RAF Banff at Version 1.0 - finally!

Thread: RAF Banff at Version 1.0 - finally!

Didn't quite escape.

RAF Banff at Version 1.0 - finally!

Following all the trials, tribulations, hacks, a lot of time in Blender and SBuilderX, I have finally uploaded Version 1.0 of my RAF Banff scenery to my website.

The home of the Banff Strike Wing - quite probably the most photographed unit in the WW2 RAF, thanks to its CO's press connections - Banff was situated right up against the Moray Firth and was used for operations across the North Sea and Norwegian coastline, often in association with the Beaufighters from Dallachy to the West and with Mustangs from RAF Peterhead to the East providing cover.

There are a lot of new buildings in this one. Oodles of them, plus I've done a half-decent (I hope!) mesh blend file and have included SODE-controlled runway control caravans and directional "T". As a result, you'll need to download both new object libraries and the SODE SimObjects library from my website.

Banff can be found here: http://www.ianpsdarkcorner.co.uk/fli...lds/raf-banff/ - where you can also find links to the libraries.

Hope it's of use to someone - the AH/JF Mosquito includes a Banff paint within the pack, so it's a nice place to fly that from, if nothing else!

Cheers,

Ian P.

Thanks Ian, already installed and flying and looking good

cheers ian

Downloading as we speak. Thank you so much, Ian.

Brian

Good Morning
    As a newbie to SODE, having downloaded IJP_WW2_Simobjects, could someone tell me where they are to be placed. The contents of the file contain many models, six textures and a sim.CFG.

Thanks in advance.
    Regards Paul Day.

Place your complete IJP_WW2_Simobjects folder into your Addon-scenery folder and active like normal scenery , making sure its lower down the list than any of Ians other scenery,
    cheers ian

Didn't quite escape.
    I'm not entirely sure they'll work that way, because they are SimObjects, not scenery files - they're the equivalent of a user aircraft, a ground vehicle or whatever. If they do work, then that's good, but I wouldn't expect them to, because that's not where either FSX or SODE expect to find them!

SODE should have created a folder for you under "ProgramData" - by default it is "C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE" within which you will find "SimObjects" and "xml" folders. My "IJP_WW2_Simobjects" folder should go inside the "SimObjects" folder and the Banff "IJP_X6BN.xml" file in the "xml" folder.

I'll re-upload them later with a simple install readme.txt file in.

Cheers,

Ian P.

Ooops, my mistake, getting my object libs and simobs mixed up, what ian said

Members who have read this thread: 0