Grumman Mallard Turboprop for FSX Native/P3D - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Grumman Mallard Turboprop for FSX Native/P3D

...it doesnt sound very nice, so I just want to say that by old bag I dont mean the model!;-)

Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    ...it doesnt sound very nice, so I just want to say that by old bag I dont mean the model!;-)
    LOL I knew what you meant. The updates look great
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Hi Milton,

do you think it would be possible to add a mooring buoy or an anchor to the aircraft model that would show up when in the water with the park brake set? It currently looks a bit funny with a seaplane "drifting" around without some form of mooring.

Best regards,

Seawing

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by manecas View Post
    ...with updated textures, went back to the old bag and have been "refining" a few bits...
    like those engine exhaust areas with photoreal textures
    hope you like her!

As someone who has cleaned more PT-6 Exhaust stains (On a King Air C-90) than I care to remember, The prop rotation makes a huge difference in how it stains, not the aft-ward air flow. Left engine, heavy stains on the left side of the Nacelle flowing over the top to the inboard side. inboard side will have a short stain just aft of the stack and the whole top surface of the wing will have a light brown "haze". Right engine will be pretty much the same but the haze will move further out the wing. The C-90's I cleaned were dirty from the left stacks back on the inboard wing, and the fuselage almost back to the tail. Right side no stains on the fuselage but the top of the wing was stained out almost 3 feet towards the tip.

The plane could be pristine on engine start but do run ups and a couple of laps around the pattern and it looked like I hadn't even cleaned it....

Just me nitpicking... love the Paint
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    Hi Milton,

do you think it would be possible to add a mooring buoy or an anchor to the aircraft model that would show up when in the water with the park brake set? It currently looks a bit funny with a seaplane "drifting" around without some form of mooring.

Best regards,

Seawing

It is indeed possible. You may recall that the LDR version of the radial variant has the bouy.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    It is indeed possible. You may recall that the LDR version of the radial variant has the bouy.
    And do you see a chance to update the model for that?

Best regards,

Seawing

Quote Originally Posted by seawing View Post
    And do you see a chance to update the model for that?

Best regards,

Seawing
    When we get the X-3 done, I will consider doing that.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 2