DCS World 2.5

Thread: DCS World 2.5

DCS World 2.5

A nice video showing the Hornet flying over 2.5 world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24mxhEl1B0Y

***DCS World 2.5 Coming in January ***.

"Dear all,

DCS World 2.5 News Update

Work is going well with the updated Caucasus map and the summer map is ready to go! However, there is still work to do on the Spring, Autumn, and Winter maps. Much of this revolves around integration of the new SpeedTree tech. This is a rather time consuming process and is not just a case of just dropping in new tech.

Additionally, a lot of work continues on updating the hundreds of missions and campaigns that need to be adjusted for the map changes. This primarily entails moving units and their routes out of the many new forested areas on the map. We want this move to DCS World 2.5 to be as bug-free as possible.

Finally, we have the holiday season fast approaching, and we need to give our staff time with their loved ones.

Given this, we will be releasing DCS World 2.5 by late-January 2018. This is not an estimate, this is a promise.

DCS World 2.5 will be released as a new download (NOT an update to an existing version). In other words, DCS World 2.5 will replace DCS World 1.5 Stable. The current 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to be DCS World 2.5 Open Beta. As such DCS 2.5 Stable and DCS 2.5 Open Beta will be available at the same time. DCS 2.1 Open Alpha will be removed, and DCS World 1.5 will remain but be unsupported.

Modules under DCS World 2.x will not need to be re-downloaded or activated. Just do not uninstall DCS World 2.2 Open Alpha prior to installing DCS World 2.5 Stable, as 2.5 will copy the modules over from 2.2.
    Any files in your Users/Saved Games folder will not be affected.

Pilots statistics from DCS World 2.x will be carried over to DCS World 2.5.

Movement of DCS World 2.5 would then soon follow to Steam.

Thanks,
    Matt “Wags” Wagner
    Eagle Dynamic SA, Senior Producer

Patrick

So, wondering if this weekend will the the big update in bringing all platforms into a unified state? Will also keep my fingers crossed the Hornet hits early release with the new 2.5...hoping.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    So, wondering if this weekend will the the big update in bringing all platforms into a unified state? Will also keep my fingers crossed the Hornet hits early release with the new 2.5...hoping.
    Unfortunately No,DCS 2.5 will be this Wednesday Jan,31....Hornet will be no sooner than April...until end of May.

Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    Unfortunately No,DCS 2.5 will be this Wednesday Jan,31....Hornet will be no sooner than April...until end of May.
    Thanks for the more accurate release date. If you posted earlier, my apologies I overlooked it. Regarding the Hornet.....wish it were sooner than later, but standing by. Gives me time to set up my OR and try VR out a bit.

Matt

VR in DCS is....EPIC!!

Patrick

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom88 View Post
    VR in DCS is....EPIC!!
    Absolutely. A whole new world opens itself!

***DCS 2.5 Release Plan***

from DCS forums.......
    "
    Gentlemen, here is some explanations how your current 1.5 (and/or 2.2) will be converted to 2.5, please take a look the attached diagram. Transition will be made in 2 stages:

Stage 1: 2.5.0 Open Beta. The 1.5.8 Open Beta will be updated to the 2.5.0 Open Beta. The updater will check for 2.2.0 (Open Alpha) and add necessary modules from 2.2.0 to 2.5.0 to avoid unnecessary downloads.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha and 1.5.8 Release will remain at this stage so you can continue to play online with those still using 1.5.8 or 1.2.2.

Over the next one to two weeks, we will be carefully monitoring 2.5.0 Open Beta reports in order to move to Stage 2.

Stage 2: 2.5.0 Release. The 1.5.8 Release version will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version. You will be prompted before updating to 2.5.0, and you will have an option to save a 1.5.8 Final version to a separate directory.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will be updated to the 2.5.0 Release version.

Modules from 2.2.0 Open Alpha (or 2.5.0 Open Beta - see Stage 1) will be used during the 2.5.0 Release installation, after which, version 2.2.0 will be uninstalled after prompting you.

The 2.2.0 Open Alpha will no longer be supported. If you only have the 2.2.0 Open Alpha, the updater will suggest that you download the 2.5.0 installer - it will then install the 2.5.0 Release version and remove the 2.2.0 Open Alpha.

Home Folders (Saved Games\DCS) will remain in the same location (Saved Games\DCS and Saved Games\DCS.openbeta). New Saved Games\DCS.release_1_5 will be created for the 1.5.8 Final version and all its content will be copied into it from Saved Games\DCS. We also strongly suggest that you remove the Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua file and set up your graphics settings from scratch, given the significant differences between 1.5.8 and 2.5.0.

Activations. All activation keys are saved in the Windows Registry and NO additional activation will be required.

1.5.8 Final version installer will be available on DCS site.

Transition planned in January 2018."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  

Patrick

COWS!!

Patrick

Chopper $ALE

Patrick

S C U D ! !

Patrick

Interesting...........Wag's DCS Splashscreen Capture from recent video

Patrick

Saw that too, all the grayed out icons: F-16C, Straits of Dover and Syria......bring it on!

Matt

***GA Gun Cam***

Patrick

Some News From Wags*Eagle Dynamics at Flight Sim Expo
    For those curious, I will be attending FlightSimExpo 2019 in Orlando. I’ll mostly be at the Thrustmaster booth to help demonstrate the Hornet, but I also plan to show off some new modules coming later this year. I look forward to meeting many of you there!

• Wags*

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0