't seem to have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by simondix View Post
    I have the JF one in P3Dv4 and don't seem to have any problems.
    It flies better in P3D4 as well.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Everything seems to fly better in P3Dv4. Just a shame a lot of the old props like Convairs can't be ported over.

and more work in progress:

Nice job on the 92nd BG A-20 hack JK!
    Cheers,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    beautiful work

thank you!

more work in progress:

Members who have read this thread: 0