Fw-190 woes.

Thread: Fw-190 woes.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries

Fw-190 woes.

Was excited about the the new Fw-190 till i found out i have to modify a bunch of files. Something i'm not too good at. What is a text editor and were can i find one? Always used notepad but that was it. There seems to be one that replaces the ETO preload. Should i just use that one instead? Can the other files for effects and sounds use notepad or do i need a text editor for those too ? Hope i don't sound too dumb.Really want these aircraft so any help will be useful. Thanks,Scott

A text editor is any program used to edit files that consist of text, such as the txt, ini, xml, cfg, and xdp files common in CFS3. Notepad is a text editor, and perfectly adequate for pretty much anything you would do in CFS3. It's pretty much the only one I use, there's fancier ones out there, but I like to keep it simple. Technically the preload is optional, everything will still work, but the first time cfs3 loads a texture in a session you might briefly see it as a back or white square while CFS3 loads it. The one included should be a straight replacement of the existing one.

I hope that helps!

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the help ! Can't wait to get this installed as it's one of my favorite aircraft of WWII. Thanks again for the help. Regards,Scott

No trouble, hope you can get up and running soon!

Members who have read this thread: 0