VRS TacPack & SuperBug now available for P3dv4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: VRS TacPack & SuperBug now available for P3dv4

VRS TacPack & SuperBug now available for P3dv4

As per the title, TP and SB are now available for P3dv4 Academic version only.

Prices are:
    $59.99 for SB (up from $49.95 for 32bit P3d version)
    $49.95 for TP (up from $39.95) or
    $99.94 for bundle (up from $79.94)

There is a 33% discount if you own the previous P3d version if you have a active maintenance agreement. If you don't then you need to buy an extension to qualify for the discount.

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/for...hp?f=1&t=18502

100$ Bundle
    -33$ Discount
    +16$ extension for 1 year (Hornet + TacPack)
    = 83$

Or if I have to purchase the Hornet and TacPack separately as my previous V3 buy was:

110$
    -36$
    +16$
    = 90$

Still cheaper than buying the bundle again for 100$ but I really dislike the whole "1 or 2 year download period for xxx $".

It's a really great product but I think I will hold on for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dondy View Post
    100$ Bundle
    -33$ Discount
    +16$ extension for 1 year (Hornet + TacPack)
    = 83$

Or if I have to purchase the Hornet and TacPack separately as my previous V3 buy was:

110$
    -36$
    +16$
    = 90$

Still cheaper than buying the bundle again for 100$ but I really dislike the whole "1 or 2 year download period for xxx $".

It's a really great product but I think I will hold on for now.

+1. Not much of a saving when you have to rebuy your product maintenance. Hopefully they have another sale next year, otherwise I will just stick with the P3D V3 version.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Not impressed that I have to renew my FSX subscription before Im able to buy the 64bit upgrade

I might as well pay full price for the 64bit as a new customer

i think im going to pass on this for now

Nice! Thanks DaveWG for the HU!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Not impressed that I have to renew my FSX subscription before Im able to buy the 64bit upgrade

I might as well pay full price for the 64bit as a new customer

i think im going to pass on this for now
    Same here. Already bought both for FSX, and again for P3dv3, I'm not paying full price once again.

Finally!!!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Question: Do I have to purchase this yearly upgrade in order to get the 33% discount for the package? If so...

I am going to hold off too. This bleeding you to death slowly pisses me off. I have done so long with out it, I may just stay on the wagon. I have bought both of them at least twice now. Am I getting more for my money on the third go around? I don't think so.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Question: Do I have to purchase this yearly upgrade in order to get the 33% discount for the package? If so...

I am going to hold off too. This bleeding you to death slowly pisses me off. I have done so long with out it, I may just stay on the wagon. I have bought both of them at least twice now. Am I getting more for my money on the third go around? I don't think so.
    Yes, when you click on update/upgrade, it asks you for the yearly fsx download subscription, you need to purchase this, before you are able to be eligible for the purchase of the 64bit purchase

This pricing structure is a bit of a slap in the face for the previous customers.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Bought TacPack for P3Dv4 but this process (of upgrade) is simply stupid and and that's a little scam, simply.

You must pay firstly money for what? For active downlaod link the old product?
    I paid 8$ for nothing and next recived discount for 35$ in total. So the full price in total was 43$, the normal full price is 50$, so the discount wasn't on the level -33% but -14%.

For sure, it's a better that nothing but it isn't smell well .......

I have mixed feelings...

(maybe it's an option to return this "Maintenance/Download Extension (+1 year)" ??? after this process ;>)
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I whish I could buy it for my P3D Professional Dev version. I'm even potentially developing for it with my 3D designs, but TacPack in the dev version (LM offers no no dev version for the academic P3D) it's financially out of question since I don't earn a single dime with my dev stuff.

Sigh,
    Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; December 23rd, 2017 at 01:25.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Bought TacPack for P3Dv4 but this process (of upgrade) is simply stupid and and that's a little scam, simply.

(maybe it's an option to return this "Maintenance/Download Extension (+1 year)" ??? after this process ;>)
    Yes, I think the demand to pay extra to re-download is bad publicity and rubs me the wrong way when:

1. I rarely have re-download an add-on. I make backups. It is only if the developer updates the product that I re-download. So, why do I need to pay for a service I don't use?
    2. No other developer, that I know of, charges to re-download.

I know that they supply a niche market. I can understand the need to get a decent ROE. I also know that for some reason LM doesn't give them advanced notice of changes and that these cause them to scramble and have to re-code. However, the fact that they cry about this as an excuse to charge more make me ask, "Any why is that MY problem?" I can't help but look at REX, Milviz, Orbx, and see all the extra work they have done for free, and compare the these companies to VRS. With whom would you rather do business?

I really don't mind paying once again for the product, in spite of my thoughts above. I just think their seemly attitude of we have you bay the gonads and you will pay what we demand sucks. I don't need the F-18. I agree that it is the paragon of flight sim aircraft aircraft development. No one else has made an aircraft as accurate and realistic as the VRS F-18. However, I don't fly it all the time. Actually, I have far more aircraft than I have time to fly.

The TACPAC program is necessary if you want to drop bombs on simulated people and send unsuspecting airliners plunging to the ground in flames. More and more fighter aircraft are using it. So, unless LM unlocks weapons in the Academic or Professional versions, I may be forced to bow down and kiss their stinking feet.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Tried it once and despite carefully choosing their version for my version of P3D it failed.
    Asked the obvious questing politely and never received any assistance.
    Not impressed with their business model either, one pays for a product and one has to ante up a year later?
    Never again.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

The TACPAC program is necessary if you want to drop bombs on simulated people and send unsuspecting airliners plunging to the ground in flames. More and more fighter aircraft are using it. So, unless LM unlocks weapons in the Academic or Professional versions, I may be forced to bow down and kiss their stinking feet.

It's not everyone's idea of a solution, but you can always install DCS World for your combat simming, or SSW has a free weapons package in vACMI, although I think that may be for their products only. I bought the VRS F/A-18 for P3D (V3) because it was so well modelled and had a great reputation in the FSX community. I only really got Tac Pack as it was required for the Superbug, although it is obviously good to be able to use the weapons in P3D. I am keeping V3 installed anyway so I will keep using my V3 version of the Superbug.

DCS World is the ultimate for combat simming and the aircraft are all modelled as close to the real things as they have ever been in any sim.

If you really want, you can also shoot down unsuspecting airliners .

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Tried it once and despite carefully choosing their version for my version of P3D it failed.
    Asked the obvious questing politely and never received any assistance.
    Not impressed with their business model either, one pays for a product and one has to ante up a year later?
    Never again.
    That's pretty poor. Did you try the latest version with the latest version of P3D(V3). I know they had to release new versions of the Super Hornet and Tac Pack for each hotfix of P3D V3.

For P3D V3.4.22.19868 you need V1.4.3.4 of the Superbug and Tac Pack. Each different version of P3D V3 needed a different version of the Superbug and Tac Pack.

Cheers,

Having recently returned from a country where the 'Opposition' strike aircraft drivers think civilians, aid workers, medical volunteers, hospitals and anything 'Red Cross' are legitimate targets I have no interest in dropping bombs or shooting down 'Unsuspecting Airliners' AT ALL Scott.

I'll stick to ROF for my air combat operations, where it's Man to Man without any technical gimmicks.
    It's all a matter of personal taste.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Of course another " gotcha" with VRS is that if you want the Superbug just for carrier ops, but have no interest in dropping weapons you still have to buy TacPack as it won't work at without it. Hardly any point selling it separately really.

Yes, I think the demand to pay extra to re-download is bad publicity and rubs me the wrong way when:

1. I rarely have re-download an add-on. I make backups. It is only if the developer updates the product that I re-download. So, why do I need to pay for a service I don't use?
    2. No other developer, that I know of, charges to re-download.
    I'm not sure I understood correctly, but you don't need to pay anything to be able to re-download your product.
    You pay to get a personnal download link in your account.
    If you don't pay, you can simply download from the support forum.

Unimpressed

I need to buy so I can develop but why is it so expensive and only works for a year ????
    Had no idea mine ran out yesterday!

Very slow development too for the price!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I'm not sure I understood correctly, but you don't need to pay anything to be able to re-download your product.
    You pay to get a personnal download link in your account.
    If you don't pay, you can simply download from the support forum.
    True, but if you want the discount for the P3d v4 version you need an active maintainance contract for which you have to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_Piper View Post
    Unimpressed

I need to buy so I can develop but why is it so expensive and only works for a year ????
    Had no idea mine ran out yesterday!

Very slow development too for the price!

Rick
    It does work for more than a year Rick, it's just the personal download link that expires.

No Tacpack for me, if I get the occasional urge to blow things up I go to DCS with the Nevada map. For combat flying DCS is lightyears ahead of P3D + TP in terms of immersion, graphics, smoothness, quality of the addon aircraft and systems realism. The only advantage I can think of with P3D and combat flying is that P3D covers the entire globe. The best military jets are developed now for DCS like the Razbam Harrier which is much better than it's FSX/P3D predecessor. Judging by the preview videos the upcoming DCS F/A-18C will blow it's big VRS brother out of the water. Once the Belsimtek DCS F-4E Phantom is ready, I will send the Milviz one I have in P3D to the boneyard.

Thanks Dave

It's a really great addon but far far to expensive and will mean many won't bother upgrading.

better to sell 3x as many at half the price in my view.

but I doubt they care to be honest.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Having recently returned from a country where the 'Opposition' strike aircraft drivers think civilians, aid workers, medical volunteers, hospitals and anything 'Red Cross' are legitimate targets I have no interest in dropping bombs or shooting down 'Unsuspecting Airliners' AT ALL Scott.

I'll stick to ROF for my air combat operations, where it's Man to Man without any technical gimmicks.
    It's all a matter of personal taste.
    Dude! I was trying to give you advice about getting your VRS Hornet working and you turn around and reply with that! Number 1 I don't shoot down "unsuspecting airliners" for real or in the sim and if you look at the post above the helpful reply I gave you, you will see I was replying with a lighthearted play on the quote another user made. Number 2, if you have such a problem with simulated military aircraft, why would you be on this forum?

I am totally sick of people having a go at others for using military simulators because of real world bull%^$@.

What I do on my PC has nothing to do with the real world and I resent the implication that it does.

Members who have read this thread: 0