Grumman Mallard Turboprop for FSX Native/P3D - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grumman Mallard Turboprop for FSX Native/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Thank-you, Milton and co. for this FSX native model. It flies much smoother than the port-over and with better fps as well.

Just one question.

I tried adding some lighting to brighten up a bit the the cockpit panel esp. at dusk/night and must have done something wrong. When I click the 'panel' light switch 'on', I get the panel section lit up as well as the entire VC (overhead light), but no back cabin. When I click the 'cabin' light switch 'on', I get the cabin lights coming on as well as some more additional VC lights coming on.

All of this is good, but here's my question : is there is a way of 'only' having the instrument panel lights come on without any VC (overhead) lighting when the 'panel' light switch is the only light switch turned 'on', and perhaps tying the overhead VC lighting to the 'cabin' light switch ?

Here's my config with the changes I made :

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0=1, -26.158000, 0.000000, 13.389000, fx_beacon
    light.1=3, 0.030000, -32.870000, 1.653000, fx_navred
    light.2=3, 0.030000, 32.870000, 1.653000, fx_navgre
    light.3=7, -0.577000, 32.641000, 1.942000, fx_navwhi
    light.4=7, -0.577000, -32.641000, 1.942000, fx_navwhi
    light.5=9, -3.350000, -2.720000, -5.250000, SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP //LOGO
    light.6=9, -3.350000, 2.720000, -5.250000, SP2112_MALLARD_TRANSOM_DROP //LOGO
    light.7=10, 3.185000, -1.548000, -0.522000, fx_vclighth //cabinlites
    light.8=10, 3.185000, 1.548000, -0.522000, fx_vclighth //cabinlites
    light.9=10, -6.541000, -1.548000, -0.522000, fx_vclighth //cabinlites
    light.10=10, -6.541000, 1.548000, -0.522000, fx_vclighth //cabinlites
    light.11=4, 7.2, -1.15, -0.18, fx_vclight
    light.12=4, 7.2, 1.15, -0.18, fx_vclight
    MZ,

The entries appear to be set up per the SDK. Light type 4=cockpit seems to support both Panel instrument lights and the vclight effect and there is no way to separate them in the cfg to my knowledge. I rarely use vclight effect as it destroys "night vision" and is unrealistic, and that's why I did not add it.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

THNX To Milton And Crew....a Wonderful Gift Like Christmas? It To will bring JOY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    MZ,

The entries appear to be set up per the SDK. Light type 4=cockpit seems to support both Panel instrument lights and the vclight effect and there is no way to separate them in the cfg to my knowledge. I rarely use vclight effect as it destroys "night vision" and is unrealistic, and that's why I did not add it.
    Thank-you, Milton. I think that I'll take these vclight effects out again as better without them.

MZ.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

All white "Arctic" build.

The backlighting of the instruments is built into the .xml file of the instrument.
    The cockpit, such as switches, notepads you may have, placards, levers, etc is lit with the vclight entries in the lights section of the aircraft.cfg.
    The intensity of the vclighting effect, and the instrument backlighting as well, can be controlled with an entry in the panel.cfg file.

Usually placed down near the bottom, is an entry that looks like this:

[Color]
    Day=255,255,255
    Night=115,130,105
    Luminous=125,163,101

The intensity of the VC lighting can be controlled with the NIGHT line (at night, of course), the instrument backlighting with the LUMINOUS line. They are RGB lines, so you can set the color to your desired color. You mix the 3 numbers to get the color you want, raise or lower them to get the intensity desired. Really, a very powerful tool, and quite easy to change. You can then reload the plane to see the effect of your changes immediately.

Hope this helps a little bit...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

My apologies Warren. I guess I did not replace the panel.cfg in the final release.

Comment out this line in the Vcockpit01 section of the panel.cfg like so:

gauge49=//ST_Mallard!Yoke Icon, 197,839,45,45
    Hi everybody,
    here is the modified "Yoke Icon" gauge file that works like it is supposed.
    You only have to replace the original one.

YOKE Icon.7z

Giorgio.

Quote Originally Posted by sidoti View Post
    Hi everybody,
    here is the modified "Yoke Icon" gauge file that works like it is supposed.
    You only have to replace the original one.

YOKE Icon.7z

Giorgio.
    Got it! Giving it a try! Thanks

Worked like a champ For anyone else that inserted the 2 slashes in front of the gauge line, like me, don't forget to remove them first! (Thank you morning coffee)
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

(Thank you morning coffee)
    Morning, afternoon, evening, bedtime...
    Coffee is an ALL-DAY drink. Don't limit it to any part of the day. It doesn't like being limited, and I make it a policy never to annoy the coffee.
    Who knows what it might get up to when it's annoyed...

Have great days all, and enjoy your coffee!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    The backlighting of the instruments is built into the .xml file of the instrument.
    The cockpit, such as switches, notepads you may have, placards, levers, etc is lit with the vclight entries in the lights section of the aircraft.cfg.
    The intensity of the vclighting effect, and the instrument backlighting as well, can be controlled with an entry in the panel.cfg file.

Usually placed down near the bottom, is an entry that looks like this:

[Color]
    Day=255,255,255
    Night=115,130,105
    Luminous=125,163,101

The intensity of the VC lighting can be controlled with the NIGHT line (at night, of course), the instrument backlighting with the LUMINOUS line. They are RGB lines, so you can set the color to your desired color. You mix the 3 numbers to get the color you want, raise or lower them to get the intensity desired. Really, a very powerful tool, and quite easy to change. You can then reload the plane to see the effect of your changes immediately.

Hope this helps a little bit...
    Pat☺
    Thanks, Pat. I will look further into this and play with it for a bit.
    Cheers, MZee ...

W11, Ryzen 9 7950X3D, GeForce RTX 4090 AERO OC, ROG Strix X670E-A Gaming, G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 CL30 AMD EXPO 32GB (2), Kraken Z73 360mm, Lian Li UniFan SL120 V2 (10), Samsung 990 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe 2TB (4), MEG Ai1300P, Lian Li O11D XL, Logitech Z906 5.1, T16000M FCS HOTAS, Xbox Controller, Acer Nitro XV282K 4K UHD LED.

....... Back in my 'happy place'. Thanks, Pat for pointing me in the right direction re the panel lighting - it looks brighter now in my sim.

Cheers, MZee ...

Glad I could be of service
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Well a very interesting amphibian the Grummman Mallard (PT6) has rebounded into FSX nicely. All I can say Milton, is that thanks because today I spent several wonderful hours on a run in the new FSX Native TP Mallard from Ushusia Naval Base in Argentina, down to Cape Horn and then back to Rio Grande, low, mid and FL's. Thoroughly good fun, great model, ho bugs, no hitches nothing just so pleasant to fly. The textures are crisp and in FSX-A, operated flawlessly. Very nice work. Had a great day thanks to Milton. Perfect score!!

Outbound early am.

ORBX South America LC/Global. Seems to be very good with detail and brings South America alive to my mind, just in case any one was curious. Weather real time via FSXWX using REX Textures. Aeroplane by Milton Shupe. Gold Star.
    Trying to locate this gorgeous paint in the library here - the filter system used to help locate a paint is atrocious IMHO. How can one type in what they are looking for when there are scads of words already in each box?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    Trying to locate this gorgeous paint in the library here - the filter system used to help locate a paint is atrocious IMHO. How can one type in what they are looking for when there are scads of words already in each box?
    The Pan AM livery is part of the package.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

The Pan AM livery is part of the package.
    oops... didn't go thru all the liveries.

Small AI menu with the Mallard

When flying the new Mallard the AI ships menu is small.

If I use a completely different aircraft the AI menu is normal size
    What's up with that- ( this is in P3D V3)

Edit: issue solve.
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 30th, 2017 at 10:51.

When flying the new Mallard the AI ships menu is small.

If I use a completely different aircraft the AI menu is normal size
    What's up with that- ( this is in P3D V3)
    Might be a better question for the P3D forum.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Quote Originally Posted by MrZippy View Post
    Might be a better question for the P3D forum.
    Okay bub it's over there

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...25#post1118925

Edit: issue solved.
    Last edited by gray eagle; December 30th, 2017 at 10:52.

New Mallard water issues

I'm posting this issue here and in P3D. With a water takeoff in P3d I notice little white (water) balls emanating from the aircraft. I know, I know,(Zippy) post it in P3d but a lot of P3D people come over here as well.

Tha AICarriers menu isn't any shorter in re number of ships available. It's been made smaller in size. You need to make the whole window used to see it in larger, or stretch out the menu.
    Notice the MORE below choice 4. If you click that, you'll see the rest of the entries, even if you don't adjust the menu's overall size.

All the entries are present, you just can't see them unless you take some sort of action. Make the menu larger, make the window larger, click on the MORE entry, something.

Hope this helps...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Very little, if any, of that ball effect flying both the turbo Mallard or the Goose. Ooops, forgot the parking brake in the Goose pic

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turbo mallard.jpg   Goose.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    Tha AICarriers menu isn't any shorter in re number of ships available. It's been made smaller in size. You need to make the whole window used to see it in larger, or stretch out the menu.
    Notice the MORE below choice 4. If you click that, you'll see the rest of the entries, even if you don't adjust the menu's overall size.

All the entries are present, you just can't see them unless you take some sort of action. Make the menu larger, make the window larger, click on the MORE entry, something.

Hope this helps...
    Pat☺
    I made the menu larger in the Mallard by resizing the menu screen with the mouse pointer and just pulling the edge/bottom to normal size. Note: this is only aircraft
    that I had this issue. Other aircraft, AI Menu is full blown. In the small screen (click more) and more ships appear but in same small screen unless I manually stretch
    the screen to normal size.

I'm posting this issue here and in P3D. With a water takeoff in P3d I notice little white (water) balls emanating from the aircraft. I know, I know,(Zippy) post it in P3d but a lot of P3D people come over here as well.
    Answered in the P3D forum. I do not have P3D so cannot work up a different effect.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

In FSX the fuselage water drip effect works and shows very nicely just after a water takeoff.
    Only minor thing is I have some of this water effect very briefly showing on land under the aircraft if I hit the 'L' key on the keyboard to turn all the AC lights on, but it's no big deal.
    Cheers, MZee ...

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    In FSX the fuselage water drip effect works and shows very nicely just after a water takeoff.
    Only minor thing is I have some of this water effect very briefly showing on land under the aircraft if I hit the 'L' key on the keyboard to turn all the AC lights on, but it's no big deal.
    Your choice MZ; there are individual switches for all the lights, including the Mooring lights (recog).

If you choose to use the "L" key, that's what you get. Note that is there is no "L" key in the cockpit. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Propeller disks....

Just updating the propeller effects...I like to see those white tips in the propellers showing in the disks, as this image attached...
    Please find attached the zipped file...
    Hope you gentlemen think its any good.

later,
    yours,
    rui

Pride of Bimini...

...with updated textures, went back to the old bag and have been "refining" a few bits...
    like those engine exhaust areas with photoreal textures
    hope you like her!

Members who have read this thread: 1