A2A and PMDG v4 switch

Thread: A2A and PMDG v4 switch

A2A and PMDG v4 switch

I saw some conflicting postings regarding both A2A and PMDG updating to P3Dv4. I see that PMDG has an almost full line of P3Dv4 makeovers. I also was some disgruntlement towards both for charging their clients full price or an upgrade fee.

What is the ground truth? I do love both of their lines and I am not beyond re-purchasing, if I must, any of their items I have in my FSX folder, particularly their 737 NGX and the T-6. Did either PMDG or A2A perhaps offer an upgrade fee versus paying full price?

I saw earlier this was a hot topic to some and I am not looking for a shooting war towards either. Each company has a business model they have chosen to support their products and lines and I fully respect that. What I want to avoid is buying a full purchase item if there's an unadvertised upgrade ability.

Thanks
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

In both cases upgrades from P3d v3 to v4 are free, but FSX to P3d are a new purchase at full price.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    In both cases upgrades from P3d v3 to v4 are free, but FSX to P3d are a new purchase at full price.
    That's sort of what I thought, just needed confirmation. Thanks so much.

Matt

Matt-

I don't usually jump into these threads, but since it's you.... yes. There is an upgrade path from P3d, but as Dave said- not from FSX.

Still, amongst the very best value for each Dollar spent in 2018.... IMHO.

Merry Christmas mate!

C

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Matt-

I don't usually jump into these threads, but since it's you.... yes. There is an upgrade path from P3d, but as Dave said- not from FSX.

Still, amongst the very best value for each Dollar spent in 2018.... IMHO.

Merry Christmas mate!

C
    C,

Merry Christmas to you as well my friend!

I have always loved both of their lines and though not anxious to pony up more money for a duplicate virtual plane, I do indeed really enjoy their T-6 and 737 NGX, more so now that someone's made a skin of the P-8 with all the right bumps and markings. I will probably buy this weekend, now that Christmas gifts are done...thank goodness.

Now, to fix my new install...tried using REX Airports 3D, which is NOT v4 compliant and now have CTD....yuck! Also noting REX in general is giving me fits, so may have to lurk in their forums this week a bit to fix that too.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    C,

Merry Christmas to you as well my friend!

Now, to fix my new install...tried using REX Airports 3D, which is NOT v4 compliant and now have CTD....yuck! Also noting REX in general is giving me fits, so may have to lurk in their forums this week a bit to fix that too.
    REX Airports HD is in line to be V4 ready. However, they still need to change some coding. I have been watching the V3-V4 progress on REX's site and evidently they have had to do some rather serious reprogramming on several of their products. I personally think they are a class act for doing so much work for no extra return, other than good will. So, I will patiently wait and say kudos to REX.

I too, will be happy when my airport textures come back to life.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I must agree on all counts.

I have several of their products for FSX, and am not looking forward to fork out full price to purchase the same product all over again, but Knowing how much I enjoy their products, I know it will be worth every penny.

It will just take a while before I will have them all on this 64 bit platform. Still, a discount for those coming from FSX would increase their willingness and ability to re-purchase the products for P3Dv4, and therefore would increase revenue.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Members who have read this thread: 0