Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Sound Set.zip

Thread: Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Sound Set.zip

Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Sound Set.zip

A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Sounds

Description: This is a scratch built full 3D sound set for Manfred Jahn & Team's wonderful C-47 Skytrain package. While flying the C-47 in the sim I felt there was some room left to improve the engine sounds. And what started as messing around with parameters ended up in me composing an entirely new sound set starring the Pratt & Whitney R-1830.

The sound set attempts to push the boundaries of what is possible in FSX/P3D. If you fly the C-47 in a realistic manner, this sound set will provide a realistic sound environment. No less than 17 samples are used per engine in order to recreate the external sound environment (everything 44,1KHz high quality audio) while making extensive use of sound cones to cover all the angles. In fact this sound set uses source material from 4 real life C-47As.

All of the aforementioned results in a "study level" sound set that hopes to do justice to the real thing.

Pro tip: don't turn up your subwoofer all the way... or DO but don't blame me

Discussion thread here

Enjoy!

Mike

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit Pratt & Whitney R-1830 Sound Set.zip
    The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

Icon26 thanks

eager to try this out.....fwiw, before my wife and I moved to another house, I was using a pair of Wharfdale W70 floor standing speakers for my computer speakers. Unfortunately, the move did not allow me to take them. But, those Wharfdales could really bark out an engine (or music of course). They could push out the bass with ease. Thanks for the sound files.

Sherm
    DCA662

Icon26 Grrrrreeeeaaaatttt

Excellent sound for the DC3 C47 , have it installed . A Big THANK-YOU

DCA064

Might this sound like be used with a different aircraft, such as Virtavia's P-2V Neptune? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Might this sound like be used with a different aircraft, such as Virtavia's P-2V Neptune? NC

Anyone? NC

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    Anyone? NC
    Give it a try, Chief! Nothing to lose. Just delete it if it's not to your liking.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

This sound set is the bee's knees!!, it has left me in awe!!!, it is the only sound set, to date, that has the correct engine note as the aircraft just passes directly over you or close to you let alone any other angle and that whine!!!, it is an utter master piece in sound, I hope Mike has more sounds for other aircraft because this is bang on the money, put this sound set in to the c-47 the fly it over the tower at low level, it is the real thing!!!!

Members who have read this thread: 0