Flashing lights

Thread: Flashing lights

Flashing lights

Hi!

i have played with the settings in order to get rid of this annoying little problem. With no luck. Is there anybody in our community able to help me.

When I put the cursor of the mouse to any of the buttons in the virtual cockpit, all the light in the cockpit flash. In every gauge ... Of I hover over the panel, I see a series of flashes. It’s like a 80’s Disco....

Any ideas?

sounds like a display driver issue.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    sounds like a display driver issue.
    Meaning what? I need a new one? Or update? Or...?

Anyone able to help, please?

I did some research of this problem. It is not just the lights, even the sky loses it blue color (and is brown) when I touch a knob in the cockpit. And this happends only with full screen, if I run P3D in window (which I hate), there is no problem what so ever.

I am not very good with computers, so I really appreciate all (easy to understand) help. Anyone, plz?

Quote Originally Posted by kiki View Post
    Anyone able to help, please?

I did some research of this problem. It is not just the lights, even the sky loses it blue color (and is brown) when I touch a knob in the cockpit. And this happens only with full screen, if I run P3D in window (which I hate), there is no problem what so ever.

I am not very good with computers, so I really appreciate all (easy to understand) help. Anyone, plz?
    I agree with Rick about the drivers for your Graphics card. You might want to check to see if newer drivers are available.
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thank you for your answers! However, out dated driver is not the problem, I’m afraid. I have the latest drivers installed. Seems to be something else...

No, the newest may not solve your issue. Try rolling back, 2 versions of you can. Sometimes it can be caused by new drivers. Another thing Might be you have corrupted shaders. Try deleting your shaders cache and allowing P#D to rebuild it.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

The other thing you can do, is uninstall, the client P3D client and Content and reinstall those 2 modules only.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Thank you, Rick, for your help. You are very friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately none of those tricks helped me. This is so frustrating!

Why everything is just fine in windowed mode? I have played a little with Envtex and PTA in order to make the sim look better. Could it be because of them?

My system has Asus R7 250X with drivers 15.20.0.0000 for Win10 (64) from May 2015, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 2.83GHz, GDDR5 mem, Windows 10(64). And my P3D is v 3.4. Everything was just fine a couple of days ago. I have installed only ORBX Germany N and S and, as I said, done some tests with Envtex and PTA. During that process I got this problem.

And now, after all this hard work, I am not able to start the sim anymore! Any ideas, you gurus out there?
    Last edited by kiki; December 22nd, 2017 at 07:39.

Yes PTA settings can run your shaders if You tried reinstalling the client and Content? That should have solved the issue if it was shaders based. If you did, and it didn't work, then it's a driver issue most likely.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO

Here is a list of my actions. Well, as far as I can recall.

1. I deleted shaders - the graphical problem was still there
    2. I uninstalled the Client and the Content and installed the new ones - nothing is changed
    3. I downloaded and installed drivers for my card - The sim won’t start anymore
    4. I deleted prepar3d.cfg - the sim won’t launch
    5. I deleted dll from Users/Kiki/AppData/Roaming/LockheedMartin/Prepar3D v3 - the sim does not start
    6. I launched Envtex, checked everything and installed it’s set up
    7. I launched PTA, I am not able to Apply new preset, because that option is not active
    8. P3d won’t start
    9. I repeated step 2
    10. I deleted the prepar3d.cfg
    11. Still not able to start the sim
    12. I repeated step 3
    13. I tried to launch the P3D with no luck

I feel I’m trapped and in a dead end. I started with a graphical problems and now I’m frustrated with the non working sim. The problem I had in the first place seems to be a problem with the graphical card and I was not able to solve it with my limited knowledge. To be honest I don’t know what I should have done. That situation lead me to even bigger problems.

All ideas and and all the help is highly appreciated.

". I downloaded and installed drivers for my card - The sim won’t start anymore"

Since P3D worked until you updated the video drivers, I would suggest rolling back to a previous video driver.
    Sue

Members who have read this thread: 0